Guess what?  It's snowing...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CatzMeow007

CatzMeow007

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 12:18 PM

It was New Years Eve.  We were moving into 2000.  My uncle had built me one of those shelves that you put near the ceiling to put all your breakables on.  This house was built for my great-grandmother, and her daughter, my grandmother, died here a few months before that.  I had a lot of prcelain dolls, and being a bit of a night owl, decided to start putting them on the shelf.  I had to stand on a chair to get to it, and my sister decided to mess with me some.  She lives nextdoor.  Every few minutes she would come and open my door a little bit then slam it and run back into the kitchen were my mom was.  This went on for about 20 minutes and I got tired of it.  I jumped off my chair and ran into the kitchen, yelling "JOY!  CUT IT OUT!"  My mom said "What are you yelling about?"  Turns out, my sister had gone home 10 minutes before.  I went back in my room and started putting my dolls back on the shelf, and my door started slamming again!!!  My dad was asleep, my sister was at her house, and the only other person in the house was my mom, but she can't move fast enough and I would have heard her if it was her.  I got off the chair and walked towards the door and it opened and slammed again.  This scared me half to death, so I called my sister.  She loves stuff like this.  She told me "Calm down.  It's either Mamaw or Uncle Dick (Uncle Dick lived here before us.  He was Mamaw's brother.), and they obviously have something to tell you, so just say 'Show me what you want me to see and go to bed.'"  I did this, and I felt a kind of tug on my shoulder.  I turned around to face the window and it was snowing!  I really think it was Mamaw, because she knew how much I loved the snow.  My door hasn't slammed since.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:03 PM

Wow!!  Very nice story...I'm glad that you shared it with us!  I am very often amazed at how our past family takes care and watches over us.  I would be willing to bet that you are right...it was your grandmother.  I think that family doesn't contact us too much knowing it would cause us fear.  I'm happy that you had that contact and it seems to have created yet another fond memory for you!

Thanks again ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users