getting in touch...not a good idea?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Life, death, love, cowboys, black and white photography, gravestone rubbings, cemetaries, good literature, music, fluffy stuff, sleep, night, and...love.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

i've been trying to get in contact with the...spirits? in my house for a few month. i'd sit quietly and kind of talk to myself and usually i'd get weird, creepy, scared, vibes. more recently, i got some more detailed instructions on getting in contact. they went through some steps for protection, mainly just mental stuff - imaging a sheild to keep out negative energy to keep you from getting scared so that nothing bad can feed off of that, etc. other than that it basically just said to sit in a dimly lit room, keep calm, relax, look around, close your eyes, and eventually you'll see something.

i've tried this new approach a handful of times, but only a few of them had results. the first time i had a result i was sitting in my sisters room at night - this was about a week ago. i had my sister doing it with me, but she was tired so honestly i think she was falling asleep. i had calmed down and i could feel the relaxtion (when i'm calm my breathing gets kinda weird, which is what i noticed). i had my eyes closed and it hadn't seemed that long before something touched my leg through the blanket gently. i thought it was just my sister bumping my by accident. it happened again, and then grew a little firmer and grabbed my leg. i thought it was my sister trying to freak me out, so i turned and hissed at her to stop it.

it was then i noticed that my sister was in fact asleep, and too far away to have touched me. i wasn't scared at all, but a little confused. i had stood up to go turn on the lights because i decided i'd had enough when i saw something long and black (that's the only way i know how to describe it) crawling on my sister's wall. i felt that i should be worried or scared, but i was still calm, although a little colder feeling than before. it was only there for a few seconds but it seemed longer...it was really weird...

anyways! after reading the post by our dear friend tim, i'm wondering if continueing this is a bad idea. ever since my first few encounters i've been interesting in contacting, possibly even talking, to whatevers in my house. but i havn't done much research and i don't know if it's a good idea or not. can these things hurt me? any links, advice, info, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

blackie

.: dun dun dun :.Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein achtich bin die Stimme aus dem Kissenich hab euch etwas mitgebrachthab es aus meiner Brust gerissenMit diesem Herz hab ich die Machtdie Augenlider zu erpressenich singe bis der Tag erwachtein heller Schein am FirmamentMein Herz brennt

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:23 PM

That entity was there before you tried to make contact and will remain there unless something changes.

This particular type of entity is often called a shadow person because they look like a shadow, but nothing's there to cast it. Some are good, some evil, and some have mood swings.

Most Villagers will tell you not to use a Ouija. I suggest trying to capture EVPs. I was able to actually hear the voice of my shadow person without any external tools. As you tune into this shadow person, maybe you will too.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Life, death, love, cowboys, black and white photography, gravestone rubbings, cemetaries, good literature, music, fluffy stuff, sleep, night, and...love.

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

okay...*takes notes* in all my experiences i've never actually heard anything, and i was rather excited of the prospect of actually talking with some of them...

.: dun dun dun :.Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein achtich bin die Stimme aus dem Kissenich hab euch etwas mitgebrachthab es aus meiner Brust gerissenMit diesem Herz hab ich die Machtdie Augenlider zu erpressenich singe bis der Tag erwachtein heller Schein am FirmamentMein Herz brennt

#4 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

(btw, i had no plans on using a ouji...they sound scary o.o)

#5 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

I've tried numerous way to contact spirits and have never had anything bad happen at all. I agree, they were already there - you don't cause them to be there by making contact.
Posted Image

#6 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:15 PM

Start a tape recorder and talk with them as if they could really answer. Be sure to pause between the questions. You may want someone else to listen to the tape to make sure it's not just your mind playing tricks on you.

#7 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

okay, sounds like a good idea. i'll have to go find a tape recorder....do you think i could use the built in microphone in my laptop?

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

external microphones are better; internal ones may pick up any moving parts / sounds from within the recorder. For computers, this could include the cooling fans or the hard disk spinning.

#9 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:36 PM

external microphones are better; internal ones may pick up any moving parts / sounds from within the recorder.  For computers, this could include the cooling fans or the hard disk spinning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could u please Whirly Dude explain in a little more depth about doing the taping lol im feeling a little stupid because i dont think i understood how to do it :redbounce:

#10 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:29 PM

We have a board dedicated to EVPs. They have a thread for asking basic questions.

EVP simply refers to weird noises (generally voices) caught on tape. It is the audio version of spiritography.

#11 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:51 PM

Let us know what you get. Be careful!
Posted Image

#12 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:12 PM

well, i don't have any external mics. i'll try it out with my laptop but i'm definately buying a mic soon...

#13 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:20 PM

Another thing you could try, until you get an external microphone, is asking general yes/no questions and have whomever you're trying to contact reply with a series of rapping noises. One rap for yes and two raps for no. Beforehand write out the questions you would like to have answered and keep that plus a pen handy for when you're ready to communicate so you can write the replies down :D
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#14 Black

Black

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:09 AM

mmk. i'm a little paranoid, but i was wanting to do this in a room where i'm not at very often, just because i don't like the idea of knowing that spirit/s were actually in my bed at one time or another...is this just kinda stupid?

#15 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

Not stupid at all Black, it's perfectly natural to want to have a spot that's "no spirits allowed". I think for the most part alot of folks who do communicate with spirits on a regular basis have an area in their homes or away from their homes that they go to just for the purpose of communication.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users