27 replies to this topic

#1 rememberyourmama

rememberyourmama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:paranormal....animals....reading

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

I use to use a regular deck of cards for people that wanted answers to questions...I found that they were pretty true to fact....I will give examples..on both I had witnesses..here goes
my daughter's friend wanted to try it....the overall questions and answers boiled down to this...it said he would be arrested..nothing major and would be over it quickly..it said he'd be arrested again further on in time..very serious and he would not get out of trouble for it...after that we asked him if he would like to have dinner with us,he said yes..was going home to take a shower and would be right back..six hours later he called to apolagize for not making dinner...he was in jail..he was pulled over for a minor traffic violation and was arrested for non payment on a ticket...a couple years later he was arrested again...very very serious...he killed his girlfriend's baby because it would not stop crying while he was babysitting the baby...not to mention he was high on drugs...and still in prison
NOW HERE'S ANOTHER CASE
my husbands niece jessie,and two other relatives were up visiting us. the men were in one room..the women in another...jessie tells my husband she wanted to go get a reading one day..he tells her to come in and talk to me...and yes...we did the same...(I forgot to tell you,she had gotten in an auto accident,her mouth was wired for her jaw) and was broken up recently from her boyfriend....the cards said that she was pregnant...was going to get back with her boyfriend but it would not last long and she was going to have a baby boy...about 1 1/2 years later my hubby and I were at a wedding...and there sat jessie with her little boy in her lap..she came running over to show me her son, she was so happy and had a really nice boyfriend...all she kept saying was how true the cards were and how everything went just as the cards said...also telling me she didn't even know she was pregnant when she came to visit but due to what the cards said, when she got home she went to the doctor's and it was confirmed.....
Perfect cases of bad readings and good readings....though I was really happy about the good reading it turned out so much better for jessie....
I have done a few others...I will not let the person ask questions about death etc...but come on folks....tell me what you think about all this...I had witnesses on both of these, so it's not a hoax.....
All good things come to those who wait...patience is a virtue

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:00 AM

Anything can be used in divination. The things you use are not important. They are known at "crutches" and that is not meant in a bad way. It is perfectly fine to use them, it's just that things like that are not really needed. And one form is not better than another. You can use whatever form you feel most comfortable with.

It is also true that the crutches are most often for the people for whom you do readings. Most people will not believe your reading unless you are using a crutch. So it's kind of like a two-way thing.
petunia4998

#3 rememberyourmama

rememberyourmama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

Anything can be used in divination.  The things you use are not important.  They are known at "crutches" and that is not meant in a bad way.  It is perfectly fine to use them, it's just that things like that are not really needed.  And one form is not better than another.  You can use whatever form you feel most comfortable with. 

It is also true that the crutches are most often for the people for whom you do readings.  Most people will not believe your reading unless you are using a crutch.  So it's kind of like a two-way thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you petunia for the information...have a great day

#4 linturner2

linturner2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Witchcraft, Horses, Cars(particularly Muscle), final fantasy games, fantasy collectibles(i.e. unicorns, wizards, dragons, fairies, etc.)

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:38 AM

I use to use a regular deck of cards for people that wanted answers to questions...I found that they were pretty true to fact....I will give examples..on both I had witnesses..here goes
my daughter's friend wanted to try it....the overall questions and answers boiled down to this...it said he would be arrested..nothing major and would be over it quickly..it said he'd be arrested again further on in time..very serious and he would not get out of trouble for it...after that we asked him if he would like to have dinner with us,he said yes..was going home to take a shower and would be right back..six hours later he called to apolagize for not making dinner...he was in jail..he was pulled over for a minor traffic violation and was arrested for non payment on a ticket...a couple years later he was arrested again...very very serious...he killed his girlfriend's baby because it would not stop crying while he was babysitting the baby...not to mention he was high on drugs...and still in prison
NOW HERE'S ANOTHER CASE
my husbands niece jessie,and two other relatives were up visiting us. the men were in one room..the women in another...jessie tells my husband she wanted to go get a reading one day..he tells her to come in and talk to me...and yes...we did the same...(I forgot to tell you,she had gotten in an auto accident,her mouth was wired for her jaw) and was broken up recently from her boyfriend....the cards said that she was pregnant...was going to get back with her boyfriend but it would not last long and she was going to have a baby boy...about 1 1/2 years later my hubby and I were at a wedding...and there sat jessie with her little boy in her lap..she came running over to show me her son, she was so happy and had a really nice boyfriend...all she kept saying was how true the cards were and how everything went just as the cards said...also telling me she didn't even know she was pregnant when she came to visit but due to what the cards said, when she got home she went to the doctor's and it was confirmed.....
Perfect cases of bad readings and good readings....though I was really happy about the good reading it turned out so much better for jessie....
I have done a few others...I will not let the person ask questions about death etc...but come on folks....tell me what you think about all this...I had witnesses on both of these, so it's not a hoax.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am Wiccan and believe very much in the supernatural. My mother reads playing cards and has had much success with it and I read Tarot cards and do the pendulum board as a form of divination and have had much success with them as well. I believe that you are right it is not a hoax. The cards can be very true to fact indeed when you know what you're doing and how to interpret them.
Freedom of Religion means ALL religionChristianity has pagan DNA

#5 rememberyourmama

rememberyourmama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:28 AM

NOW HERE'S ANOTHER CASE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am Wiccan and believe very much in the supernatural. My mother reads playing cards and has had much success with it and I read Tarot cards and do the pendulum board as a form of divination and have had much success with them as well. I believe that you are right it is not a hoax. The cards can be very true to fact indeed when you know what you're doing and how to interpret them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for your response...enjoy your day Whirly Dude

#6 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:45 AM

The cards are not a crutch..they are a tool.

It is the energy from the reader which enables the cards to tell the unfolding story.

I've been reading cards for many,many years..using both Tarot decks and actual playing cards. I enjoy using both types - Often the querant him/herself leads me to which deck to use without saying a word. A particular deck just sometimes feels right.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:27 AM

The first cards I ever used were playing cards, first simple yes/no answers then some slightly more involved. I still will grab a deck at times for a bit of insight, I have trouble with tarot, perhaps its too much to learn at least in my mind.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

#8 rememberyourmama

rememberyourmama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

The cards are not a crutch..they are a tool.

It is the energy from the reader which enables the cards to tell the unfolding story.

I've been reading cards for many,many years..using both Tarot decks and actual playing cards. I enjoy using both types - Often the querant him/herself leads me to which deck to use without saying a word. A particular deck just sometimes feels right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when holding your deck of cards...do you get a tingling sensation in your hand? Like it's telling you yes to go ahead and do the reading or no...don't do it now??Sounds wierd I know...but it seems that way to me and has proven....true to fact

#9 rememberyourmama

rememberyourmama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:34 AM

The first cards I ever used were playing cards, first simple yes/no answers then some slightly more involved.  I still will grab a deck at times for a bit of insight, I have trouble with tarot, perhaps its too much to learn at least in my mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know exactly what you mean about the tarot cards...but i'm still trying...thank you for your reply

#10 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:39 AM

Holly, you use the word "tool" and I use the word "crutch". It is the same thing. A crutch is a tool that helps you. You are quite right, though, the power comes from the reader. And like I said, it makes no difference which method one uses. I am quite good at I Ching, but I use the long method with bamboo sticks and it takes too much time for Americans to invest in. That's too bad because the reading are pretty intense. Well, it happens.
petunia4998

#11 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

in a playing deck , there would be no major arcania cards . I suppose hearts would be just that , diamonds would be money , clubs would be things comming and going and spades would be things that involve action.

Holly , does this sound right to you ?

I read a Crowley deck ( using the Golden Dawn Spread ) but have never tried it with playing cards . I suppose its possible if the above applies. Is this how it works ? It seems like a logical assumption , but I could be wrong since Ive never actually given it a shot.

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#12 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

RYM, if you're feeling a 'tingling' sensation, then you are bonding with your cards. You have chosen the correct deck.

Rock, this is an excerpt from the Tarot lessons I posted last year..

"The Minor Arcana reminds us of a normal deck of playing cards

Tarot Playing Cards

Ace 10 Ace 10
Page Not Included
Knight Jack
Queen Queen
King King

I use both a standard Tarot deck and a regular deck of cards. The latter was given to me by grandmother and holds a special meaning for me. For those of you who choose to use a special deck of playing cards, rather than a Rider-Waite deck, the correlation is as follows:

Wands Clubs
Cups Hearts
Swords Spades
Pentacles Diamonds"

Petunia, there is a difference between a tool and a crutch.

Posted Image

#13 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

Okay, Holly, I'll bite. What is the difference then?
petunia4998

#14 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

A crutch implies a weakness or impairment.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#15 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

That's a fine answer, Aloha...

Petunia,

Is your keyboard a crutch because you need it to communicate with us? Or is it a tool?

I don't chose to belabor the point. I just don't want members who are interested in Tarot to be told they are working with a crutch. They are not.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users