Free Skins
© Fisana

A helpful ghost?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:12 AM

We have lived in the current house for about two years. It was built in 1990 but has had atremendous amount of people moving in and out , they come and go. The realator joked that the house "must be haunted".

I do not go around seeking ghosts. I stayed in a haunted college without any fear at all. I am very hard to convince. I always write anything odd off as the wind, imagination, etc.

However, after one event, I have no logical answer for it. I have a few health problems and I take about 16 different pills a day. Normally, I have my mother get my medicene out for me, and if not her, I ask my grandmother. One morning I awoke to find all my medication, right down to the last pill, neatly put in a glass jar in the canet. This was odd because my mother was away and my grandmother is very difficult to get moving and I usually have to pull her out of bed to get it.

Suprised, I told my gradmother, "Your on the ball this morning, thanks for getting my medicene out so early". She had no idea what I was talking about and said she had been asleep all night. I called my mother and asked if she h ad somehow gotten the medicene out in advance. She had no idea what I was talking about. We were all scratching our heads as to how it could have been put out so early. We never figured it out.

Not to sound macho, but I have slept in haunted rooms before with no "sightings". I have slept in the room my grandfather, not the nicest of men, died in. I don't scare easily and I am not one to report sightings because I have had very few, if any, that I could not explain. Yet I am still at a loss on what happened that morning. I know I didn't get it out, and thats something I can not explain. 16 pills perfectly laid out in a glass cabnet.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 17 November 2003 - 04:11 AM

Hi GT1!  Welcome to the village!  I'm glad that you stopped by and I hope that you will sign up and stay a while.  It has been my experience that you can easily convince yourself at any time that a paranormal experience is the wind or squirrels on the roof.  There is a much higher percentage of people that have had experiences than you might think, they just get written off like you described.  Let me ask you a question...do you believe that people have a soul?  If so, what happens to the soul after death? ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:40 AM

GT 1 - welcome to the village, and i hope that you'll join us as a member; it's free and confidential, and you'll find plenty of interesting discussion here!

i have a helpful spirit that comes through my house once in awhile - she's been known to turn my heat up and down, turn on the coffee pot, turn it off, and turn on my stereo.  

while i'm a lifelong believer in ghosts and the paranormal, i'm usually skeptical about moving objects or appliances turning on and off by themselves -- these things happened recently and there is no other possible explaination!

isn't it fascinating?

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2003 - 12:18 PM

Its not that I don't believe in ghosts, and I am a relgious man, I just need convincing that any place is haunted for myself.

My parents have had encounters, a lot of people I know and trust have as well, but whenever I go to those places that are supposed to be haunted, nothing has ever happened.

The college that was supposed to be h aunted had girls that tried to scare me with stories of the place, how a girl had commited suicide in the 1920s. I fired back with the line "I concern myself with the living and not the dead". It stumped them, I suppose they tell the story a lot and people go bonkers, and again, I am not trying to be fearless or macho, but I really am one of those people who is not afraid of the dark. A lot of people say that and then they are scared when put in a situation, but I have faced a lot of scary situations and never really encountered anything...except for the medicene being filled.

So yes I do believe, but only because I trust the words of others, and the one experience I had with the 16 pills. There have been many haunted places where people have told me to avoid or to be wary of, but I have not been scared...yet.

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:42 PM

Hi, GT1 and I hope you'll decide to join us ;D

You know, a certain amount of skepticism's an excellent idea
while investigating*trying to balance intuition with the readings of your instruments*as well as when you're reviewing evidence. But as far as the case you described GT, the only thing I can come up with is if your Mum or Grandmum set it up the night before to save some time.

I have heard of helpful spirits in the past, including a young Mom's spirit that used to help wake up the kids for school ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:31 PM

Exactly, I am not discounting spirits or ghosts at all, but I will remain totally unbiased and will need to be throughly convinced.

If there is something I can't explain, I'll be the first to admit it. If I can explain it, I won't make a story out of it.

I have seen my own father, who I always thought was feerless, afraid to go into a certain building after dark. I can go in at 12 at night and feel right at home, strech out and get some sleep. Does that mean I dscount my father? NO WAY! It just means that he has experienced something that I, to the present, have not and he was extremely nervous to go back in at night.

The buidling I speak of scares my mom to death, my father had to have his best friend accompany him when going in at dark, yet I have never experienced anything. That doesn't mean I won't, but until I do, I won't be intimidated for something that I have not seen myself.

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:44 PM

Also, I am not sure if it means anything, but while I may at times be contradicting myself, I am sure there are ghosts. The building I speak of, after seeing my father's face tremble in fear at the sight of going in, do I believe it is haunted even though I have never seen it? In the end, yes, but only because my father says so.

I am EXTREMELY respectful to the spirit world, so before I go into a place that is "haunted" I usually say "I am just a man, I mean no harm, I come in peace, please respect me". Perhaps thats why ghosts won't appear to me? Perhaps they see that and it turns them away, perhaps if they see I am not afriad then they pick on someone else? I don't know, but I have always been respectful.

When I was younger, I avoided the "Hide behind the tombstone" or other paranormal things kids do. The others thought I was scared, I thought they were being rude and had no respect for the dead. I don't spit in the wind, but I am not afraid of the wind...if that makes any sense at all.

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:20 PM

Hi, GR1,
Its the same thing I do, kind of a mental introduction, tell
them who I am, what my intention is and that I mean no harm
nor to disturb their slumber...I agree,its a matter of courtesy and respect for those who sleep there rather than being afraid.

Hey, Bud, don't knock fear. Fear's very natural and a very healthy reaction when faced with the Paranormal or Supernatural happenings, its a survival instinct as old as mankind.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users