Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Ouija Board Vs. Pendulum

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

Which is safer, pendulum or Ouija board?
What candle, incense, etc. scents do ghosts prefer? ie. lavender, rose?
Are rechargeable batteries as good as regular?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:11 PM

nothing is safe, unless we take steps to make it. afterall we are contacting the unknown.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#3 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:15 PM

So in other words, don't be stupid and use common sense.

#4 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:49 PM

MOON does have a very good point. You are walking into something with your eyes closed.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:01 PM

The Quija Board and the Pendulum are both safe in my opinion, the Pendulum is just a tool to access or talk to your subconscious mind, while the Quija Board is just a simple board game. :)
-Chris-

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

I have used both and have had good results with both. There is nothing to be afraid of unless stupidity comes into play. When you open the door with the oiuja board, you have to close it when you are done. I have never seen first hand, any ill effects of either.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:35 PM

Okay...call me sheltered, but I don't know what a pendulum is (except the kind in a clock). Can someone explain this to me?? That'd be great. Thanks!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

A pendulum is a cord or rope with a weight tied to the end. When using a pendulum, you hold the cord as still as possible then establish responses. You need something for yes, no, and I don't know. You can either dictate these reactions out loud, or ask some known questions and note how the pendulum reacts.

The most basic movements are:
* clockwise circle
* counter clockwise circle
* side to side swinging
* front to back swinging

As you progress, the pendulum may indicate numbers or letters.

I must warn you not to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:50 PM

Interesting... by no means does it make me uncomfortable, its just a new concept to me.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#10 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:39 PM

A pendulum is a device for communicating with our sub-conscious. A pendulum is simple to make and easy to use. All you need is a length of chain or string 6" to 9" long. Attach a small weight to the chain or string.

A Pendulum looks like this, for example here is a picture of my Pendulum:

Chris's Pendulum
Posted Image

The true usefulness of a pendulum is limited only by the mind of the user. Most people use their pendulums in a variety of ways, such as:

Is this a good food for me?
Do I need to take this supplement?
Am I allergic to shellfish?
What dosage of Vitamin do I need?
Is this a happy form of exercise for me?
Where are my lost glasses?
Do I need to see a doctor for this condition?
Will I prefer movie A or movie B?
Is it in my highest and best good to take this job offer?

Your pendulum can only tell you a "YES" or a "NO" because there is a limited number of movements possible-- ie, forward and back, left to right, circle to the right, circle to the left, etc... It is best to let the Subconscious select its own movements for the code. It also reduces Conscious interference and indicates to the Conscious that the Subconscious does think and reason.

Angelinayorke, for more info on how to use the Pendulum/Talking to your Subconscious Mind, you can see my post here, as I have covered it all.

http://www.ghostvill...opic=5590&st=15
-Chris-

#11 mindful

mindful

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:09 PM

I've never used a pendulum, but have used a Ouija board for years, with results that were both frightening (resulting in a hiatus from board usage lasting several years) and enlightening (past several years, channeling our Guides).

I think the advice posted earlier, of making sure to "psychically close" the board after use, is excellent.

I also find results with the Ouija draw to some extent on the collective energies of all the people present. Perhaps our own energies create a vortex that attracts similar energies, enabling them to come through. It's good practice to burn incense, meditate, say a prayer or invocation and invite in positive energies.

Never did any of the above when I first started using the board, treating it as sort of a giggly, creepy parlour game. Attracted some strange messages purporting to be from entities named "Roger," "Victoria" and "Paul" (Victoria's husband). Victoria and Paul dictated a whole history, claiming to be spirits from the African-American community living around Evanston, IL in the late 1800s and practicing some form of animist magic. Victoria directed my housemate and me to plant white roses in our backyard, as a "talisman." We did, and despite our care the rose bushes promptly withered. Some time in mid-October, when our gardening venture had thoroughly dried up, we were out in the backyard in the evening, remarking what a failure the roses had been. We had communicated earlier with "Roger," who had directed us to go outside and "look for a sign" that he/they were with us. We found nothing of note, and went back inside. The following morning my housemate left a note on the windshield of my car [she left for work much earlier than I did] saying GO LOOK AT THE ROSES -- and when I did, on one of those stunted withered bushes there it was: one perfect white rose blooming. It hadn't been there the night before.

One other peculiar footnote. We never were able to understand Victoria's obsession with roses, especially white ones, or exactly how/why they were 'talismen.' But when I mentioned it to a colleague who was something of a local history buff, a puzzled look stole over his face as he told me, "Evanston, IL in the 1890's was known as the Rose Capital of the U.S. There were lots of greenhouses there at that time, specializing in roses."

#12 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:54 PM

Hey,

I'd Say that if it was your first time useing a Ouija Bored or Pendulum Id Probley Use A Pendulum. But experiment with both. For I just think Pendulums are eyesyer and MUTCH faster!

But Remember it will never be the best on the first time.

Hope that helped
Meghan

Posted Image

#13 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:10 PM

I'd Say that if it was your first time useing a Ouija Bored or Pendulum Id Probley Use A Pendulum. But experiment with both. For I just think Pendulums are eyesyer and MUTCH faster!

I agree.
-Chris-

#14 mindful

mindful

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:17 PM

I've never used a pendulum although I regulary communicate with my Guides via the board. Nothing frightening, and they've given us great direction.

But you've piqued my curiosity ...

I'll improvise a pendulum and play around with it, checking to see whether the pendulum's responses are consistent with that of the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users