• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 saint_helens

saint_helens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:55 PM

will my wife thought it would be cute to bring home one of them silly ouija boards. can anyone tell her shes getting way over her head with this :)
live every day as if it were your last because one of these days, it will be.

#2 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:06 PM

A ouija board is nothing to fool around with you can bring spirits into your home that can cause real problems. You never know what or who you are really contacting. There have been times when people have brought demons into their homes and it is a real possibility that these creatures have been known to rape their victims and of course there is the chance of possession and never for any reason use the board alone.Never force a conversation. Don't make rude or selfish demands. Never place the emphasis on yourself.and never take the answers for granted analyze, challenge! Express your doubts. Ask for proof .If the planchette suddenly stops working never insist that it do so. Don't push or force the issue. If you feel overwhelmed or threatened, stop immediately. Please be careful if you go through with using the board. I wish you luck and protection.

#3 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:48 PM

Yeah I'm with Trudy. My best advice from personal experience would be to break it in half and throw it in the trash before she gets to use it. :)
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#4 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:58 PM

I personally don't think that ouiji boards are bad. I have had great experiences with them. You just need to know how to use them correctly. Here's a great link for someone just starting out. Some people consider a ouiji board as a game and that it's just "for fun", and that's the number one reason why they end up inviting a bad spirit/demon into the home, they don't really know what they're doing and that's a huge beacon for any spirit.
http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/

Good luck! If you have any questions please feel free to ask me or to ask someone on the religion discussion board.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,898 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image to GV SaintHelen. Hope you enjoy the stay with us.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#6 saint_helens

saint_helens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:06 AM

yea i had my wife read this post but shes laughing at me like it is some joke! :unsure: little does she know when she heads out for town these few weeks i'm throwing it out. knowing her she'll keep buying one our borrow one from the kid next door. <_<
live every day as if it were your last because one of these days, it will be.

#7 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:27 AM

haha you are kidding right? I own two Ouija boards myself. Ignorance will hurt you, not the board. I suggest you go to that link that Harmony posted and get educated... :)

If I were a millionaire, I would have a bigger talking board museum than the guy in the link.... Talking boards are a neat TOOL.

:D
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#8 quiet_ghost

quiet_ghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:43 AM

Ahhhh yes the Ouija board was invented in the early 1890s. It was promoted as half game and half seance medium and some, I for one, consider the Ouija to be much more than just a game. I read that the Ouija board was extremely popular during and after World War I when many people were desperate to communicate with loved ones killed in battle. So your wife may be on to something. The spiritualist theory is the belief that spirits who have important information to share with the living will communicate in the board.

But then again spiritualist theory backers who believe that no one should ever use the Ouija board. They feel that malevolent forces may disguise themselves as good and cause emotional damage to the user of the board. They offer as proof, the many accounts of demonic possession reported by "experts" on the occult and demonology.

So the best thing to do is to tell your wife the consequences and make sure that you included reminding her that she should be prepared for anything.

#9 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:38 AM

I have never heard that the Spiritualist church believes that talking boards are harmful. Just unnecessary. You don't need to use these types of devices if you wish to contact spirit. This is what I was taught in seminars held by ordained ministers of the national church.
I have one, and have had it for about thirty years. I am with Harmony and Tkite - they can be fun and easy to learn about spirit communication if you go about it the right way. Go to that link - thanks, btw -loved it - and learn about it. I don't use my ouija board for the most part because it seems a lot harder to make contact that way. I bring it out when a friend is curious about the spirit world and wants to give it a go.

Saint Helens - there is a saying that A little knowledge is a bad thing. That means that only finding out some information will hurt you more that help. Learn all you can about the subject - any subject and be informed before making decisions.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#10 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,141 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

welcome to GV saint_helens....all i have to say is "get rid of it". i don't want to repeat myself here...there are a few threads on GV you should check out and i would look them over before you do anything with the board.

Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#11 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

I think Saint Helens is gonna blow his top.......

hehehe...... :)

#12 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:05 PM

I always say you should trust your gut. If your gut instinct is to get rid of it, then get rid of it. Posted Image
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#13 Audryna

Audryna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation- both scientific and psychic, Old Cemeteries, animals and wildlife rehab, Earth based Spirituality<br>The night time, and all of it's inhabitants

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

yea i had my wife read this post but shes laughing at me like it is some joke! :unsure: little does she know when she heads out for town these few weeks i'm throwing it out. knowing her she'll keep buying one our borrow one from the kid next door. <_<

Well, I agree with the folks who are saying that the best bet is to educate one's self, as in all things, that is the truth.

I really think that it is wrong to throw away someone else's stuff behind their back, though!

It may not be the thing for you, but perhaps it's going to work out just great for her. Some people who use the boards do really well with them and they are a great asset to learning and growing spiritually.

I wish I had better ability with them. I work really well with a pendulum and it has been a very helpful tool for me on a few occassions. I'd really miss it if it, errrr 'disappeared'! As long as she is considerate and knowledgable of the proper ways in working with her board I think it will be fine :)

Audryna

#14 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:38 PM

Before your wife uses the board tell her to go to her local book store and pick up a book called Ouija The Most Dangerous Game. It explains all things good and bad. It is a very good read! The author of the book is Stoker Hunt and the price of the book is $13.00.

#15 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 12:38 AM

Trudy gets a cut of the profits on that book by the way..... ;)

lol :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users