210 replies to this topic

#181 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

Enjoy some of that fabulous cake!

We did have a big fire in the fire pit - not quite a bonfire, but fun. 

Sounds like fun. Were there a lot of people?

GOD is Good

#182 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

warm stupid weather

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#183 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

Axl - nope - just immediate family. But it would be really fun to have the whole crew around.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#184 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Axl - nope - just immediate family. But it would be really fun to have the whole crew around.

way back when we were Asian Girls Posse in high school we didn't have a bonfire but a BBQ on a cold night at jenjen's backyard in Canada. Gosh, those were happy times for me in your part of the world (Canada/ USA)

GOD is Good

#185 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

way back when we were Asian Girls Posse in high school we didn't have a bonfire but a BBQ on a cold night at jenjen's backyard in Canada. Gosh, those were happy times for me in your part of the world (Canada/ USA)

That... Sounds like a lot of fun. Need to get the house/yard cleaned and fixed up before we can do anything like that.

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGagzEKCoPLbla5DdimF62A

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#186 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

hope the monsoon season starts soon, cane bear summer heat!

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#187 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Oh - hope you get relief soon!

#188 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:44 PM

That... Sounds like a lot of fun. Need to get the house/yard cleaned and fixed up before we can do anything like that.

omG, Nacho speaking of yard cleaning when I was in Canada. We would do that around the Victoria Day Long Weekend. Named after Queen Victoria. That long weekend is the unofficial first day of summer. I'm one of the tenants in Jenjen's house and I every year her parents would have us clean the yard after another winter. We'd lay down topsoil, add grass seed, then rake. Then me, Jenjen, and sometimes her big bro will sit out in the front and back yard hosing it down with the garden hose. 

This is the most fun because our friends (of course our Asian Girls Posse gang included) from the High School would see us there, hang out. Jenjen's mom would see our friends and invite them in for some Filipino food. They'd come out of the house with food, eat, while chatting as we water the lawn. I'm sure we were quite a sight for the neighbors: a bunch of teens eating from paper plates on the front lawn. Eating, high fiving, then leaving, until it's only me hosing the lawn as Jenjen socializes on the cel.

I'm remembering this now as if it's last weekend...Am I reaching some sort of phase in my life? Am I getting OLD????

GOD is Good

#189 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Not old yet - but I do remember all the fun adventures you all used to have together. AGP!

#190 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:28 PM

Not old yet - but I do remember all the fun adventures you all used to have together. AGP!

We are all still in touch through the social media. I know they still get together once in a while every year. It's just me and jenjen who have gone away. Actually, I never thought jenjen would ever be away from Canada for as long as she has. She was the one who pretty much grew up there.

The last time I was with some of the Asian Girls Posse was when some of them attended my wedding over 5 years ago. There are talks of a reunion. Appropriately, we are thinking of having it in jenjen's house because that was our hang out central.

Autumnbelle, did the years go as fast for you? I mean with your high school friends? You know what I mean, right?

GOD is Good

#191 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

When I joined GV it was pretty much the tail end of our Asian Girls Posse.High School Graduation was nearing.Had I joined Ghost Village earlier you would have been witness to more dramatics. lol.

Just being associated with jenjen involved me in all kinds of drama. Since I lived at her place she would pretty much bring me along with her wherever she went so I experienced all sorts and met lots of people.

GOD is Good

#192 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

Autumnbelle, did the years go as fast for you? I mean with your high school friends? You know what I mean, right?

In all senses of years going by fast . . . high school itself and the years since. One thing I have learned is I don't feel much older than that high school kid I used to be. Older generations tried to explain that to me, but it did not make sense to me until I started getting a decade or so beyond being a teenager. Especially when I am around the friends I have had forever or family. The other thing I have learned is try not to put off reunions if you can make them work at all. I know it involves a lot of travel for some of your group or you, but at the very least, keep in touch with technology. 'We'll get together someday' only lasts so long (not to be grim - but I have had to attend a few more funerals in recent years).

#193 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:53 PM

In all senses of years going by fast . . . high school itself and the years since. One thing I have learned is I don't feel much older than that high school kid I used to be. Older generations tried to explain that to me, but it did not make sense to me until I started getting a decade or so beyond being a teenager. Especially when I am around the friends I have had forever or family. The other thing I have learned is try not to put off reunions if you can make them work at all. I know it involves a lot of travel for some of your group or you, but at the very least, keep in touch with technology. 'We'll get together someday' only lasts so long (not to be grim - but I have had to attend a few more funerals in recent years).

Autumnbelle when you wrote how don't feel much older than when you were in high school, I relate. For me, I am still the same person, but after some life experiences, married now for a few years, a bit shook and stirred in life.I am the same person but a lot more wiser and mature.

A reunion does sound good.

In the old days, jenjen would plan out the AGP agenda for us: 'okay AGP here's the event / party/ let's have a good time while we are still young'.

jenjen would always rally us before every nightclub/ party and the AGP would cheer something like we are the best looking and we're bringing sexy back and everyone in this nightclub/ party will want to be as sexy as us.

It was all for fun (for us).

It was an attitude we'd take in whatever event we'd get into. 

Really understand because at that time, among ourselves we are still immigrants in a different country

I

Edited by axlfoley, 31 May 2019 - 10:56 PM.

GOD is Good

#194 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:58 AM

Definitely have to tone down some of the excitement, but please keep the positive attitude. You can take on the world! And your posse will always stay bonded.

#195 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:10 PM

This. I've bumped into a couple of people I went to school with at my job, and holy. Moly. I kind of miss them. But its still kind of interesting to see the kids at work going through HS now, and see how they develop.

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGagzEKCoPLbla5DdimF62A

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users