161 replies to this topic

#31 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Not until both of you get to 30 posts.

That's right. Sorry, I forgot about that limitation.

this is facinating! a couple of questions: 1) is the NNN phrase in your documentation for keeping the exact location a secret? 2) are you concerned that the quartz thing was stolen? I guess the person that stole it should be more concerned than you though, yah? 3) are you a little nervous about possibly being followed/stalked? i know that N/A land that has been violated does not bode well for the violator. I guess what i'm trying to say is you are being quite adventerous and i just want you to stay safe. there is such history there and vibes and energy, i just don't want you getting pulled into something supernaturally that you can't get out of. i know, i know, i keep watching too many paranormal/criminal minds types of shows. i'll mind my own biz! please keep posting about this.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#32 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

this is facinating! a couple of questions: 1) is the NNN phrase in your documentation for keeping the exact location a secret? 2) are you concerned that the quartz thing was stolen? I guess the person that stole it should be more concerned than you though, yah? 3) are you a little nervous about possibly being followed/stalked? i know that N/A land that has been violated does not bode well for the violator. I guess what i'm trying to say is you are being quite adventerous and i just want you to stay safe. there is such history there and vibes and energy, i just don't want you getting pulled into something supernaturally that you can't get out of. i know, i know, i keep watching too many paranormal/criminal minds types of shows. i'll mind my own biz! please keep posting about this.

Looks like I'll have to keep posting so I can get up to 30 messages.!

Yes, the NNN phrase is my way of identifying a very general area. I'd not show anyone the amulet tree or the place where the quartz was stolen. Though it would be unbelievable if someone with perception found these sites on their own.

Yes, that quartz was stolen. I've hiked these woods for almost 20 years. I first stumbled on that buried stone when one of my kids was very young. We were hiking up that trail and she had to rest and sat down near it. While waiting for her to catch her breath, I discovered it. At the time I just thought it was interesting and it was not until this year that I linked it to a medicine wheel, and then a month or so ago someone dug it up. It had to weigh 20 or 30 pounds and could not have been fun trekking that thing out of the woods.

Regarding your 3rd point about being stalked or whatever. I've though about that, but I'm a guy in my 50s and there's no reason for someone to stalk me, plus I'm never in these 200 acre woods on any particular schedule, though I'm in them at least 3 times a week.. And I can take care of myself as well.
If you are referring to supernatural dangers, well the shaman I've been talking to is very concerned about this. But here's my take on it:
I have been in these woods for a very long time. When my daughters are in town we always get out there and we hike, laugh, bond, explore. We pick up trash and maintain trails. I think whomever or whatever is out there knows I have only good intentions, based on my actions over the years.
I've also gotten the impression - and this may just be in my head - that part of my purpose is to see things, learn things, and share these experiences using today's technology (web forums, on-line maps, etc).

#33 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Sounds like you have true respect and appreciation for that area, herenow. I'd say that so long as you continue to have that respect and appreciation then that area and anyone or anything in that area will return the favor. :)

#34 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

WOW I have explored many parts of MA but this one is new to me. I wouldn't take the amulet home with me though. the dark monk looking ghosts doesn't sound like a nice spirit.

#35 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

WOW I have explored many parts of MA but this one is new to me. I wouldn't take the amulet home with me though. the dark monk looking ghosts doesn't sound like a nice spirit.

I left the clay Buddha amulet in the tree, and eventually they removed it.
I did keep the Sun Face because they put it in the baggie.

Anyone have ideas on what the number "186" on the amulet and the pendant might mean?

#36 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Anyone have ideas on what the number "186" on the amulet and the pendant might mean?

I know some things about number symbolism. I can't find anything on "186" but I found some things on "1", "8" and "6".

1 - Number One
It represents beginnings and the primal cause. It is a symbol of creation and the human species and is depicted in the standing stone, the upright staff and the erect phallus.

It also symbolizes the oneness to which all living things must return.

In monotheistic religions one is the number of God, while in Jungian psychology it is a unifying symbol.

A symbol of beginning, the self and loneliness.

8 - Eight
As the first cubic number (2 x 2 x 2), eight is considered the perfect number.

Chinese life is ruled by eight: at eight months a child has milk teeth; at eight years he loses them; at twice eight he reaches maturity and at 64 (8 x 8) he loses the power of procreation.

In Buddhism 8 is a lucky number, possibly associated with the 8 petals of the Lotus, a plant associated with luck in India and a favourite Buddhism symbol.

6 - Six
According to the Bible, God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh.

Six represents balance, love, health and also luck, as it is the winning throw at dice.

#37 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Looks like I'll have to keep posting so I can get up to 30 messages.!

Yes, the NNN phrase is my way of identifying a very general area. I'd not show anyone the amulet tree or the place where the quartz was stolen. Though it would be unbelievable if someone with perception found these sites on their own.

Yes, that quartz was stolen. I've hiked these woods for almost 20 years. I first stumbled on that buried stone when one of my kids was very young. We were hiking up that trail and she had to rest and sat down near it. While waiting for her to catch her breath, I discovered it. At the time I just thought it was interesting and it was not until this year that I linked it to a medicine wheel, and then a month or so ago someone dug it up. It had to weigh 20 or 30 pounds and could not have been fun trekking that thing out of the woods.

Regarding your 3rd point about being stalked or whatever. I've though about that, but I'm a guy in my 50s and there's no reason for someone to stalk me, plus I'm never in these 200 acre woods on any particular schedule, though I'm in them at least 3 times a week.. And I can take care of myself as well.
If you are referring to supernatural dangers, well the shaman I've been talking to is very concerned about this. But here's my take on it:
I have been in these woods for a very long time. When my daughters are in town we always get out there and we hike, laugh, bond, explore. We pick up trash and maintain trails. I think whomever or whatever is out there knows I have only good intentions, based on my actions over the years.
I've also gotten the impression - and this may just be in my head - that part of my purpose is to see things, learn things, and share these experiences using today's technology (web forums, on-line maps, etc).

oh, the shaman is a concerned too, eh? interesting. i agree with the guy below. your intentions are good and you respect the land and the people who used to live there, i guess they get it, but please heed the shaman's warnings if he gave you specific things to do. i just don't want something/someone following you home and causing trouble. please keep us posted and when you get up to 30 posts, we can talk privately.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#38 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

Jack, thanks for the analysis on the 186.
Queen, I get what you're saying about heeding the Shaman's warnings.
But sometimes ya gotta just go with your gut.

There's another person I've been talking with via email about this, and as time has gone on, this person has been able to see the same things I've been seeing in certain kinds of 'dreams'.
It is uncanny, and somehow related to all of this.

#39 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Forgive me if you had stated this I don't remember from the original post. The very first time you ever walked there do you remember if you had a feeling of being there before? Like a memory of the woods from a long time ago?
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#40 F1_Fan

F1_Fan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1<br />PS3<br />Reading<br />Model Making<br />Home Improvement<br />History<br />Wildlife

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

I find all this a bit creepy.

Not in a paranormal sense but because you are communicating with a individual in real life. It sounds like all the rules about being safe online are being broken here but in reality instead. You are actually in a way communicating with a real individual in a secluded place.

I have no doubt that you can look after yourself but that doesn't mean a thing. You have no idea whether you are dealing with a individual or a group of people or what their motives maybe. It's all probably innocent but it's not something I would be comfortable with.

Just take care and be safe in what you are doing.

#41 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:39 AM

Forgive me if you had stated this I don't remember from the original post. The very first time you ever walked there do you remember if you had a feeling of being there before? Like a memory of the woods from a long time ago?

Before finding the clay Buddha amulet lodged into the back of the tree, I had no interest in spirits, ghosts, power-from-nature, or any of that stuff.
I’d hiked these woods 3 times a week for almost 20 years. They are beautiful and the hiking is great exercise.
But for years I had gotten a weird vibe from this one section of trail and this one random tree. And I had seen and felt things at this spot over the years, but totally dismissed them. Then one day (in December 2009), I decided to stop and just look at this tree thinking “what the bleep is drawing me to this tree?”, and I went around the back of the tree and found the amulet.
To me, that was the first physical confirmation that something was going on here.

Initially it was not a ‘past life’ or déjà vu thing, though at times in the past year I’ve felt I’ve been to this point (spiritually) before, but THIS time around I’m going to push it as far as I can. To learn and see as much as I can.

F1_fan: Good analogy about the woods and being safe online. I get it and I appreciate it.
I think it is a combination of people and of something else.

Just now I’m reminded of something which happened about 10 years ago out there. I was walking a trail and was at a section where a little stream crosses the trail. This stream dries up in the summer. I was bending down, looking at the rocks and sand in the stream and suddenly heard and felt the impression of people charging down the trail on horses. (I have no interest in horses or people riding horses and have never seen a horse in these woods). The feeling was so strong I had to turn around and look back on the trail to make sure I wasn’t going to get run down. But I was alone.
Well, last year (spring 2009) my daughter and I started looking at this stream and finding pottery shards. (again – this was before I discovered the amulet) There are hundreds of shards and they seem to have come from the same piece of pottery – probably a pot. We’ve researched them and they appear to be from the “Woodland Indian” period.
So my mind has put those two things together and I believe the pot was dropped by someone who was being charged at by people barreling down the trail on horseback. I just happened to pick up on the vibes centuries later…

BAD_WORD, I gotta quit trying too hard to make connections between things!

#42 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:47 AM

I have to get my post count up to 30…

Here’s an example of dreaming about something and then finding it the next day.
This happened over the summer.
I hiked the woods with one of my daughters. We got to a place on the trail and I remembered having a dream, the night before, about finding a big chunk of pottery right near where we were standing. I started telling her about it as I stepped over to the spot I had dreamed about, and I reached down and picked up – no, not pottery – but a flat rock with a deep man-made grove worn into it. The groove is straight for the length of the rock (about 4” long), a half inch wide and about a half inch deep. Kind of like a tube. After researching it, it turns out it is probably used as a sharpening stone for arrows.

#43 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Here's a photo:

Posted Image

#44 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Here’s another story relating to that piece of quartz which someone removed. As I said earlier, I believe it was a boundary stone on a spoke of a large Medicine Wheel. Well, this year I had gotten into the habit of touching that quartz stone on every hike. I was actually starting to leave some kind of indentations in the quartz with my fingers. Possibly these indentations are the oils from my skin messing with the quartz. I could always get a good charge of energy from touching this stone.

So, one morning I was running late and was getting ready to leave the house and I realized I hadn’t filled the bird feeder. Now that I’m into this spiritual stuff I have to take care of my ‘relations’ (birds, animals, rocks, etc). So I went out and filled the feeder and came back into the house to get my car keys. And when I came back into the house there was this small piece of quartz in the middle of the kitchen floor – I have no idea where it came from or how it got there in the 2 minutes it took to fill the feeder – and this small quartz stone has the same finger grooves as the quartz touchstone in the woods

#45 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users