strange little bird..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 XxGhostChildxX

XxGhostChildxX

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 01:17 PM

Ok I have a problem resently there has been a strange little bird hitting my window for the past month I heard before that somtimes when birds do this it could mean theres a ghost in your house,and there have been some strange happings around here...so I thought I would ask some experts what do you guys think? ???

#2 JeniSue21

JeniSue21

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:51 AM

the only thing I've ever heard about birds, it that if one flies in your window, or into your window, it means that someone is going to pass.   ???  

#3 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 07:50 AM

Birdie bifocals..jk I have heard the same as Jenisue.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

• Guests

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:31 PM

[glow=yellow,2,300]dude that happened to my aunt & uncle!!!...they were sitting in the living room of their house and then all of a sudden, a cardinal(u know...the bird) flew into their kitchen window and lay on the ground stunned. then after a little while the bird got up and flew away.as soon as it flew away they got a call from a family member telling them my grand fathers brother had passed away, the cardinal happened to be his favoriute bird...freaky eh?[/glow]

#5 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:58 PM

You must have some really clean windows! hehehe..just kidding...
Last year around my area, the city had put out poisoned bait for 'problem critters'. Some of the birds had gotten into it and was causing them to behave strangely or straight up die.
I've also heard about if a bird comes in the house via a window, a death is coming, However, if it flies in through a door, a birth is on the way...
Either way, its something I personally don't want to test out!
question for you..do you have curtains or shades or some type of window covering? Could it tell there is something in its flight path? Could this be a sick bird or a messenger?
Posted Image

#6 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:18 PM

My friend had a bird come down the fire place (no fire going) but she kept hearing the bird in the house.She tried to get it out but it just flew around the house hitting the walls and such. She knew if this kept on that the bird could get hurt or scared to death. So she got the broom out and went to the bird who was sitting in a corner. She started telling the bird if it got on the broom handle she could help it get outside. I want you all to know that when she stuck the handle up to the bird it hopp on and she took it to the door,open it and the bird flew away.... ;)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 June 2003 - 05:39 AM

i don't think in this part of the world, any bird comes into the house, and someone passes away! we have had lot of sparrows or other smalelr birds cmoning in, well, no bad news for us! :;)
Posted Image

#8 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 07:40 AM

I have heard if a bird hit's your window,or come's in somebody's going to die.That's probally a old wife's tale. ???

#9 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 04:58 AM

I agree with the masses, before my grandfather passed a bird flew into the window not just once but a couple times, also if a bird pecks on the glass i've heard that means death is forthcoming
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#10 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 10:39 AM

In folklore,a wild bird flying into the house brings important news esp.of death. swallows are death omens,as with any bird that flies or beats it wings against the window. Black birds like crows ravens and owls are the messengers of death.Espcially owls if they gather, caw or hoot around the house.In mythology birds are messengers to the gods, the souls of the dead and the carriers of the souls of the dead.
Birds appearing in dreams are said to represent spirits,angels and supernatural aids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users