• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer81

Wanderer81

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

I'm new to Oklahoma, recently from northern arizona. Are there any places in OK that are worth checking out for an EVP, or photography?

#2 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

Here are a few sites that seem worthwhile *no personal expirience never been out that way sorry!*

http://www.prairiegh...om/hauntok.html

http://theshadowland...es/oklahoma.htm
*not always the most reliable source but a start*

http://www.ghouli.com/

http://www.legendsof...eGhosts-OK.html

Hope these are a helpful place for you to start!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#3 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

I was in Guthrie Oklahoma recently and heard about the Stone Lion Inn. Guthrie is a charming old town and I have put this Inn on my list of places to visit.

The mischievous Houghton children used to sneak up to the third floor playroom after their parents went to sleep between 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM to play with the toys in the toy box built into the storage closet. One of the 12 Houghton children, little Augusta, an 8 year old girl, died when the maid gave her the wrong medication to combat the child's whooping cough.

During the years that the mansion housed a funeral home (NEVER a good thing in my opinion) and then another boarding house, perhaps an entity or two decided that they weren't ready to go to the other side and decided to stay behind to "help" the living and hang around to enjoy the ambiance of an upscale inn, not to mention enjoying the murder mystery show events sponsored by the inn, or being an unseen guest of any of the weddings and receptions which are also held in the mansion.

http://www.hauntedho...s/ok/house4.htm

Posted Image
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

Was looking around here on Ghost Village to find out about the Stone Lion Inn - as we are staying there this Friday night. We're going for a Murder Mystery Dinner, but have a feeling if things go as hoped, after the dinner will be more interesting. Have to figure out a way to be more open to experiences in case the ghosts are out and about there. We shall see . . . :wow:

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#5 GHOST Amanda

GHOST Amanda

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, OAKLAND RAIDERS!!!, Pirates! (may 25th POTC 3)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:08 AM

Hello! I am from Oklahoma, Co-founder of Ghost Hunters Of South Tulsa. There are several places here worth checking out. Feel free to email me or IM me on AIM bgirlraiderette If you have it. If you are interested, we are looking for a few more members to join us on investigations!

~Amanda~

#6 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the supernatural, hauntings and places in Oklahoma

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:37 AM

Has anyone here ever heard of the Purple Church? I think it is around Ada, near the reservation, but according to legend, no one ever remembers how to get there, although they kind of remember being there. One guy did find it, took photos and I guess had an experience. He posted a site about it, if you type in Purple Church and search. Anyone out there know more about the story behind it?
Posted Image

#7 TOOLkid

TOOLkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

i have heard of the purple church and i know where the location is, might actually be going out there this friday night with a few friends, if anyone is interested in possibly coming along that would be great just message back and let me know

#8 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the supernatural, hauntings and places in Oklahoma

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

Dude! I would love to go, but can't. That would be so awesome! I checked out the pictures on that one web site from researchwebcam.com something or other and I found it to be rather lame. They never really tell much about the legends behind the places. Would you please post your results as soon as you get them. I am very interested in this place. I have always heard about it, but no one could ever find it after being there. Maybe they were blonder than me. Joke...
Any info on it would be great! :hug:
Posted Image

#9 TOOLkid

TOOLkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:55 PM

well it seems like things are falling apart for me, i am having trouble getting my friends to confirm for friday so i am not so certain i will have anything happen but hopefully i will know something for sure tomorrow night, if i can't get it together with my friends for friday night anyone willing to be up for a trip saturday to this place?

#10 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:14 PM

I would if I could. I am stuck at home with 2 kids, 11 and 13, who almost climb the wall if I mention the purple church. But, there is a guy in Norman who is a member here. I hope they don't get mad at me for doing this, but his name here is DRSIVANA99. You might be able to get hold of him through his email address. If you want to converse with me, go ahead and email me.
Posted Image

#11 TOOLkid

TOOLkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

well i still haven't made it to the purple church, so far all my friends seem to back out at the last minute, anyone been to kitchen lake bridge? if so what was it like? i am thinking about making the trip out to it tonight but i want it to be worth the drive, my friend said he was there and some weird stuff happened but he also admitted he was drunk so that kinda ruins me believing what he said happened

#12 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:11 AM

Hey, TOOLkid! Too bad about the purple church. I was really hoping to hear more about it. I was thinking about getting out to Kitchen Lake, being it is a little closer to home. What have you heard about it?
Posted Image

#13 Tigger

Tigger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:34 AM

I live in Oklahoma and heard of a few places. Muskogee seems to have it's fair share of haunts in the old historic district there as well as Bacone College that is located there. Then there's Lake Tenkiller was has a town under its waters. Reports there go from feeling hands touching and tugging on people who swim in an area where the old cemtery of that town is supposdly located. There's a few old Indian Cemteries where "things" have been seen at, from invisible horses running through one to seeing shapeshifters.

#14 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

When I was little, we lived on the Bacone Campus and there was definitely something (or somethings) going on around there. You could feel it.

Also - a little further afield - in Park Hill (just outside Tahlequah), the Cherokee Heritage Center's museum is definitely haunted. You can hear a piano playing - even though there isn't one there. Also, if you're in the basement or away from the main gallery space, you can hear footsteps running around that area - even if you're the only person there. The ponies are also taken care of in part by Little People (they braid the entire mane in tiny little braids during the night, among other things).

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#15 TOOLkid

TOOLkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hey, TOOLkid! Too bad about the purple church. I was really hoping to hear more about it. I was thinking about getting out to Kitchen Lake, being it is a little closer to home. What have you heard about it?

Well my friend said he went out around where the kitchen lake bridge is and there was a dog in the road just sitting there growling, and supposedly its eyes were glowing, so they turned off their lights and the dogs eyes were still glowing, then all of a sudden the dog looked behind their car and started to yelp and then ran off, he told me they were too scared to go further down the road so they turned around and left

but anyways i also tried finding th purple church today, went to the area everyone keeps saying it is in and i went through some of the woods and never found it, although i came back home afterwards and looked at the pics of it and i think i was actually closer to it than i thought and probally should have kept going, the area i was in looked very similar to the area in the pictures so hopefully i will find it eventually or someone can give me a exact location of where it is in these woods, aslo it was very freaky on the walk to the woods shotguns shells were laid all over the gravel road

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users