• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

My wife has recently started taking care of an elderly woman in her home as time permits. This woman is unable to speak and hasn't spoken for years. There used to be 2 other women in the house but they passed away within the last year.
My wife was there last Friday evening. The elderly woman was sleeping in a recliner and snoring. My wife saw a shadowy figure that resembled her grandmother sitting oddly on the recliner next to the woman. The spirit entered the woman. She suddenly awoke, wide-eyed. She turned to my wife and tried to speak. "I..." was all she said. That alone was pretty amazing. My wife, freaked out at this point, didn't want to show any fear and said "I don't have time for this! Get out!" and turned to the kitchen to take out the trash. The woman instantly went right back to sleep. As my wife opened the door to take out the trash, she felt a "whoosh" out the doorway.
Nothing else happened that evening, but about an hour later she felt like she was being watched the rest of her shift.
She felt a strong anxiety the whole time that spirit was there, so I don't think it was her grandmother. She was so shaken up by the experience that it took her 2 days to be able to tell me about it and even then she was in tears.

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Yes, it was her grandmother and she just wanted to tell her: I love you and and I am so proud of what you're doing."

She was using the woman's voice to try to get the message across. It didn't work very well, did it?

She is very sorry that she frightened your wife because she certainly didn't mean to.

Please, please impart that information. :kitty:
petunia4998

#3 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

Wow, that sure was a very specific answer. And quick, too.
You were very helpful the last time something like this happened, so I trust your information.
Thanks!

Yes, it was her grandmother and she just wanted to tell her: I love you and and I am so proud of what you're doing."

She was using the woman's voice to try to get the message across. It didn't work very well, did it?

She is very sorry that she frightened your wife because she certainly didn't mean to.

Please, please impart that information. :kitty:

#4 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

There is some doubt about whether this spirit really is her grandmother. This one appeared darker and less defined that when she saw her last, which has been about 9 years now. And neither of us have ever felt that scary feeling when she has come for 'visits' in the past. Perhaps this is a copy cat?

#5 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

And this goes on....

My wife last night had a dream. She visited her grandmother. This happens from time to time. The 2 of them are very close.
She visited her and her grandmother wasn't in the mood for visitors. My wife said that she wasn't in the mood for visitors either when she came and spooked her the other evening. Her grandmother replied that it wasn't her, it was someone else. She'd tell her later who it was at another time when she was more in the mood for visitors.
My wife remarked that she isn't in a very good mood for someone that's in heaven. She replied that it's not as nice as you would think it is. Just wait until you're here for good.

#6 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Wow very interesting.

#7 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Last night my wife got another visit.
She's sick with a cold and went to the living room couch last night, being nice to let me get some sleep.
About 4 am the computer turns itself on.
She wakes up and feels a high level of anxiety and feels a presence. It's the same woman that visited her at the client's house.
She tries to ignore her and turns over. The spirit hits her on the back of her head.
She tells her to go away and leave her alone. The spirit then tickles her foot but then stops.
My wife tried to get back to sleep. As she's about to nod off, she feels a tug on her robe. She holds on to it but the tugging continues. Then it gets yanked off of her and lands on the other side of the room.
Now she's wide awake and decides to go play a game on the computer until she calms down. She can feel the spirit sitting on the couch behind her just staring at her. After a while she calms down and goes back to sleep.
In the morning she found that her eyglasses case was opened with the glasses half hanging out. And she finds that in her purse is her Tylenol bottle with the child-proof top has been unscrewed so that the pills fall out when she takes out the bottle. She had tightened that lid the day before.
We have a friend that does smudging. We may try that out.

#8 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

Great thread. I hope your wife won't be harmed physically by this spirit.

#9 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

What an interesting story; I'm anxiously awaiting an update!

#10 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

We think we have figured out why she is being targeted.
Her grandmother has in the past been a regular visitor and my wife has always been open to her visits. This spirit is being a copycat and my wife has been receptive to her because she comes across as her grandmother. She's going to have to either continue to deal with these copycat spirits or stop being open to visits. I can't think of any alternatives.

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

We think we have figured out why she is being targeted.
Her grandmother has in the past been a regular visitor and my wife has always been open to her visits. This spirit is being a copycat and my wife has been receptive to her because she comes across as her grandmother. She's going to have to either continue to deal with these copycat spirits or stop being open to visits. I can't think of any alternatives.

If she does continue on with being open to visits, it might get confusing at times differentiating the copycat from her grandma.

#12 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

If she does continue on with being open to visits, it might get confusing at times differentiating the copycat from her grandma.

Exactly. Best to not be open at all.
Found out that the woman that is living in this woman's house has known about this spirit for some time. She's had issues with her moving things around, hiding things, and the occasional blanket tug.
She is tolerating it and hasn't done anything to stop it for some reason.
While the woman was still alive, the 2 of them didn't get along very well.

#13 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

oh man those are some interesting experiences, I for one would not be able to sit on the computer with the feeling of some one watching me more so if that feeling was coming from a spirit lol but as long as they seem friendly and playful then there should not be too much to worry about. But none the less a little creepy haha

#14 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Learned a little more about this spirit woman. She was roommates with 2 other elderly women. One has passed on but the other is still living in the house. According to the caretaker living there in that house, this woman was like a mother to the other 2 and kept a close eye on them. She's still waiting for the other one to pass. All attempts so far have been unsucessful in getting the spirit to move on, so we may have no choice but to wait it out.
The remaining woman is not in great health, so it may later this year.

#15 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think that's the best idea Larry. :)
petunia4998

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users