• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hanauma726

hanauma726

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Has anyone ever used animals to identify the presence of spirits in the course of a paranormal investigation?

#2 UnScene

UnScene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Has anyone ever used animals to identify the presence of spirits in the course of a paranormal investigation?

Hi Hana,
I don't know about using them in a investigation, but I do know that animals are very sensitive to the presence of spirits.
There are a lot of documented cases that animals have responded to more than we mere humans could ever hope to see or sence.
And I speak from personal experience with my own animals and their reactions to things in my own home.
I have great respect for my four legged friends who alert me to things I often miss.
UnScene

#3 Kayla Burt

Kayla Burt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:06 AM

My Aunt has a dog that plays with the ghost in her house! :P It sounds silly but it seems you probably could train a pet to identify things unscene to the naked eye. Anything's possible.
--- *Kayla Burt*myspace.com/amberlouise328

#4 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

Both of my cats are exceptionally sensitive to the supernatural.

In fact, they often sense a spirit before I can even tell one is nearby - and I'm extremely sensitive.

They play with the spirit of our 17 year cat who passed away in 2007 whenever she visits.

Animals are extremely sensitive to just about every sense. They are quite adept at predicting storms and earthquakes.

My cats started freaking out last night about 30 minutes before a severe storm blew through our area. Tornadoes were in the area (not at our place - phew), and we had wind speeds of 75 mph along with intense lightning, rain, and hail.

If the local meteorologists claim severe weather and the cats DON'T freak out, I know all will be well. If they DO freak out, we start heading for the safe room to take shelter.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#5 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

I agree with Maelinde--Animals are highly sensitive to things we can't really pick up well, if at all. My cat used to sit and stare intently at this one spot in my first home (where my parents brought me home from the hospital as a baby), then after about 5 or 10 minutes, she'd fluff up, spit, and swat at something before running from the room.

I don't know if anything negative actually happened, or if it was a negative spirit--I don't claim to be "sensitive"--but I pick up on a few vibes here and there. Of course, my cat was highly suspicious and jumpy about strangers, so maybe she was just reacting to what she saw as a stranger in the home...

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

I don't think having an animal along on an investigation would be of much use and it has nothing to do with if they can sense more than we can. Most pets are not trained well enough to behave too well when they are put into strange situations and with strange people. Dogs jump alot, and will growl and bark at any little thing. Cats - how would you handle a cat on an investigation? I've never seen a cat do well on a leash. Then there is the dander issue. I have a German Shepherd Dog. Unless you have one, you will never know what the shedding is like. I have lots of pictures of him where he is surrounded by "orbs". It's really dander and fur in the air from his movement. What I am getting at is that I think if it is a serious investigation, you don't want evidence tainted. I think that if you had a dog or cat along, it could and would taint your evidence. Anyone could look at a photo and say it's dander or listen to an evp and say that it was the animal making that noise or whatever.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

I am going to agree with Redhead here. Bringing an animal along on an investigation is not a good idea. An owner's dog or cat on location during an investigation is a real possibility, but you'll just have to keep that in mind when looking at your "evidence".

#8 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Knowing my cats, I'd never bring them along on an investigation. My cats are extremely nosy and tend to get in the way of things. I love them dearly, but I'd just never in a million years bring them on an investigation.

My cats are extremely sensitive to anything paranormal, but I agree with Redhead that animals are best at their own homes with their families.

My black cat sheds like there's no tomorrow and that would so totally contaminate an investigation, besides like other male cats he has lots of dander which could cause allergies in even a non allergic person.

While I agree that animals tend to be quite sensitive to the supernatural and paranormal, they are probably not a good idea on an investigation.

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten EVP of an animal??? That would be interesting to note.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users