snow

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 moses_the_boxer

moses_the_boxer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:I love to hear about spirts and ghost.<br />crafts, going fishing, and just alot of outside stuff<br />

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:25 PM

:ghost: I have always wanted to live through another blizard. Well i'm getting my wish. It's comeing down good and supposed to till tomorrow at 7 am so far. So I guess i'll be in the house for awhile.

Yvonne

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

LOL!!!! Me too sweety, it's coming down big-time here and they're already anticipating school closings like today. My hubby had the scanner on and there are slide-offs everywhere...even a fender-bender in the parking lot of WalGreens. It's absolutely insane!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Grrrr.... We're supposed to get some of that as well. For us (6,000-9,000 ft) we're supposed to get about a foot... I hope not. My mom and I have to leave early tomorrow morning for a cardio appt. to schedule an angiogram and get my bp to stop spiking to 200/160 again. growl... did I mention that I hate snow. Not to mention that my parents keep the house freezing cause I guess natraul gas is really expensive for a 5200 sq ft house.... I'm just like don't look at me... I didn't have any say in the house buying!
Alexa
Love life.

#4 greenman

greenman

Creepy

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:orchids<br />paganism<br />gardening<br />ghosts<br />paranormal activity<br />reading <br />writing

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

I sympathize with you guys. I lived for six months in the winter of 1998 in the Niagara falls area and remember getting over 6 ft of lake effect snow in three weeks. Being from Florida that came as a major shock. :ghost: :D

I'm back in Florida now and don't miss it one bit.

(BTW the high tomorrow is forecast to be 84 with scattered showers, if anyone wants to come on down and de thaw at the Coconut Grove Art Ferstival this weekend, come on down. :hug2: )
"The circle is open but unbroken. Blessed Be"Posted Image Posted Image

#5 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:55 PM

Yep the snow is coming down here pretty well too. I was out in it a little while ago, because my furnace went out and I went to see if I could buy a space heater to help keep me warm. It was horrible, but I made it back okay. We have about 10 inches so far, and we expect to continue to get snow for the rest of the night.

I'm gong back to bed now and wrap up in blankets and try to keep warm. I have a friend who is supposed to come and look at my furnace tomorrow to see if he can fix it. I hope so because I can't afford to have someone come out and fix it.

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:37 AM

i like to just spread my comfortor out on the floor and lay out in the middle of the living room with all my blankes... i'm a blanket hordel i also steal the heating pad... feels good on the dislocating ribs and just feels good cause it's warm... awwwww.... warmth! plus one fuzzy kitty and our heating system is in the floor... awwww.
Love life.

#7 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:19 AM

Greenman, I'm heading to the airport once I dig out of my driveway.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#8 AngelRose

AngelRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

If it wasn't for the door to the carport, I would be trapped. The front door, and back door are glued shut. Snow is almost a foot so far in 24 hours. (Just below Erie Pennsylvania) We are getting all the lake affect snow. It's still coming down pretty good. The weather man says we will continue to get this snow all day. It will be stopped by tomorrow. (I hope).
In a little while, I'm going to let the kids go play in it. I know how they are, they will be out there for 10 minutes, then be back in the house. LOL
Anyway, if anybody has to go out in this, please be careful. It's pretty bad out. I don't want to hear of anybody having an accident.
Bless you all!
Posted Image

#9 moses_the_boxer

moses_the_boxer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:I love to hear about spirts and ghost.<br />crafts, going fishing, and just alot of outside stuff<br />

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:43 AM

Hello everyone

Here is some pics of the storm Feb, 14th.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like this I just love the snow. :Spaz:

Yvonne

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

Can someone send some snow my way? I am in a furnace here! :Spaz:

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#11 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:10 PM

Moonchild, I'll send you some snow, if you send me some heat....I'm freakin' freezing!

Here's a picture from my neck of the woods.

Posted Image

Awesome, isn't it...I managed to get some of the snow moved on the sidewalk, but what a chore!

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

That storm has been in the east since last night. We have gotten about 9 inches of snow, however, the last 4 hours it has been sleet. Being on the coast, we get the nor'easter winds off the ocean and all the ice on top of the snow makes it heavy.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#13 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

We are dying for some snow. Haven't had any this year so far. We were excited to finally get some today but we just had terrible coastel ice storms instead and I had a very important medical appt. for my six yr old son I had to keep (we had waited two months for the appt) so my husband and I had to travel an hour and a half to get there this morning. It was very icy and slippery and I was white knuckled there and back. I am so grateful to be safe at home now watching a movie with the kids all cozy.

Have fun in the snow folks. How about upstate NY? Crazy. Those poor people.

#14 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

~Here's what we're getting in LaPorte Indiana...and it's still coming along!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

~~I couldn't help myself...with these hot-flashes, this sure did feel good to do!!
Posted Image
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#15 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

~~I couldn't help myself...with these hot-flashes, this sure did feel good to do!!
Posted Image

Laurie Ann-
I was about to call you crazy... Then I saw the phrase "Hot Flases"... You needn't say more!
Before I knew that people with blood pressure regulation problems weren't supposed to get in hot tubs (any paramedics don't yell at me... I was an innocent newbie!) whenever I used to get out in the winter I used to lay in the snowbank (if there was one) before going in the house, but not to get not to get my non exsistent blood pressure back up but to get all the chemicals off of my sensitive skin. Now I know that's a big huge no-no... especially in a hot pink zebra string bikini(maybe I wouldn't have had to roll in the snow in the first place if I'd worn more in the hot tub? eh.)...

By the way... Raven and Laurie Ann... Did you know that your pics are showing a ton of paranormal orbs?! Just kidding....
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users