Need help with embracing my "gift"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 firefox

firefox

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:06 AM

Hello I'm new to the boards. I need help from experienced mediums that can help me embrace the gift that was bestowed apon me by my grandfather. I have been having encounters with seeing people die-murdered since I was eight. I have recently had an encounter with a spirit of a good friend who died and he came to me with a message for his wife. I need some help on harnising my ability so I can help others and so it doesn't scare me when some one that I don't know comes to me for help. Please if there is anyone that can help me I would love the feed back!!!

#2 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

If you are in the New England area I can give you the email of someone who could definitely help you or refer you to a mentor. However, there are many experienced mediums on this site as well.

My first advice is to read about how to control your gift. A book that helped me immensely is called "Psychic Development for Beginners" by William Hewitt. It's an excellent resource no matter what level you are with your abilities. He teaches you how to tune into the spirit world, meditate, communicate with your higher self and others through his personal experiences and tutorials. It changed my life when I read it. It's put out by Llewellyn Publishing and it is under $15. I got it at Borders, but you can get it online at Amazon too.

Best of luck to you and welcome to Ghostvillage,
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to our Village, Firefox. I'm sure you'll find Ghostvillage a wonderful resource for information. I am going to move this to Spirit Communication so that your question will get the proper attention for you.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

Dear Firefox,

I feel that I need to share this heartfelt story.

Sometimes we get messages for people that we don't know. If the message is coming in very strong and very persistent than it is important for them to hear. I have had only two occasions that I have approached someone that I didn't know and gave them a message. Yes, there are many times we get information but its not always meant to be delivered. The last time I had to give a message to someone I didn't know was this past Friday/Saturday.

Friday at work I noticed that an elderly man was hanging around the shopping center. I own a salon and you see some "regulars" that just hang out due to boredom, loneliness or other reasons. He was new. Late in the afternoon he came up to me just outside of the salon door and asked if he could get a haircut. We were booked and couldn't fit him in Friday so I asked that he come back on Saturday. I had looked into his bright blue eyes and heard my Guides talking to me. they gave me a message. The message came through by making me think of a saying. That saying was: " When a stranger knocks on your door don't turn them away". I knew somehow this was someone knocking at the door.

Saturday he arrived and the stylist that I put him with started his haircut. My client hadn't shown for some reason (now I know the reason) so I joined in with some of the conversation. We found out that he had just lost his wife in March from a long battle with Cancer. It was after that, that a message started coming through from his wife. I kept getting; "tell him that I told him I would let him know that I was ok". Over and over and over. I knew now why this man came to the salon. His wife, My Guides, The Angels and God had led him there. I was very anxious waiting for him to finish and contemplating how to approach him. I just came forward to him while he was being checked out I looked at him and said "Sir, I need to speak to you for a moment".

I took him outside and started out with this. "Do you believe that God can give gifts to people"? He then said yes. I told him a little about myself and said that I had a message for him. I also explain to people that it is not me that makes this possible as I am just the messenger. The middle person in between here and there.

As I said this, my tears started to flow. It was all the emotions I felt and the love that was coming through for him. I then gave him this message;

Your wife has a message for you. She said that she spoke to you prior to her passing and let you know that somehow and someway she would get a message to you that she was alright. This is that message (I am getting chills again as I write this). She wants you to know that she cherished the moments you spent on the front porch. How you had covered her with a blanket and had your quiet peaceful times together. How she just listened to you and felt your love. She wanted to thank you for making her life so wonderful. She wants you to go forward with your life and not live in the past. Live, live life to the fullest. She is happy and she no longer has pain or suffering. There was more for him but we sat and talked for some time. This man had tears running down his face right along with mine. I told him I felt he was sent to the salon for this reason. He even said that he usually goes to a barber shop not far from the salon but felt for some reason that he had to come in to the salon. He validated the message for me. After speaking to him for awhile we embraced (a hug isn't the right word) and now this man was no longer a stranger but a new found friend.

The smile on his face and the happiness I felt is what makes having this gift worth it all. It was a confirmation that what I am doing and the path that I am following is right direction for me.

There are times that you don't need to approach someone but look inside yourself, you will just "know" if it is the right thing to do. I protect myself always but there are sometimes when the message is so strong that you have to act upon it. It makes those people know that that they are not alone and there is someone that cares.

I needed to share this story with all of you as I still feel the happiness that is bursting from inside of me from being able to make a difference, a very important difference for someone.

I hope this helps you firefox and if you have any questions, please pm me.

With Love and Light,
Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#5 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

I need some help on harnising my ability so I can help others and so it doesn't scare me when some one that I don't know comes to me for help. Please if there is anyone that can help me I would love the feed back!!!

I have a bunch of advice on developing psychic and mediumship skills on my web page at http://www.eeriecana...development.htm

As far as not being afraid goes, what helped me the most was the realization that ghosts are just people. If you had no reason to fear them while they were alive, there is no reason to fear them now that they are no longer in their bodies.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users