Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What is the world's most haunted location?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:39 AM

I haven't been to Alcatraz myself but I think rah6655 has been there.  I will have her check this out and maybe she will be able to help out with the history.  I believe that it was an army fort at one point in it's history.  I am thinking that there were many that died there then.  There were also many that died there during it's prison days I seem to recall from a show or two. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 19 September 2003 - 06:13 AM

I am currently watching a show on History that is talking about how a room was discovered deep below Alcatraz and was used as a torture chamber.  That would really explain a lot! ;D

#18 MarlaMigs

MarlaMigs

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:56 AM

Hello, my name is Marla.  I am new to GV.  I am going to San Francisco in October and already have out tour of Alcatraz tickets purchased.  What would I look for?  Would I be able to see anything on the tour?   We purchased the evening tour, just thought it would be more interesting.  Also, what hotel were you guys talking about in Frisco??

#19 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 12:51 PM

Here is what I would do on a tour of Alcatraz.  I don't know if all of it can be done but it would be worth a shot.  I would first of all take a tape recorder and make an attempt to talk to the spirits there.  Second I would shoot a lot of film to see if I got any anomolies.  Third I would have my camcorder going using metal tape and using the night shots feature.  I think I would also ask if there is any way to get to the lower levels, hey probably not but worth a try!  That is the real meat of the whole thing!  Enjoy your trip and oh, by the way, welcome to the village! ;D

#20 moon_dancer

moon_dancer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:45 PM

Well these might be smaller places, like Alton, IN, Troy Taylor has done alot of books on there, then there is Savanna GA.  Chicago,with its cemetery.  Just a few that I can think of.

#21 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:14 AM

If you want a not so famouse haunted farm try Longview Farm in Cass County.

#22 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 09:51 AM

which Cass County?  I think there are at least 2
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

• Guests

Posted 21 September 2003 - 10:59 AM

??? I dont know the location or the name of the house, but I have a lot of other info on it, I just want to know if anyone can tell me where I can find it on the web.

The houses owner invented a gun, I think it was called somthing close to Remington, but this guy made the gun,got rich and built a house. He and his wife were haunted by the ghosts that were killed by the gun, the man died and the wife was still haunted. She ended building on parts to the house to try to escape the ghosts, there were really weird rooms, and hallways that would lead to a dead end. i reamember this one door, that when you opened it, it had a set of stairs that lead straight to the ceiling, i know that this may be a bit sketcky but im sure its on the web some where, i just cant find it.
i would apreciate the help.

thank you

#24 DSF

DSF

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:17 PM

Hi Stephanie,

I believe that you are talking about the Sarah Winchester house.  I think it is located in California, but I can't remember exactly, so that may be wrong. You can check out the links and resources here at Ghostvillage and they might get you started in the right direction.

Good luck!

#25 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 04:50 PM

Mrs.

It does sound like the Winchester House which is in CA.

Stephanie,

Welcome, hope you stay around for awhile  ;D
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#26 WhyteWatcher

WhyteWatcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:40 AM

I'd always thought that Connecticut was just about the most haunted state in all of the United States. Based on stories I've heard from each and every person I've ever talked to that lived in or visited CT.  I have a couple of friends (they're a couple that live together and now have a beautiful and exceptionally "sensitive" child)who now live here in Florida.  They told stories that just about curled my hair!  She used to play in a cemetary by her house (photos of her taken in CT clearly show multiple orbs)and he has experienced the old hag syndrome since moving back to Florida.
I had originally intended to put them on my Investigative team, however, after the Old Hag episode, he refuses to even entertain the notion.  

#27 TKE448

TKE448

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:53 AM

Whyte, I almost agree exactly with you about CT, but I would have to rephrase it to include all of New England.  There is just something about that whole area that strikes me as being "eerie".  I don't know if it the past that that area has had or what, but I would put New England as probably the most haunted region of the country, if not the world.  
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#28 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:43 AM

Oh sorry Masquerade the county I was talking about is in Missouri just south of Kansas City.So far what I have seen are the shadows of horses running along a fenced in pasture,this young lady riding in a horse/carriege that races any car that is driving on the highway that runs beside the farm,the same young lady crashes her carriege into a creek,and balls of light during clear summer nights. The place hasn't been occupied or an operating farm since 1970.The original farm stretches from Lees Summit,Raymore,Peculiar,and Belton with old 71,new 71, and 291 Hiways crossing it.

#29 MTV

MTV

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:09 PM

They say England is the most haunted of them all. :)

#30 MTV

MTV

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:09 PM

They say England is the most haunted of them all. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users