19 replies to this topic

#16 traveller

traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:history reincarnation and past lives givng a helping hand

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

~ What name(s) do you use to refer to God?
~ Does God has a gender? Is God a He or She or both or neither?
~ Is there a possiblity of the existence of multiple Gods?
~ Is there an entity as God? Or more like an energy field?
~ Have you had any personal experiences with what you would call God?

i just say 'god'

for me, a father figure comforts so i guess a he

dont know and not thought on it befor now

i think theres a entity

ive had a bad time and when it gets real bad somtimes something real good happens out of the blue that makes me think im being looked out for by something bigger then me i get surprised by it somtimes but i dont give up

#17 Shadowperson

Shadowperson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:13 AM

Yahweh because from the bible and Hebrew and all that, it's his name. "I am". But, I honestly question the standard Christian texts I was raised upon. (We were a Lutheran denomination that wanted to be outright Christian if anyone here can understand that) all the time. Especially with all the unreleased books of the bible, dead sea scrolls and what not. Apprently Yahweh fought giants and Jesus gave Zeus a Texas piledriver straight into hell. Now, if Bible study was full of stories like these, I'd of paid attention.

I used to ponder this and honestly thought that Yehweh should be a women since He/She gave birth to the world.

There's truth to all religions if you looks deep enough....So maybe.

I want to say a giant mass of energy if He/She has no sex. But there just may be a throne and someone just may be sitting on it.

Maybe. I used to be a special kinda cat when I was young. I should be dead from all the stupid things I used to do. No, not drugs or booze....Backyard wrestling, an overactive imagination and things you would all laugh at me for if I told you.
Posted Image

#18 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

All right, we all "believes" in some power out there, which is referred to as God. I thought we could have an informative discussion in this?

Here are a few points which can get us started!

:drink2: I shall post my stance later on.

1. God.
2. Possesses no gender
3. Maybe
4. If there is, it is not what humans can comprehend (see Xenophanes)
5. Prayer

#19 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

I refer to God, as God.

I was brought up to believe God was a HE, so I refer to him as HE. I now know that the energy I call God is ALL. He is all living forms. We can name he/she it but I am sure there are some names and forms that we know not and cannot..until one day we are released from this physical body and are again one with our creator. We as physical beings are the ones who put definition onto everything, even God, our Creator.

There is but one God. There is the Son and the Holy Spirit but they are not God, they are a part of God, made from God's energy or source and are made from a deeper/closer/purer energy than we have been made up of.

God is ALL, God is pure energy, light, he is the ALL, that we are created by, what we are made up of. God is the source of our being. We are limitless but we are limited by our way of thinking.

God can be anything and everything at once.

I have had experiences.....

These words were once given to me, but not by the spoken word. It is just a small part of a larger experience.

The first words were;

I AM the I AM of who you are, I AM ALL - ENERGY. I AM your ALL, what you are made up of. One small tear makes a river, you are limitless. I AM the source of your being, heed me well...

and later;

I am the light that shines inside of you. Your essence, your inner light. Some would call me the Holy Spirit but that is not what I am called. I am a mere fraction of light of the "Ultimate Light" of the Creator, the Atom, the Seed that you were created by.

One was God and the other was the Holy Spirit. This is just a fraction of what was revealed to me.

Humbly,

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#20 Pete LeBrun

Pete LeBrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I plan on studying it at school in the fall. I also like writing bike riding, reading, and hanging out with friends. My favorite holiday is Halloween ad my favorite season is fall.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

I am Chrstian/Spiritist/Methodist/ and go by what the Bible says so I view him as he is usually portrayed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users