Dead celebrities... WTF??

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:53 PM

My mother always said that when you dream of someone who has died, it means they are in need of prayers for their soul. Which could be interesting due to his death by overdose - and his hypocrocy by participating in anti-drug campaigns while an active addict.

Dreams are also very symbolic. What if it had something more to do with the name? River - flowing water, etc. Phoenix - a bird that lives 100 years, bursts into flames and rises anew from the ashes. Do any of those images speak to you?
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#17 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

My mother always said that when you dream of someone who has died, it means they are in need of prayers for their soul. Which could be interesting due to his death by overdose - and his hypocrocy by participating in anti-drug campaigns while an active addict.

Dreams are also very symbolic. What if it had something more to do with the name? River - flowing water, etc. Phoenix - a bird that lives 100 years, bursts into flames and rises anew from the ashes. Do any of those images speak to you?

Hmmm... Hard to say.

We all like water. And I'm afraid to fly (mostly into tall building or the ground).

But otherwise, I dunno.

#18 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:36 AM

It is entirely possible that he represents someone else but is appearing as River Phoenix. It's probably best not to dwell too much on that detail - or on the dream at all. You can get stuck on a dream sometimes and totally overlook the fact that sometimes a dream doesn't mean anything. You may be dreaming it over and over because you keep thinking about it - like a needle stuck in a scratch on an LP. You think of it, it stays in your subconscience, and then you dream about it, causing you to think of it, it stays in...see what I mean?

Who knows for sure? The brain is complicated and we can make more of things than we need to.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#19 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

It is entirely possible that he represents someone else but is appearing as River Phoenix. It's probably best not to dwell too much on that detail - or on the dream at all. You can get stuck on a dream sometimes and totally overlook the fact that sometimes a dream doesn't mean anything. You may be dreaming it over and over because you keep thinking about it - like a needle stuck in a scratch on an LP. You think of it, it stays in your subconscience, and then you dream about it, causing you to think of it, it stays in...see what I mean?

Who knows for sure? The brain is complicated and we can make more of things than we need to.

You may very well be right... Although it's not the same dream over-and-over; just the same person.

:Spaz:
------------------------------------------Posted Image

#20 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

Do you remember Downey's courthouse quote a few years ago about putting the shotgun to his mouth and liking the taste of the metal?

Ewww.. No, I never heard that. Creepy. :)

EDIT: just fixed the BB Code

Edited by aloha_spirit, 20 March 2006 - 11:03 AM.

Posted Image

#21 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

Hi folks.... I've been away from this site for a while now trying to straighten up my life (with little success, but thanks for asking).

Anyway, if you review this thread, you'll see my problem.

As it says, during the first few months of this year, I dreamnt about the deceased actor River Phoenix almost every night... I'm not a crazed fangurl/boy either, so this couldn't easily be explained to me.

Well, those dreams have lightened up since March or April, but he has continued to appear with inordinate frequency... And sometimes I'll think I didn't dream about him the previous night, and then a few minutes after waking up, I'll suddenly recall that I DID...... yet again.

I've gotten so used to it during 2006, it's no longer all that bothersome, but it's still terribly weird.

And then, a few nights ago, he appeared one more time... only THIS time, he was sitting and talking directly TO me--- only I couldn't hear him... His lips were moving but no sound reached me.

(I know all this sound totally ludicrous, but it's what's been happening nocturnally since the start of this year).

Opinions? Especially about the most recent silent-speaking dream?

Edited by spookybones, 12 October 2006 - 08:24 PM.

#22 crittertech1

crittertech1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:I have been a veterinary Tech.for 12 years so I guess animals.I am also learning to play guitar. Any help is welcome<br />I am a fan of Axl Rose and Shannon Hoon(Blind Melon)and I love the Packers (^@^)

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

You are very lucky Are you well now?

#23 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

You are very lucky Are you well now?

Whirly Dude

Thanks for the thoughtful answer, crittertech1.

My question now (as the subject of the dream was discussed here a few months ago) is more: what does anybody know about dreams in which dead people are talking to you but cannot be heard.

This is a new wrinkle.

#24 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:43 PM

OH!!!

Something I'd COMPLETELY forgotten about until now--- we did have a mutual semi-friend whom I knew at the time Phoenix died! It's someone I haven't seen in 10 years herself--- and she's never been involved in any of these dreams (if she had been, I would have remembered that connection). :)

Anyway, I now feel totally stupid for not having recalled that at all... But also still doesn't answer anything--- or explain the most recent silent-speaking dream.

#25 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

And then, a few nights ago, he appeared one more time... only THIS time, he was sitting and talking directly TO me--- only I couldn't hear him... His lips were moving but no sound reached me.
Opinions? Especially about the most recent silent-speaking dream?

Is there some way you could get him to write down a few words that you could read? Perhaps he is trying to communicate something to you. If you can't ask him, perhaps you can gesture about writing in your dreams.

Why not consult with a psychic?
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#26 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

Is there some way you could get him to write down a few words that you could read? Perhaps he is trying to communicate something to you. If you can't ask him, perhaps you can gesture about writing in your dreams.

Why not consult with a psychic?

Well, I'm not sure how to get him to cooperate.

Discussing this on another thread, it's obvious to me why I never thought of our mutual aquaintance in the 9 months since the dreams started: the "connection" was so trivial; the girl I knew who knew him wasn't that close to me, I only knew her a couple of years, and he wasn't something she talked about... It was suggested to me that perhaps he was sending me a message that had to do with her, but that seems unlikely since she's been out of my life for a decade (and I have no idea where she is or how to contact her even if I wanted to).
It was also suggested that perhaps I was about to enter into a period where some things that were going on in my life at the time I knew her (and he died) might be coming up again, in some way.

I dunno... A psychic is something I've thought about... We'll see.

#27 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:59 PM

On the subject of Dead Celebrities, my Cousin Billy the Kid comes to see me almost nightly. But then, we enjoy spending as much time together as possible. We were Husband and Wife in last lifetime, so it makes sense that the Bond would continue.

#28 spookybones

spookybones

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:13 PM

On the subject of Dead Celebrities, my Cousin Billy the Kid comes to see me almost nightly. But then, we enjoy spending as much time together as possible. We were Husband and Wife in last lifetime, so it makes sense that the Bond would continue.

How did you find out you were married?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users