2 replies to this topic

#1 gaz chandler

gaz chandler

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi All
im wondering if there are many others out there that feel the way i do
i have spent many years attending some of the uks ghost hunting event companies and to be honest felt like they where only doing it for the money. i point out that i paid £65 for each ticket to attend this ghost hunt and well was not happy with the out come i spent the night walking round in the dark didnt get to try or use any ghost hunting equipment but i did get to use a red light under my face to where the host said can you see the spirt come out. i walked away thinking to my self that there has to be a better idea out there so after month of work i am now working on a new site where people will be able to attend real 100% ghost hunts use all types of equipment and receive copies of all cctv that is recored on the night and evp recoreding where they will get to analise it all to see if any think paranormal turns up

my web site is www.spooksevents.co.uk have a look let me know that you think (still under work)
thanks gaz

so for all you real ghost hunters out there tell us that you think to this up coming ghost hunting site

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Welcome to GV, Gaz. I've been to a few paranormal events over the last few years, most notably a conference at the Ohio State Reformatory. I have had good experiences for the most part. At most of these, we weren't able to use other's equipment, but supplied our own. A lot of the people here will tell you that you don't need a lot of equipment - I only have my camera. I've gotten some interesting photos, too, btw. A lot of events here, at least the smaller ones, charge just enough money to cover expenses and to help raise funds for the venues' restoration efforts.

I did check out your website, and while I didn't have a lot of time to spend checking it out, it looks great. I hope that you'll have a lot of success!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Aaah... Enlightenment! You see the truth!

I have been doing research for over 35 years and the ONLY actual evidence worthy of analysis has come from private investigations or those conducted apart from the public locations. Not to say you couldn't obtain something at these locations, but certainly NOT when you put a bunch of people in there all trying to see the entire place.

Evidence is obtained by using a systematic approach, not controlled by a "clock:". (You've heard it... We will spend an hour then switch locations so everyone gets a chance to investigate.) That's not investigating.

Group locations, pay to play events, etc. are SOCIAL events, not serious research. They have their place, certainly. I have even gone on quite a few just for fun. But serious research? Won't happen under those conditions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users