Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Something positive that happened today...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

It seems that 2007 is starting out rough for a many people that I know so I've decided to start a thread focused on positive things that have either happened today or that are going on in your life right now.
I'll go first...
Looks like I will beat the March 1,2007 deadline for last semester's work... That means that after I get the credits for semester 2 I'll only have 3 credits left to get before I can graduate! And with the exception of one class that I HAVE to take (economics) I get to choose the other 5 classes when I go back to school after surgery most likely in 2008. That means that I'll get to walk to get my diploma afterall (even if it does mean that I'm graduating with the current Junior class... In the grand scheme of things is that really a huge deal?)!

So now it is your turn... It can be something that you think as of lame or it can be news that will blow us all away. Let's focus this thread in the positive that is going on in all of our lives (even though it is sometimes really hard to find the good when so mauch bad is going on...)

Edited by stellakitty, 22 February 2007 - 03:39 PM.

Love life.

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

A Colossal squid was found! :ghost:

#3 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

A Colossal squid was found! :ghost:

Grim I enjoy reading (most of) your posts... Majority of the time you make me laugh (not that that is a hard feat but still... Laughter is the best medicine!). Ha!
Love life.

#4 Charlotte

Charlotte

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

How about this one...

We lost our fur-son in January (always a bad month for us :( ), but we are getting money back for our taxes? :)

Blessed Be,
Charlotte :ghost:
CharlotteI have learned that being with those I love is enough!

#5 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

How about this one...

We lost our fur-son in January (always a bad month for us :( ), but we are getting money back for our taxes? :lol:

Blessed Be,
Charlotte :kitty:

Awww... I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your fur-son... Will you be getting another one?
Hey getting money back on taxes is always a treat (I think)!
Love life.

#6 Charlotte

Charlotte

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

Yeah (about the taxes)! We bought a new home & we are planning on using the $$ for gutters & fences to block trash from the street - the thing about West Texas - When it rains, it RAINS & the wind blows every stinkin' day (supposed to be 55 mph on Sat!). :(

2 weeks after we lost Tom, we got Minnie. She is a black little bit of a thing. He weighed 23 lb, she weighs 8 lb!!

Maybe this should be in the vent part - I HATE JANUARY! :lol: It is supposed to be a time to renew, but we have lost Tom, my grandmother, and I had a miscarriage. The anniversaries of these are all in one week, but they were spread over a few years.

Blessed Be,
Charlotte :kitty:
CharlotteI have learned that being with those I love is enough!

#7 EvilDoll

EvilDoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Tropical fish keeping and ghosts!!

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:29 PM

:kitty: I will finally be getting lonnnnnggggggg overdue DSL service!!! YAY!! :lol:
Posted Image

#8 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

A Colossal squid was found! :kitty:

Grim I enjoy reading (most of) your posts... Majority of the time you make me laugh (not that that is a hard feat but still... Laughter is the best medicine!). Ha!

:lol:

Most of my posts? :(

#9 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Great idea Stella Kitty!

My little boy was very sick at the beginning of the week. He has phnuemonia. I was scared because he has breathing problems to begin with.

Today he is feeling so much better. The antibiotics kicked in. He is eating, no fever and is back to being a spaz! I am sooooooooo happy about that!

#10 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

Absolutely great thread, Stellakitty. We spend so much time focusing on the negative and not enough on the positive in our lives.

Anyway, as many of you may know by reading my post on the subject at the beginning of January, my 8 year relationship ended at the beginning of the New Year. It was something that was inevitable, so it is really not a surprise. As of two weeks ago, she finally got all of her things out and is no longer living here. That, in and of itself is a good thing, considering how difficult it was before she moved, not that we were fighting or anything, it was just difficult living with her knowing that the relationship was gone.

Now for the really good part! It seems that a dear, sweet friend, who has been my rock, my foundation throughout this whole process, has become something more than just a friend. I have mentioned Hedley in a few previous posts. It seems the romatic sparks are flying and I have never been happier. He is flying in for a visit in May. He will be here May 8th through May 17th, so almost 9 whole days, and I can't wait. Only 75 more days! I have so much to do before now and then!

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

A Colossal squid was found! :kitty:

:lol:

Most of my posts? :(

Hey! don't push your luck!! It's hard to get that much of a complement out of me...
Love life.

#12 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

Charlotte...
I'm glad to hear that you got another fur child... And congrats on the new home!!
Sorry to hear that 2007 has been giving you a rough go of things as well...

Cmraposa...
I'm glad to hear that your little boy is getting better! That must make you breathe a sigh of relief...

Raven...
It must have been kinda hard to have your partner move everything out (makes it real), but it sounds like life is moving forward! You must show us a picture of this new love interest and you!
Love life.

#13 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

More positive news please... anything you can think of!
Love life.

#14 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:59 AM

I have wonderfully positive news today! I was re-united with one of my very best friends from high school today. I found her profile on classmates, and decided to write her, and she wrote me back...apparently she has missed me as much as I have missed her. We have not had any contact for over 20 years. I think her daugher was 2 when I saw her last, and said daughter is now 23 and is a mother herself. It was so nice to hear from her again, and I do not plan to lose contact again!

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,357 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:05 AM

:hug:

For me everyday is a good day! Most of you know some of the hardships and setbacks I faced for the past 4 years, but life, since November last, has decided to bless me with the best of things. A decent job, better business deals, reconnecting with my friends, helping myself to be more of what I am, and above all, meeting and being with the lady of my life. Yeah, it is all a blessing, and I am enjoying it all.

The best thing that happened to me today? hmmmmm de-stressed myself from work pressure when I spend time with my sweetie over phone. She is always been my strength and a reason. :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users