• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#61 ZinnianWolf

ZinnianWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:51 PM

The fact that some of your dreams come true is amazing.  You can have the dreams analyzed and see what comes out of it.  I have the same dream all of the time. I am closing a bridge with water under it.  I get to the middle of the bridge and it starts to crumble.  I always make it back to where I started, but I never get across.  I am afraid sometimes to make big steps and I notice that when I think about how close I am to acheiving a goal I set for myself, I either back out, or get terrible scared and wind up  completing it by the skin of my teeth.  When I get the urge to back out even though I may want to reach my goal so bad it hurts, I get the dreams.  Lately though I have been having terrible nightmares since I started back at school.  Some of them are so bad that I stay up until the next morning and doze off on occasion in the back of class.

#62 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:41 AM

Zinnian I hope you can cross that bridge....Only you have the power over your own success. Whaetever you want to do, you can do! Your mind is your strongest asset. If you believe in your mind you can do it, you will be able ot. Sometimes it helps to even verbalize positive things.

I had a weird one last night. I think it had to do with GhostVillage.

I looked out my window and saw a huge vulture on the telephone line, but not threatening, more beautiful and strong. Then next to it appeared an owl with a bright red feather straight up on top of it's head. Then parrots started to appear in the trees, all different colors and sizes.

Then this creature which in my dream i considered a whooly mammoth appeared with a dog in his mouth. I was terrified and brought my dogs into the house.

So, Vulture-->>Hawkerdriver
Owl-->>OwlGoddess
Parrots-->>All my fellow colorful GVers
Whooly Mammoth-->>>MoonChild

HA hA

What do you think Whispers? ;D ;D

I guess I've been spending too much time in the GV Asylum!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#63 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 17 February 2004 - 12:20 PM

Briget..How did you find the way out?  I have to admit that lately the dreams have seemed to start.  They go in cycles that I can not seem to control.  Maybe I do need a real padded cell after all.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#64 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:00 PM

KarenSue, when you are so stressed in your life, the reoccuring dreams seem to happen. Finding the way out means changing the things in your life that are stressing you and then the dreams will go away.

When I was younger, I used to have tidal wave dreams ALL the time. Then I had reoccuring dreams (not the same one, but same theme) that I suddenly found out my parents were Satan worshipers. I was in my teenage years, and the stress of school and everything represented the overwhelming feeling of the powerlessness of the tidal waves. I was rebellious towards my parents, hence the negative satan worshippers. I really don't have very many bad dreams anaymore, Life is Good!

Tell me KarenSue, what are the bad dreams you are having?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#65 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 09:26 PM

Bridget,

Down feel bad I've had dreams with villagers in it, one though a male here was playing a teenage girl
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#66 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,963 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:49 PM

So, Vulture-->>Hawkerdriver
Owl-->>OwlGoddess
Parrots-->>All my fellow colorful GVers
Whooly Mammoth-->>>MoonChild

HA hA

lol, now that is funny ;) well, if you have watched the movie ICE AGE you will know :) I guess I have lots in commonwith that Mammoth Character, some hard past, trying to let it go, but then, thru the hard mask, but he is friendly and will go the limits for friends :)

THANKS ALL for being there :-*

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#67 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:55 AM

Zin-Zin, by many definitions of interpretations, water represents emotions, so the bridge I'm thinking is a way to bypass some sort of emotional trauma, therapy or working through a time of emotional turmoil. The bridge crumbling may be your own fear of this bypass failing and in so doing plunging/being plunged back into a potentially destructive pattern. Of course this is speculation, as the symbols of a dream are from the dreamer's sub-consious, they are very highly individual, feel me?

Going back to school is incredibly challenging and can create havoc on the psyche, you're competing with younger minds/newer/fresher ideas, so its natural that on an S-C level you'd kind of doubt yourself...you can do this, Zinnian, for yourself, for your daughter ;D Dude...you SO don't want me showing up in a cheerleader outfit

Okay, I never saw Ice Age...but think Ray Romano did the voice-over for the mammoth*LOL*Never mind, Moon, I can see where you'd complain...he does kind of come off as a whiney
little boy
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#68 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

Promise not to laugh, that a vampire is coming after me.  That ghosts are out to hurt me.  They are not really scary to say, but the content of them bother me.  I feel very uncomfortable when they happen.

#69 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:09 PM

Hey, KS!
Okay, lets look at the symbolism of the Vampire*forgive me all you Vamp fans*According to the Church's doctrine, they're an abomination in the eyes of God because their state of being is largely through their own doing, murder, heresy and suicide. For the sake of an interpretation, they feed on the living, draining people of vitality, resources or even emotions, this may be a person or a situation

Hun, what did you mean about the contents of the ghosts?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#70 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:25 AM

That the ghosts are out to hurt my friends and family.  In the dreams I have to save them.  Sometimes they can be pretty intense.  

#71 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:10 PM

Hawker is a vulture!  Thanks Bridget!  LOL!!  Hmmm, a cheerleading fetish eh Whiskers????
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#72 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:48 PM

Hawkies!!! shhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-X :-X

Karen...maybe events from the past remanifesting or someone from the past re-surfacing?

#73 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

Not that I am aware of, but I know that there are some things in my past that I need to work out.  I had a very bad marriage.  I wonder if that is what it could be.  I was afraid that he was going to seriously hurt me.  He was younger than me.  My boyfriend now is younger than me.  I see what you mean there.

#74 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:45 AM

KS,
Not to sound like a Doomjaws, but sometimes after a traumatic experience, our subconscious looks for recurring patterns from the event-no matter how inconsequential it may seem-and sometimes we see them if they're there or not :-/

#75 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 02:17 PM

Thanks Whispers, when I grow up can I be as smart as you are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users