Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

A spirit is terrifying my child - need help!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 faith08

faith08

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

My husband and I have tried everything for the last 12 years to rid our family of a spirit and have not been successful. It all started 12 years ago and it seems tied to when my husband's brother dropped off a chest that had been their fathers and was full of his things. Their father died 30 years ago. It was about this time that we started seeing lights on that we knew we had turned off, hearing noises, etc. We both ignored it. 10 years ago we moved and it was a month or two after we were in our new house that I started seeing shadows. I chose to ignore these too. At this point our three year old decided she couldn't walk on the floor in our house any more since there were monsters on the floor. She walked on the floor everywhere else we went, just not at our house. This continued for about 6 months. To make a long story a little shorter many other things happened that made us realize that we had a spirit at our house and the spirit was my husband's father. The reason this spirit wasn't positive is that his dad was not a good person. My husband's parents had divorced when my husband was 12 because his dad had been sexually abusing his daughter. It was years before my husband knew of this abuse and it had been all buried and never dealt with. The entrance of this spirit brought all of it up with his family and I think some healing was finally found. On a less positive note, the spirit has brought depression and darkness to our life that we can't get rid of.

I have a strong faith and strong prayer warriors as friends. We started here and were unable to do much to help. I turned next to our pastorial associate at church who has experience in this area. She has two close friends who's calling is to help people clear their homes of spirits. They came over and went through everything in the house and when we got to the duct work in the basement they were shocked to discover the unholy trinity (Satan, Death and Hell and Jezebel). Through much prayer between the 5 of us we seemed to be able to release them and the spirit. I say seemed because as we continued through the house we found that the spirit was still in the attic with Jezebel who was holding on to him. Through much more prayer once again it seemed like we cleared everything out of the house. It didn't take more than a day to realize that everything was not back to normal. That was about 7 or 8 years ago. Since then I have been through so much to end this. The biggest breakthrough was about 3 years ago when we were finally able through an amazing prayer session in my house to pray for my husband's father's soul as it was when he was a child. This broke the spirit down and he sat and wept before moving on. The problem is that this entitiy tied to him is generational and it stayed. Some people believe it is staying in wait for my son (who is 8) to get older to attach to him. It was unable to attach to my husband or either of his brothers. I can't even think that because it is way too frightning.

Since that night 3 years ago the spirit is sometimes quieter and sometimes not. I think actually I fight it for awhile and then it wears me down and I just give up until something major happens and I go back to fighting it. I come from a family who is always positive and upbeat with no history of depression. That is how I always was. I started suffering from horrible depression during my second pregnancy right around the time this all started. I still to this day suffer from it and take medication. I am convinced it ties into all of it. My husband supports all of this and will help with whatever I want to do, but I am the figher in our house and the more spiritual one. If I wasn't fighting it, there would be no fight. This is why I am usually the adult under attack. I have tried many other things over the years and people have come to try to help, but nothing has worked.

The last couple of months the level of shadows I have seen has increased greatly. My children are now 12, 10 and 8. The 12 year old was most affected by it when she was young, but it is now the 10 year old who sees it the most. I would say about once a month at least she come flying out of a room because she just saw a spirit. The final straw was yesterday morning. My husband was out of town and my 8 year old was still sleeping. I woke my 10 year old up and told her to get dressed. I drove my 12 year old to school 1/2 a mile away and when I returned my 10 year old was still laying in bed with a terrified look on her face. When I asked her why she wasn't getting dressed she whispered, "Mommy there is a spirit in here and it was holding my arm down the whole time you wre gone." I was sick to my stomach and so angry! I calmed her down and we talked about how she was safe and nothing could hurt her with God's protection. She was fine after that but stuck close to my side.

So this is the start of my next and hopefully final fight. I am desperately seeking anyone's advice on where to go from here.

#2 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

First of all, let me welcome you to GhostVillage.

I'm going to move your post over to the Personal Encounters board, where it will get more exposure, and hopefully the help you are looking for.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#3 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hi Faith and welcome to GV !

An amazing story there !

It certainly does sound like you have a negative entity there, whether it is the father I dont know for sure as Im not there to experience it, however, spirits often do attach themselves to material things as it means so much to them when they were in the physical body.

Assuming it is the Father he certianly hasnt crossed over properly as he would not be able to affect you guys so negatively. I wouldnt say hasnt crossed over because of guilt but certainly I would say he hasnt changed therefore wants to continue this abuse emotional or otherwise.

Now what I am going to say next you may not like, though I do respect any man and their faith, whatever beliefs they have, but from experience it doesnt matter how religious or what spiritual faith you have, if the spirit does not want to go they will not go unless they have been confronted with a very experienced medium, or someone similar who actually does this type of work.

You have to be very strong psychically and know exactly what to do. There are certain ways and methods that can be achieved to get rid for good !

I personally do not follow religion, but as I mentioned before i totally respect people's beliefs, but there are methods I would use to clear it and Im sure I could be successful as some of the guys on here that know me I have experience in this.

I hope you find the right person for the job, and good luck, if you need anything else Im sure one of us would be able to help

Mark ;)

#4 faith08

faith08

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with everything you said. My faith has given me the ability to deal with all of this without fear and with strength, but the people I have look toward to help me have not had the experience or knowledge to handle something of this magnitude. That is why I have turned to your website for help. I am open to whatever advice you have to offer.

Faith

#5 Kayla Burt

Kayla Burt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

I may not have very good advice but... :P

Back in October, my husband and I were sharing a house with a couple we knew. They have a almost 3 year old son. I was the first to notice funny things about this house. Literally, the first time we saw it, I hated it. I knew something wasn't right. I tried to feel the house out and decided it was something very very harmful. No one believed me except for my husband because he's used to my constant sensitivity. Crazy things were happening, violent actions, almost like poltergeist. My room mate FINALLY started to believe me when her son, who had NEVER had any trouble sleeping before, would cry all night and scream for mommy because "monsters" were trying to get him. One day, we sat him down and tried to talk to him about it the best way you can talk to a two year old. He told us it was a "dragon" and he does NOT know that word and has NOT heard anyone else say it. It was chilling. After finding his hand prints on the CEILING of his bed room, we called priests. They didn't care. They didn't believe us. So I bought sage from a local herb shop and some friends (one of which I believe to be psychic) and I vigorously prayed in every single room, especially the baby's room. I screamed and yelled for it to leave and almost got my head knocked off when all the dishes came out of the cabinets. But after the storm of dinner ware, it seemed to lift the air. My husband and I moved out but I haven't heard any complaints since. To sum it up, in my years of unexplained situations, I've found the the fight is not between you and evil, but evil and God. And once God is brought into the mix, whatever has no power.

Best of luck to you!!!
--- *Kayla Burt*myspace.com/amberlouise328

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hi Faith,

Do you still have the chest of your father-in-law's stuff? If so I think a good start would be to get rid of it.

I agree with Mark on everything he said, especially the religious aspect. I urge you to find a medium in your area who does this kind of work. Priest, pastors, etc. usually only anger the spirit or entity even more. Also, if your FIL was a religious man, he may fear going to hell for what he did and be even more resistent to leaving if a religious person comes to clear him out; that is if it is who you think it is. The energy could even be a manifestation of the depression and unresolved feelings your husband and his family have regarding the father. There are so many possibilities that is why it is important to find a person in your area. There is a directory on this board where you can find investigative groups and others in your area.

Good luck,
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#7 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:59 PM

I agree with Kira,

If there is anything of the father-inLaw's in the house especially things that he was attached to in life, get rid of it. I wouldn't donate it, just trash it.

I keep being shown a b&w picture, wood frame with three males, tallest one in the middle. A father and two brothers. Do you have one with your father-in-law in it like that?

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#8 Black Kitty

Black Kitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

I'm only a novice here myself but my gut feeling says to gather all this man's possessions (and I mean ALL of them) and burn them (away from your house). Then scatter the ashes. What you can't burn - smash.

Then, with that done, I would put sage in every room of your house (if you can find sage incense it's brilliant but only as icing on the cake).

And I would find a very experienced medium to go through every room and clear anything nasty left behind. I think religious support is great, but you really need someone who knows what they're doing to make sure this thing gets away from you and your family. Most ministers I have encountered are practical people and, strangely enough, aren't that practiced in dealing with spirits.

Can you send your children to a friend or relative while you do this? I suspect with this man's history they might be key to this 'persons' reason for hanging about (but an experienced medium would be better than me to advise on that).

Gook Luck!

#9 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

Ditto about the depression thing too Kira :)

#10 faith08

faith08

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the replies. It has been a crazy 20 hours since I last posted a reply. I knew when I started this fight again it was going to fight back and it did. This time though I am going to win! The negativity in my house is huge, I held my 12 year old all night because she was terrified, my husband is annoyed with me because of all the problems bringing it up has caused. When it gets crazy he would rather just bury it, which is really just the spirit putting doubts in him, hoping that will make me quit fighting it, etc. Nothing new and nothing I didn't expect.

In answer to some of the questions, the chest has been chopped into little pieces and thrown out into the trash about three years ago. Most of the stuff in it was burned. A few of the items, that had sentimental value to my husband he put in the shed in the backyard. I know everything should have gone, but how do I convince him of that when they are his only reminder of a father that he loved.

Kira, what did you mean when you said "The energy could even be a manifestation of the depression and unresolved feelings...". I kind of understand what you are saying, but not completely.

I live in Medina, Ohio, which is 1/2 and hour from Cleveland and 1/2 an hour from Akron. I was looking through the list, but didn't really see anyone in this area. I'll go through it again, but how do I know who is very experience?

Faith

#11 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

When people bury feelings they HAVE to come out somehow. Often when people think they are being successful at holding things in, they are really not holding them in at all. It's physically impossible because "all thoughts become things." So the energy the feelings produce manifest or become something. This is often the case when there is poltergeist activity in a home; it is the child or children who are causing it without realizing it. In this case I feel that your husband's repressed feelings regarding what his very own father did to him are the negative energy that is in your home. It is your husband who has to confront this issue, it is he who has to deal with his feelings head on. He has to get angry, sad, grieve for the childhood he didn't have, accept that it did happen, then he has to let it go. I would say "give it to my angels." You can say to whomever your higher power is. When he accomplishes that there will be an end to the negative spirit/energy in your home because there will be no place for it to grab hold if it is a spirit, or it will no longer be produced if it is in fact coming from within your husband. To put it another way, once your husband makes peace and accepts what happened to him, forgives his father, which doesn't mean condone what he did to him, and truly let's it go to his higher power, then you will feel a new sense of lightness and love surrounding your home and your family.

You may find that once this happens, which could take months, abuse is not something you get over in a day, a week or a month; having the momentos (sp) of his father's will not bring up negative feelings. I know that concept of forgiveness is very difficult for people when someone has been hurt in such a horrible way. But the forgiver is not doing it for the person who hurt him, he's doing it for himself. Forgive means that you understand the person is a human and did a terrible thing because either they experienced it themself (usually) or have some sort of mental illness. If you look at a person through the eyes of The Creator, as one of his/her children who is worthy of love and forgiveness, then it is easy to forgive. "To err is human, to forgive is divine."

In case you haven't looked at my webpage, this is what I do. I do spiritual/psychic work. Mark London does amazing work with crossing over spirits, my daughter does that as well. I don't do that as much. Sometimes I do, but more often I deal with individuals and helping them clear and cleanse their own energy. My immediate feeling when I read your post is that all of this is coming from within, it is not an outside thing. It may have attracted the negative entities that are now present in your home, but it started because of unresolved issues.

Feel free to send me a private message if you would like to talk some more about this. It is difficult to explain without you being able to ask me questions inbetween so we each are sure we understand that other.

Take care of your kids and explain to them that they have the power to tell this energy to leave them alone. They simply tell it, when they feel it near them, "Go away, you are not allowed here, this is my room or my house and only energies and entities of the highest light and vibration are allowed near me. As the mother you can protect yourself, your husband, and your children by envisioning all of you and your home encapsulated in bright white light of love and protection. The light can come from God, Angels, Spirit Guides, whatever you believe. You can all sit together and do this with you being the leader since you seem to be the strongest and most willing to do battle, I commend you for that! Again, if you'd like instructions, you can meet me in the chat room on GV. Let me know if you don't know how to get there.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#12 STORM Diane

STORM Diane

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Our group is in Detroit area, about 3-4 hours away. We have worked with some families who feel like they have had a spirit who follows them and brings a dark cloud to everything they do.
We do have some ideas about what may be causing the symptoms you are experiencing, and we have some ideas about it might be handled.

We try to simplify, and our simplest philosophy is that fear, and anger and darkness can be replaced with love, and "light" and joy. I know that may sound naive to some, maybe even including some in our paranormal investigation group, but it sounds really logical to me. It is a basic philosophy of mine and nothing has been able to disprove it or unravel it so far. I believe that the darkness you fear, and the depression and bad things that come to you, can be related to chaos (I try not to name it evil, but call it the lack of peace and place that is "chaos.") Chaos has a place, but it is not with our families and our safe spaces in our homes.
Sometimes a door can get opened, or a series of keys can come together to lift the veil, or even some entity can pass through the curtain in order to get closer to us for one reason or another. We want to close those doors, but only AFTER the chaos or darkness or entity has passed through. We cannot completely END the chaos or evil, but we can make it smaller and less powerful and we can send it far away from us and our loved ones. And we can, over time, forget about being afraid of it. We can take away the power that fear and negativity have over us.

Some of us in this field use logic and science to take away the power that the "unknown" has to make us scared. I do that too. We use measurement devices and take notes and research history, etc to find out all the possibilities that may contribute to the problem you are experiencing. (EMF sickness, lack of lighting and positive energy, health issues, money &/or job issues, stress, fear, real/valid/necessary depression, etc.) Those actual logical symptoms can all contribute and act as keys to open doors for negative energy and chaos, and possibly specific dark entities or spirits. So! Yes, it will be work to get through some of those symptoms that are more difficult to change. But there are ways of dealing with the scary stuff that can be easy:
*Every time you feel fear, think of a happy thought or a fun memory.I call it the Peter Pan theory. Simple, but logical, and whats more: IT WORKS. Take away the fear and the negative energy that dark spirits/chaos feeds off of.
*Re-do the furniture in your home to avoid clutter and create pathways for light and energy.
*Clean up and donate "things" your families may no longer need or desire.
*Get a new lamp or new lighting.
* start a new program of some kind - healthy eating or exercise or a fun hobby.
* stop feeding into fear or darkness, and let yourself enjoy whatever you can. All the time.

Its a fundamental change and something we have to remind ourselves daily, but it really does work.
Then, when you feel you are ready, do a home cleansing with sage and prayers. Start at one end of home, on topmost floor and work your way all through the house. Tell the chaos to go. Give it a specific place to be, like inside a jar or a far corner of the property behind a fence, or another dimension completely. Ask your saints, angels, guides, God or dead relatives you loved or whomever to protect you and your home. Then YOU protect your home and family by replacing the fear with happy memories and future fun ideas and general happy thoughts like favorite treats and adventures. It WILL work!

Much love to you,
Diane

www.spirittrackers.net/storm or email storms004@yahoo.net

#13 faith08

faith08

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

I agree with Kira,

If there is anything of the father-inLaw's in the house especially things that he was attached to in life, get rid of it. I wouldn't donate it, just trash it.

I keep being shown a b&w picture, wood frame with three males, tallest one in the middle. A father and two brothers. Do you have one with your father-in-law in it like that?

Seer

I don't have any pictures of my FIL in my house and the few my husband may have kept (that will soon be gone) are not in frames. I asked him about a black and white picture of three men and he said he can remember one of his dad between two of his military buddies. His dad was in the middle with his shirt off, but the picture was never framed when he saw it.

#14 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

StormDiane, welcome to Ghost Village. It seems to me that you know your work well.
The best and simplest advice that was given to me many years ago when I was experiencing "difficulties" in my home was "bring in light and the dark cannot stay". It really works and brought our home, peace.

Faith, Kira knows what she's talking about on the subject of "feelings". I can tell you, I've dealt with this before. Most people don't realise, or don't want to, that "thoughts are things". Very powerful emotion can wreak havoc on families.
Hoping for you all to find peace soon!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users