26 replies to this topic

#1 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

To all my friends and family on the east coast.. Please be safe during the wrath of Sandy! Keep us posted on how you are making out during the storm..
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

Sending blessings and safety vibes. I guess group prayers really do help!
Posted Image

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

I agree with group prayer. Sending love to the whole East coast. Most of my family is there. If they lose power because of the storm we won't be able to communicate at all.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Thanks, guys! We're going to need it over here. So far, not really bad, but we're just getting the outer edge here in south Central Pennsylvania. But we'll see it goes as we get further into it. Hopefully, the stress'll help with the knitting for me...

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#5 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Almost 4 inches here in Carlisle, Pa, plus wind gusts of almost 30 miles an hour. So far, we're lucky to have power in my neighborhood.

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Southwest Pa. still holding on. We have 2 inches plus of rain, winds at 30 mph. A couple momentary power glitches but mine is still on. I do have the backup generator ready and plenty of firewood just in case!

#7 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Up here in Canada in my neck of the woods people were in the stores buying water and can goods after work. I couldn't believe it. We are only getting a few gusts of wind and that's it. Keep safe guys.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#8 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

You should've been down here in the stores on Saturday, they were crowded as heck. You'd think they'd never had a really nasty arsed storm coming through. Sheesh.

Southwest Pa. still holding on. We have 2 inches plus of rain, winds at 30 mph. A couple momentary power glitches but mine is still on. I do have the backup generator ready and plenty of firewood just in case!

That's good to hear, Cave Rat! Hopefully, Pa won't get beat up too bad.

Posted Image

#9 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

I have relatives in NJ, NY, PA and WV. So far all are holding on. Its either rain or snow and winds....
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#10 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Our 3+ days of light, non-stop rain just turned to snow, here outside Charleston, WV!

Thankfully, we're not in the mountains...in Beckley, where I have family and friends, they were already getting heavy snow early this evening. Ours is still mostly rain, and its not sticking yet. We've been lucky...I've heard from FB friends all around me about heavy winds, which seem to have passed us for the most part. I was worried about wind because after our crazy derecho, my town was hit pretty hard, especially my subdivision. The house behind us still has some issues with damaged trees that haven't been cut down yet...that could easily hit my house if they were to fall.

Stay safe and stay warm everyone!
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#11 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Ouch, Theresa! We've got a few trees here that have us worried. One's a 100+ foot tall Norway Spruce that's right behind the bathroom of our house.the other's a tree that's been slowly dying for the last few years, and if it goes, it coud take out most of the block, no matter which way it falls. Then there's the one across the street that could take out either the power lines or the house behind it, depending on how it falls.

Stay safe, folks!

Posted Image

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

I am seeing some scary pics on FB, even huge sharks swimming in the street!!
Posted Image

#13 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Glad to know everyone is fine. All we got was wind and a tiny bit of rain. Saw two rainbows today on the way home from work.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#14 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Dang, Witch! Still cloudy here, a little rainy, but thankfylly, the worst is well past us.

Posted Image

#15 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

We got a total of 3.5 inches of rain and winds to 45 mph gusts. Then it switched to snow, and another 4 inches of that. Minor power drops here but no extended outages. The worst is going north now, winds and rain are slowing. It wasn't as bad as it could have been here, but areas not far from me are dealing with 10-12 inches of snow and stream flooding. The snow is actually a good thing. It locked up some of the precipitation and kept the rainfall totals down. This in turn minimized flooding on the rivers. As is, only some minor river flooding is expected Wednesday through Friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users