• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 DiAnn_21

DiAnn_21

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 06:42 PM

Give me a break with ", this is the light from your camera reflecting on moisture beads in the air, or it is dust particles on your lens.Don't fool yourselves",talk. Your on a ghost site. What do you expect. We are no professionals. It's all about learning here. If we were, we would be making money in this field. Most of us do it has a hobby are for fun. You do have a right for you own opinion, we do as for it, so I'm respecting that as you have to respect mine. I know some pictures are  obviously  dust and dirt on the lens and stuff, and also sometimes it's not. Why do you think we post those pic? To see what others think what it is.  I don't care that you keep saying that it's dust and stuff. That's your thought on the subject, but you don't have to keep saying that we are foolish..   Blessed be.

#17 Seven

Seven

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 07:08 PM

I feel that most legitament, honest groups/investigators do everything possible to eliminate basic causes of orbs - dust, rain, etc.  This is basic protocol and one shouldn't get lazy about keeping lenses clean, learning about cameras, checking environment, and even asking questions to learn. I also really think that this board is far from filled with foolish people - and I don't think everyone blindly accepts the orbs = ghosts theory either.  Orbs are just one of many ideas and concepts that I have seen generally quiet intelligent discussions about.  Everyone is welcome to their opinion and I enjoy that aspect, but don't assume everyone's an idiot because everyone doesn't subscribe to the same beliefs.

#18 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 09 August 2002 - 05:01 PM

Get over yourself. I am not as nice and sweet as everyone else on this board and I don't wanna lose my temper with you. So do me a big favor and stop calling us names, because you don't believe....  ::)

:-[

Give me a break with the 'orb' talk!  Folks, this is the light from your camera reflecting on moisture beads in the air, or it is dust particles on your lens.  Don't fool yourselves!  As I said in the Skeptics thread: I must have scores of ghosts following me throughout my life, because I've had plenty of 'orbs' show up on my prints.  And don't fool yourselves with cigarette smoke floating in front of your flash either!  I'm not a skeptic, I'm a realist.  Show me some REAL stuff, people!  I've seen very few of what I would believe is something "otherworldly" show up on ghost sites, but the worldly is all too obvious.  

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#19 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 09 August 2002 - 05:21 PM

Pan too bad you didnt read my response to our friend in foolish photos ( I think you would have liked it ). Its sad and can be very furstrating dealing with the closed minded ( or realist or whatever you want to call it)  but they too have their story and are worthy of some understanding( I pity them for their lack of vision and ignorance). I hope he sees an apparition in the very near future( that will certainly cure him). Many times ghosts and spirits appear to the non belivers before appearing to those who already acknowlege their existence. I think it happens like that sometimes simply because the spirit or ghost gets a bigger kick out of it and doesnt have to answer so many questions. Hehehehehehehe  ;D
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#20 DiAnn_21

DiAnn_21

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 05:33 PM

LOL! 8)

#21 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 10 August 2002 - 01:48 PM

hee hee...  ;D

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#22 Midnyte69

Midnyte69

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:40 AM

Well, on the topic of ORBS.

I just recently bought a digi cam... not top of the line or anything... just something I could use and experiment with. My cam has a digital zoom... and the other day... while taking random pictures of my house and the air and the dogs and whatever deemed to walk in front of the camera when I hit the button, I noticed that when I used the digital zoom... I started getting all kinds of Orb pictures.

Now my wife and I keep a clean house... I'm allergic to a lot of dust types... so there is not a lot of dust in the house. However, I do not live in a NASA clean room so obviously... there is still dust in the house. My thinking on this subject is that when using a digital zoom coupled with a flash... you are going to get orb pics. Simply because the camera is attempting to focus on what is in the distance... and as the dust particle is closer, it will reflect the flash and show up as an orb on the pic.

Now, I'm not saying that this is always the case... but I think anytime you use a zoom feature coupled with a flash... regardless of where you may be (including outside) you are very likely to get an orb.

#23 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:09 AM

That does seem very possible! Remember as well that anytime you use digital zoom you loose picture quality as well too, although I am sure your dog isnt 150 feet away so the quality of the pic may look great still, but you still apparently loose quality so that may have something to do with it :)
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#24 thorned

thorned

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 09:49 AM

I've taken many photos in the middle of summer where bugs are in the yard and BAM they make an 'orb' of light. This can easily happen ANYWHERE, those orbs in the graveyards could be bugs. Also could be.. just anything in the air. But, my mind is still open to orbs : I just know how to make a fake one.. And I see photos all over the place that look like my fake ones.

My experience with 'orbs' of light. Bugs/dust:
Posted Image

#25 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:23 PM

I have heard stories about orbs but I think the credibility, in this case, lies solely in the eye witness. I've seen some interesting effects from bad lighting or not having your camera adjusted correctly that have really messed up pictures I've taken, I'm not going to attribute that to orbs.

That's like saying red eye is a captured picture of a demon or a person possessed. I do believe eyewitness accounts of these things though. Eyewitness accounts appear to be fewer than the photos of the orbs though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users