Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Post counter

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

I'm wondering why my counter showing how many posts you've made doesn't move with every post. It will maybe jump one number for every 4 or 5 posts.

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

Please read the FAQ:

Question What does RTFM stand for?

Answer Read the Freaking Manual. Many of your questions may already be answered either in this general FAQ or the FAQ posted in each forum. If your question isn't addressed in the FAQ, read the other posts in Technical Support or whichever board is most pertinent to your problem (Search is your friend). After that bit of research, feel free to start a new thread.

(snip)

Question I've made posts, but the number next to my name doesn't increase. Is this a bug?

Answer It was decided that posts in the Suburbs (Real Life, Boiling Point, and Fun 'n' Games) won't count towards ranks.

Edited by aloha_spirit, 19 August 2006 - 08:08 PM.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

Thanks.....I think......(still feeling the sting from being hit with the RTRM strap)

#4 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

I can understand about 'Fun and Games' & 'Boiling Point'.
Although, why 'Real Life'. Even in the forum your helping people, arnt you?

:)

Posted Image

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

I can understand about 'Fun and Games' & 'Boiling Point'.
Although, why 'Real Life'. Even in the forum your helping people, arnt you?

;)

While we encourage participation in all areas of the web site and message boards, we want to remember that GV is a paranormal site. The reason we are here is to encourage discussion about the paranormal.

It's not that those posts aren't helpful, it's just that threads in the suburbs rarely are paranormal in nature. The thread I quoted Mrs Spooky Pants from was open for all Villagers to discuss this issue back in January. 57% of the people in the poll said not to count posts in th suburbs in determing rank.

#6 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:27 AM

i have noticed that my post count has stayed the same even though i have posted some posts - even in the paranormals sections, and its still stayed the same number, whats wrong?
Posted Image

#7 Guest_mrsspookypants_*

Guest_mrsspookypants_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

Posts will only count in the boards in Town Square or in Evidence Alley. So any post in the Real Life Board, Boiling Point, Fun N Games, and even this Tech Support boards will not count.

Ratgirl.....20 out of the last 25 of your posts were in this "suburbs" section. So that may be why you feel that you post counter is not moving. But I checked all the settings and everything looks fine.

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:07 AM

~Please don't take this as being a smart-ellick question...but why is there such a concern on the post counter? I understand it means you work your way up from a newbie to a senior villager (or whatever the title is, not sure )...but personally, I never paid attention to my counter. I just reply to pictures and try to help those who need it. I'm sure someone else may have asked this question, so I'll go look it up and see. I was just curious... :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:21 AM

Laurie Ann,

A senior villager doesn't necessarily know more about the paranormal than a newbie, but such titles give incentive to participate. Besides, it'd look kind of funny if the only Villagers with titles were those tagged by the Ghost.

#10 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

~Please don't take this as being a smart-ellick question...but why is there such a concern on the post counter? I understand it means you work your way up from a newbie to a senior villager (or whatever the title is, not sure )...but personally, I never paid attention to my counter. I just reply to pictures and try to help those who need it. I'm sure someone else may have asked this question, so I'll go look it up and see. I was just curious... :Spaz:

Hey punkin, wanna race? First one to 3778 posts wins :clap: On your mark....

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#11 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

Laurie Ann,

A senior villager doesn't necessarily know more about the paranormal than a newbie, but such titles give incentive to participate. Besides, it'd look kind of funny if the only Villagers with titles were those tagged by the Ghost.

~very true aloha spirit...that would look funny and I can understand the incentive part, thank you for answering my question. Now I'm off to a race I've been challenged to...thank you again! :Spaz:

~Please don't take this as being a smart-ellick question...but why is there such a concern on the post counter? I understand it means you work your way up from a newbie to a senior villager (or whatever the title is, not sure )...but personally, I never paid attention to my counter. I just reply to pictures and try to help those who need it. I'm sure someone else may have asked this question, so I'll go look it up and see. I was just curious... :Spaz:

Hey punkin, wanna race? First one to 3778 posts wins :clap: On your mark....

~Wait...I didn't hear the gun go...haa haa haa gotcha...where'd you go??? Oh now that's not fair...wait...I'm catchin' up!!! :Spaz: :hug: :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#12 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

Why does it continue to say that I have 51 posts though I have posted more than that?
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

The posts that we make in the Village Suburbs (Real Life Board, Fun n Games Board, Technical Support Board and Boiling Point Board) are not added to the total post count. That is why.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#14 kithrox

kithrox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Aside from the obvious, I love my dogs, shopping, fashion, drawing watching movies and TV, music, concerts, sand volleyball, playing board games and guitar hero<br /><br />I've been into the paranormal since I was about 5. Since then I have been reading and watching anything regarding the paranormal, especially ghosts.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

ahhhh....thanks.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?Just because you're paranoidDon't mean they're not after you!

#15 jenillumine

jenillumine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Of loving heart~ Finding my way thru the unity in the multiverse.<br /><br />Constant student of new idea's and thinking outside the box.<br />Medium in potential~ Good listener/Friend and intuitive.<br />

Posted 10 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

My post count seems to be stuck at 29 posts?
When I have posted more.

Is there a reason why it isn't showing a current
count of total posts?
Jennifer
Posted Image"Better to ~illuminate~ than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate." -Saint Thomas Aquinas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users