Looxcie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Hi,

I just read an article about the Looxcie (http://looxcie.com/device). Has anyone used it before? Wouldn't it be cool if members wore them on investigations? Then when something is experienced, each person's video can be downloaded and compared. It can work with a smartphone to gather sound to go with the images.

It's specifications don't mention night vision, so perhaps it's only good for day investigations. It would be cool if it could do infra-red filming, which would work at night.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

I think it's a good idea, however you made the point that it doesn't specify night vision... I think to make this a useful tool, it would need to record in both day and night...

Just my 2 cents...

Joven
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

To me night vision is not a big deal. I avoid night investigations unless circumstances dictate it. The idea of handicapping yourself by darkness just makes no sense to me. If there is anything there day or night seems to make little difference. Unless you are just going for the "spook factor".

However I wonder how much it impairs your hearing in the ear it is attached to? Even if it picks up the sound hearing direction / depth requires both ears to obtain proper perception. I would be more in favor if it used a headband or such that allowed one to wear it above e the forehead.

Also, rather than a phone app, how about a portable recorder, even if one wore it as a separate item on the belt? That would eliminate the distraction of having to have a phone turned on while investigating.

In summary, while I can see certain advantages I probably would not buy one for investigating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users