In need of help, looking for answers

help support medium sensitive ghost paranormal how can you tell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lunaliberi

lunaliberi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Piano, violin, music, different languages, road trips, hiking, writing, yoga, painting, drawing, poetry, books, corsets, mid evil torture devices, long debates, friends, singing, headphones, vintage, photography, old movies.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

I've looked everywhere since I've been a little girl for someone to help me, and I'm hoping here I can find some answers.

I'm sure on this site there are a lot of people claiming to be sensitives or mediums. Probably have some big elaborate stories about seeing a figure next to their beds, or hearing bumping noises in the night.

Since I've been a little girl I've seen, heard, and felt things I couldn't explain. Not just in one or two places, but a vast majority of places I go.
My brother, who to a smaller extent has the same problems, if you would choose to call them that, was raised like me, which meant you didn't talk about it. And we never did.

But as I got older, more and more things happened that I can't explain away, some of things I just can't shake my head at and ignore.

When I was six I saw my deceased great grandfather standing behind my grandmother, her daughter. I described him perfectly, down to the cane he was holding and his height. I have never seen a picture of him before in my life. Ever. I didn't even know his name.
While at a old church/college a few towns over when I was four, my aunt caught me talking to what seemed to be thin air. I told her I was talking to a priest. She started lecturing me on the penalties of lying, when a nun walking by heard my teary eyed description and stopped my aunt, telling me there was in fact a priest fitting that description that passed away several years earlier, and where we were standing was one of his favorite places to come think.
I've seen things in my house. A young boy who I can describe down to the buttons on his jacket, who had a thick shadow falling over his eyes. A tall man walking from the front door up the stairs and back again. Feel a heavy stare coming from the bathroom corner, which I recently found out use to be the master bedroom of the house. Heard footsteps out my bedroom door at night. rustling and whispering in the corner of my room, I can't say how many nights I've spent on the couch, and how many of my friends have refused to stay in my room, even though most of them don't know about the things I've heard and seen.
I've been shoved in a graveyard after feeling uncomfortable and watched for several minutes.
Been overcome with intense emotions I can't explain away.
 Been so uncomfortable in people's houses because of things I felt that I was forced to leave, thinking of some lame excuse to tell the person on why I had to go. 

The only person I've ever talked to about it openly in my family is my mother, who still feels uncomfortable talking about, and my grandmother. My grandmother is full blood Irish, and very, very superstitious. She is convinced I am a full blown medium or sensitive.

I don't know what I am. I'm not claiming to be anything, but I would like some answers. I thought for years I was crazy, but I know now that's not it. I've searched most of my life for someone to help me, but have only MET one "medium." She was at a festival. Really typical hokey stand with a crystal ball. I was watching her because there was nothing better to do. She suddenly looked up from the middle of a reading, walked out of the stand, took my hand, and said I have "abilities". Shocked and embaressed from all the stares, I jerked away and left. I regreted it later, but she was never at that festival again.

How do you know if you are a sensitive, or a medium? Or that I'm just flat out crazy? And if I do have "abilities" what am I suppose to do with them?

I'm so tired of hiding this, and not knowing what to do with it, or how to control it.
Please, if you have any opinions, or know anyone who could help me, I'd appreciate it more then you could possibly know.
- Better to write for yourself and have no public, then to write for your public and have no self.

#2 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Hi Luna,

You'd be surprised how many people actually are at least sensitive to 'the other side'. Most are afraid to say anything for fear of being ridiculed. Paranormal phenomenon has been documented for many decades in many cultures, but for some reason it is still considered 'not normal'. You are normal. There are many wonderful mediums who have written about their experiences growing up sensitive and how they learned to deal with it. The show "Ghost Whisperer" was based on the true experiences of woman who is sensitive, like you.

I recommend you read books by Gavin Cromwell, Gordon Smith, and David Wells, for example, and how they learned to accept this ability and live with it. I am a sensitive, although I cannot see anyone 'from the other side' as you can. I have been taking courses for the last few years in mediumship, meditation, and psychic topics to meet like-minded people and learn that what is culturally considered 'abnormal' is actually the most normal thing. I hope that you can find someplace near you that can give you such courses. I also recommend that you tune into some great podcasts, like "Walking the path" on BlogTalkRadio, or "Ghost Chronicles" on Toginet. I also recommend "Darkness Radio", which interviews a great variety of people.

You are now where I was a few years ago. Sensing all sorts of stuff and frightened. I started to read about ghosts and paranormal phenomenon, and listening to the podcasts I mentioned above, as well as many more. The more you read and listen, the more you will understand, and it will take some of the fear away.

You don't necessarily have to 'do' anything with your abilities, although it would be good to learn how to live with them so that you're not so scared or upset or afraid that you've gone crazy. You just need to meet others who understand where you're coming from and know what you're dealing with. There are many paths one can take with mediumship abilities, or one can just live with them while working in a 'muggle' job.

Good luck!
Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#3 DkPhoenix

DkPhoenix

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hello Luna!
I would like to add as a follow up that I am also new to this site and can't even figure out how to update my profile information or my pic as I attempt to, I get an error message saying I am not allowed to do that and if I try contacting the administrator <via email in Outlook>, we don't have outlook. At any rate, you are not alone as Carlotta suggested. I have been in your several situations similar to what you have spoken of. There was a so called 'medium' brought to our home by the first paranormal group <of 2> investigated our home twice before. I am currently working with a bigger group and others online sending what evidence we do have to them in order for us to get answers. Long story short, the first group did not help... We are left behind to live on this property and suffer the waking of continual unexplained markings on us <Kevin with bruises and I with scratches that are so deep that they scar> and this morning, I woke up for the second time to being choked. I tried sitting up in bed but that did not help. It was as if someone, or something, was pushing off my airway; right in the middle of the base of my neck.

After I got out of the room, where all these events happen while we sleep, I was able to catch my breath and then and there is when I remembered that familiar taste...of something sweet and ashes. Sweet ashes, I suppose. Things have picked up and gotten worse since the first team of investigators, as I have mentioned and we have already placed two vials of holy water on either sides of the bed. This does NOT deter whatever is here as markings and incidents continue and I am sensing that if we move, it will follow due to it being tied to Kevin's dad ever since he returned from the Vietnam War. He did bring some artifacts and I have yet to ANY TRUE and HONEST luck in finding their heritage and am at a loss. I feel as if we are left to clean up the mess that first group did and I am sensing that most likely this piece of property is a portal. Long story with all this but just rest assured, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Sincerely,

DkPhoenix

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, support, medium, sensitive, ghost, paranormal, how, can, you, tell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users