Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

external IR camcorder light. What do you use?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GhosthunterCharles

GhosthunterCharles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, movies, video games.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

I have a JVC model digital camcorder It is Super LoLux but it has no night vision. I bought a IR light of ebay and all I get is a narrow field of view and a short distance. maybe 10 feet.

I need:
a light that will mount on a camcorder
Has a good battery supply. over an hour if possible.
Has a pretty good distance. more than 10 feet.

was curious, does anyone know what type of IR lights they mount on their cameras on Ghost Hunters?

#2 slimegoat

slimegoat

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

I have a JVC model digital camcorder It is Super LoLux but it has no night vision. I bought a IR light of ebay and all I get is a narrow field of view and a short distance. maybe 10 feet.

I need:
a light that will mount on a camcorder
Has a good battery supply. over an hour if possible.
Has a pretty good distance. more than 10 feet.

was curious, does anyone know what type of IR lights they mount on their cameras on Ghost Hunters?

I use either the Sony HVL-IRH2 (hot shoe compatible/no battery needed), or Sony HVL-IRM (the one you see on Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures, mounted on an external arm). They both work extremely well.

Your best bet for night vision would be to start off with an inexpensive Sony camcorder with NightShot. I bought 2 off eBay, each with 30gig hard drives, for about $200 apiece.

Search YouTube, as well. You can see videos of people with all sorts of camera/light configurations.

#3 boatlesspirate

boatlesspirate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Paul Bradford with Creepy Hollow Gear makes a few great outboard IR & UV lights. They runs on 9v for hours and perform as good if not better than the commercial lights out there.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Sherlock Holmes-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

#4 ourobouros2k2

ourobouros2k2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

I agree, the creepy hollow illuminators are far superior to the HVL-IRM's from Sony. That and hours on a single 9 volt. If you are tech savvy, Paul has a pdf available on how to build them on his forum. I have built two, and love 'em.

regards,
Andy
Posted Image

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

I have addressed this before, but when the question of IR illuminators and IR cameras comes up I ask why? Why do we insist on investigating hampered by darkness? To date I have seen no conclusive proof that anything captured under IR would not also appear under normal light. Thus to me IR is kind of a non-issue. (I do have an IR illuminator, 64 LEDs, I built myself. Works good, but that device spends most of its time on the shelf.) In fact I do most of my investigations in daylight unless there is some compelling reason to go dark.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#6 b4dw0lf

b4dw0lf

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Paul Bradford with Creepy Hollow Gear makes a few great outboard IR & UV lights. They runs on 9v for hours and perform as good if not better than the commercial lights out there.

I agree, I now own 3 of the Creepy Hollow Illuminators and dont even use my brand name ones anymore.

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for additional Night vision Illumination

I have his Ver.1 light but theres a floodlight I want to get next that looks good

www.creepyhollowgear.com

#7 ourobouros2k2

ourobouros2k2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

http://www.entityele...luminators.html

These are new from a friend of mine named Brad Lane. He has really put together some versatile lighting solutions. I am about to order the IR/UV flood light, and will post my thoughts after putting it through it's paces.

regards
Andy
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users