• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

I dont know about you, but I have very little interest (except, sometimes, astrological) in H'wood celebs, although they can be useful common-frames-of-reference.

Well, here goes: ever since New Years (nearly 3 months now) actor River Phoenix ('member him?) has been appearing in my dreams literally every night, in nearly every dream.

And I have NO idea why.

But it's messin' wid my head.

Opinions?
------------------------------------------Posted Image

#2 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

Dreams are funny things. It could be a purely symbolic dream, what is going on in your life?

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#3 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

Dreams are funny things. It could be a purely symbolic dream, what is going on in your life?

Nothing that should cause me to dream about HIM for 80 days in a row...

#4 Queen Of Cups

Queen Of Cups

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

Hi,
I find your dream intresting.I have actually had a few close people that are passed come to me in my dreams.The last one was a childhood friend who passed when she was 25 years old due to kidney transplant complications.Anyways I kept seeing her in my dreams waving me to go to the other side with her.This frightened me so the next time this happen I asked her if I was going to die? and if so how? She pointed to a particular part of her body (which i wont go to where).Two months later it was found that I had cancer in that area.(now gone after a long journey of hell) After my problems were gone I seen her one more time in a dream and her last words were "you are lucky they found it in the light and not in the dark". Still not sure of meaning but anyways maybe you shouls ask him what he wants????? If you are passing over soon??? some questions like that.Just try it and see what happens.Hope this helps.
QUEEN OF CUPS

Oh bye the way I am not trying to say your life is about over or anything like that.I just belive they come to you for a particular reason and you need to ask him why.Sorry... :)

#5 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:44 PM

Nothing that should cause me to dream about HIM for 80 days in a row...

Perhaps he has you mistaken for someone he knows then :)

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

Dreams tend to be symbolic and representative. He may be 'standing in' for something or someone in your life.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hi Spookybones, what exactly is happening in the dreams? Is he repeating certain behavior in them? I agree with Spooks that dreams are often times symbolic, so knowing a bit more about it will help to figure out what it all means. :)
oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#8 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

Hi Spookybones, what exactly is happening in the dreams? Is he repeating certain behavior in them? I agree with Spooks that dreams are often times symbolic, so knowing a bit more about it will help to figure out what it all means. :)

A lot of them I dont recall much in the way of details. Many of those that I can remember seem to be snippets of him in some degree of peril--- but not all; some are just random things happening.

It's very odd and almost silly, but has gone on too intensively for a bit too long now.

I haven't seen one of his films in ages, and while this had made me curious to go rent one, I never remember to do so because I dont think about it during my waking hours; only at night, or when I first wake up and say to myself, "oops, he did it again".

Hi,
I find your dream intresting.I have actually had a few close people that are passed come to me in my dreams.The last one was a childhood friend who passed when she was 25 years old due to kidney transplant complications.Anyways I kept seeing her in my dreams waving me to go to the other side with her.This frightened me so the next time this happen I asked her if I was going to die? and if so how? She pointed to a particular part of her body (which i wont go to where).Two months later it was found that I had cancer in that area.(now gone after a long journey of hell) After my problems were gone I seen her one more time in a dream and her last words were "you are lucky they found it in the light and not in the dark". Still not sure of meaning but anyways maybe you shouls ask him what he wants????? If you are passing over soon??? some questions like that.Just try it and see what happens.Hope this helps.
QUEEN OF CUPS

Oh bye the way I am not trying to say your life is about over or anything like that.I just belive they come to you for a particular reason and you need to ask him why.Sorry... :)

Well, it COULD be over... who knows?

But that's a thought--- if I could ask him if my days are closely numbered.

If not, then Cash from Beyond might be nice. Perhaps he can float me some.

Edited by spookybones, 16 March 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#9 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:03 PM

Back again Spooky, o.k. I looked up famous people in our dreams and this is what I found.

Famous folks in our dreams are telling us to "Go for it" by integrating the positive qualities we admire in them into our own personalities. Reflect upon what this person symbolizes for you. The primary qualities you admire may not necessariy be fame, beauty or money. You may place greater value on psychological aspects such as their drive or even recovery from an addiction or tragedy. Get in touch with these aspects of yourself and work to bring them into focus and manifestation.

Granted the part about recovery from addiction or tragedy doesn't really apply here since River Phoenix died in such a horrible way. But never the less he was a wonderful actor from a very young age and one who I personally think cried out for help but no one paid attention. Makes me so incredibly sad to think his life ended so very young when he possessed so much potential. :)

oft'time when I'm sad at heart this flow'r has giv'n me joy;So while life does remain in memoriam I'll retain,This small violet I pluck'd from mother's grave

#10 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:13 PM

Back again Spooky, o.k. I looked up famous people in our dreams and this is what I found.

Famous folks in our dreams are telling us to "Go for it" by integrating the positive qualities we admire in them into our own personalities. Reflect upon what this person symbolizes for you. The primary qualities you admire may not necessariy be fame, beauty or money. You may place greater value on psychological aspects such as their drive or even recovery from an addiction or tragedy. Get in touch with these aspects of yourself and work to bring them into focus and manifestation.

Granted the part about recovery from addiction or tragedy doesn't really apply here since River Phoenix died in such a horrible way. But never the less he was a wonderful actor from a very young age and one who I personally think cried out for help but no one paid attention. Makes me so incredibly sad to think his life ended so very young when he possessed so much potential. :(

Hmmm... Very interesting, MaryKelly... Well, Mr. Phoenix and I were both raised by a family of maniacal vegetarians.
:lol:

Edited by spookybones, 16 March 2006 - 11:13 PM.

#11 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:45 PM

Granted the part about recovery from addiction or tragedy doesn't really apply here since River Phoenix died in such a horrible way. But never the less he was a wonderful actor from a very young age and one who I personally think cried out for help but no one paid attention. Makes me so incredibly sad to think his life ended so very young when he possessed so much potential. :(

Hmmm... Very interesting, MaryKelly... Well, Mr. Phoenix and I were both raised by a family of maniacal vegetarians.

:( Maniacal vegetarians - gave me a fit of giggles.

I really do wish River Phoenix was still with us though, watching Stand by Me still brings tear's to my eyes, I think he could have been a lasting star. Make a note Spooky and rent one of his movies, could be a message in one of them too, you never know. Keep us posted though! :)

#12 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

I really do wish River Phoenix was still with us though, watching Stand by Me still brings tear's to my eyes, I think he could have been a lasting star. Make a note Spooky and rent one of his movies, could be a message in one of them too, you never know. Keep us posted though! :)

You're quite right. And if anybody seems to be Standing By Me right now, it's him... So much so, my Idaho seems not so Private at all !.

#13 MaryKelly

MaryKelly

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:18 AM

You're quite right. And if anybody seems to be Standing By Me right now, it's him... So much so, my Idaho seems not so Private at all !.

:) :( :lol:

#14 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:25 AM

Interesting topic! I'm not really into movie stars and don't have a "crush" on any. Not like the good old days when I almost fainted every time I saw Shawn Cassidy (not even sure of the spelling anymore!), Leif Garrett, and then Rick Springfield. Ahhh... to be young and innocent again.

Anyways... I have a recurring dream (and my mom always had the same dream!) that has been going on for YEARS! Me, my mom, and Russell Crowe are sitting in a valley type place having a picnic. We are in clothing of a different period (mom and I have on gowns, and he is in black pants, boots and a white shirt. Our horses are nearby grazing. I can never remember what's said, but we're all talking and laughing and blissfully happy. It really is an absolutely WONDERFUL dream and I feel great when I wake up.

Another recurring dream: Prince William and I are sometimes cousins and sometimes good friends. We're eating out, or having drinks, or just hanging out talking. I've gotta say that I'm almost old enough to be his mom and he NEVER enters my mind while I'm awake. It's very strange - but I'm always happy when I wake up.

And last but not least. I have had nightmares since I was about 12 of being shot in the head. My only guess is that it happened in a previous life??? Anyway.. for years and years, it's Robert Downey Jr. that pulls the trigger- no matter what the scenario.

Very strange.
Posted Image

#15 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

(...)
And last but not least. I have had nightmares since I was about 12 of being shot in the head. My only guess is that it happened in a previous life??? Anyway.. for years and years, it's Robert Downey Jr. that pulls the trigger- no matter what the scenario.

Very strange.

Do you remember Downey's courthouse quote a few years ago about putting the shotgun to his mouth and liking the taste of the metal?
------------------------------------------Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users