Just_Call_Me_Jesse's Last Poster Wins Game

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#361 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

ANOTHER WEEKEND IS HERE!!!! Rock on!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#362 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:28 AM

Thank the gods I have Sunday and Monday off this week. And hopefully, I won't be over on Drive Through for my Saturday shift. Was on the board as being front counter today, but wound up bouncing between Centerposting, fry station, and getting drinks for drive through once one of our newbies got in at six, mostly because she isn't as strong on Centerpost and we were slammed from about 5:30 to about 7:30. Didn't bother me much, since I like being able to bounce around more, help where I'm needed and actually freakin' train. Helps my GM opened today, and that I kvetched to a couple of the managers I'm fairly friendly with about being stuck on Drive and being sick of it, so they may've mentioned it to her and to put me on a couple other places on Frontline. WorkMama didn't kvetch at me for not being on front counter today, thankfully. Probably because I was bouncing around helping out and trying to keep orders going out smoothly. The chocolate and coffee I got her at Sheetz probably helped, along with the meal I brought her in. 

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGagzEKCoPLbla5DdimF62A

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#363 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Yeah - as long as you are working hard and helping the team, hopefully you get to do that! Plus it definitely makes the time fly!

Watching two three year old pretend to be cats. They haven't learned to make everyone subservient to them, so not quite realistic yet ;)

Now off to thaw some tamales for dinner tomorrow and dress up for a garden party later (feeling very traditional - did not watch the Royal Wedding, though).

#364 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

It certainly does. Was on Drive Saturday, which kinda sucked, but meh. Did get Lucille the fry cart and three of the fry baskets scrubbed clean like my GM harped on a couple days ago. Mentioned to the RM that the baskets should be scrubbed more often to cut down on the grease/crud on Lucille and how often it needs completely scrubbed down.Thank God I've got today and tomorrow off,so I can do a bit of cleaning/laundry/sorting shizz out done.Going to get a toaster oven with mom after she gets out of work.

lol. That's adorable as heck. Kinda funny work and kitty related bit: One of our younger workers and I were randomly meowing at each other over the headsets. Probably somewhat annoyed the two managers who were on headset as well, but it amused us to no end.

Mmm, Tamales sound good. And I don't blame you on the not watching the wedding. Just listening to the BBC's coverage was a bit tiring.

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGagzEKCoPLbla5DdimF62A

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#365 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Yeah - meowing probably will have to be a one time thing - though I am cracking up thinking about you all doing that.

#366 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

Yay!!!! The weekend! And here in the States, a three day weekend! What are you all up to?

I am cleaning house :( and running errands :( and gardening :) and having a little wine and cheese :)

#367 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

And another week is upon us

#368 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Hi peoples, just reading the thread and getting all caught up. So many happenings going on specially with Nacho. Yeah I know it's late...can't sleep.

#369 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

When possible, give us an update! How is life treating you?

#370 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 AM

When possible, give us an update! How is life treating you?

Life is Busy for sure. I don't mean to sound like i'm bragging but I'm involved in so much endeavors and they take up so much of my time.

Yes, the family fish farm business is still on and that's still the main cash cow. We did have to make adjustments with regards to where our fishermen go with their boats because of whats happening in the West Philippine sea. You've probably heard on the news that the Chinese have taken over what is supposed to be our territory and they chase fishing boats that get too close. Then there are US naval ships hanging about there also watching the Chinese. So we told our fishermen to go somewhere else and fish.

Cantina is still on. I was thinking of selling off my share to my business partner and take the money but business is doing well so I didn't. We've expanded so that we're now catering to more offices in the area. I still help out in the cooking when I'm needed. Once in a while I even help out in food deliveries. I get a kick out of it when the food is delivered and the client recognizes me and say, 'this must be special if even the owner is delivering my food'.

The piece of land we have growing mangoes is still on. This is such easy money. I may have mentioned this before but we have this land where there were mangoes growing and it wasn't being used for much. When I came back from Canada a few years ago I got in contact with a major company and we worked it out that they rent out our land to grow mangoes which will then be exported as dried mangoes all over. Like I said this is easy money. The company does all the work, we provide the land, and we get paid. So if you're ever in a grocery and you see Philippine dried mangoes the mangoes might have raised from our land.

The latest venture we have is buying units in new condo developments and renting them out. So there was a time when my driver would drive me and a friend to the Manila area once a month just to visit the sales office of the condos being built. Then while we're there my friend and I would go shopping and hang out. Presently, we (my husband and I) own six condo units and we rent them out to students from abroad. We're thinking of doing the Air BnB thing but renting out to students seem feasible right now.

Like I said I'm not bragging I'm just letting you all know what I've been up to lately. All these ventures is mostly me. My husband is happy with his auto bodyshop business and auto batteries and lately tinkering around with customizing vehicles. 

I'm glad my parents sent me to Canada to study and get accepted in a business school after high school. The stuff I learned there were not in vain after all.

I could go on but I don't want to bore you all anymore. BTW I'm not in my 20's anymore. When I joined GV I was a the young one in the community chats. Time goes by fast doesn't it?  So this is axlfoley reporting from the Philippines. lol.

#371 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Not bragging - you work hard and earn what you all have and do! Sounds like you have a very good mix of things which is excellent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users