What is missing in ghost hunting books?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jjrakman

jjrakman

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

I am currently doing research for the 2nd edition of my book, The Art of Ghost Hunting, and I thought this would be a great place to ask this question.

Out of all the ghost hunting books you've read, what do you think is missing?

And what would you like to read?

#2 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

Hey don't I know you. :Wall: Shhhh... ;) Let's see what is missing. I'm going to think about that and get back to you. Interesting though.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#3 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

Stressing common sense when doing an investigation. This should be a major factor when setting down protocols for your group or as an individual GH. Know your limitations and the limitations of your equipment AND, above all, keeping things simple.

Over aggressiveness on an investigation is not an uncommon occurrence, ordering, instead of asking, spirits to manifest, move things or otherwise making themselves known is not good policy.

Richard

"He who asserts must also prove" - Aristotle

#4 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:17 PM

Possibly a section on physical feelings felt by people when spirits touch them or use their energy on them and some detailed descriptions of the feelings and what it can be likened to so people have a good idea of how they can be felt. I think a lot more people have had spirit physically touching them but dont realise half the time.

There are lots of sensations that spirit can cause to people.

#5 DeadWatch

DeadWatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:31 PM

Stressing common sense when doing an investigation. This should be a major factor when setting down protocols for your group or as an individual GH. Know your limitations and the limitations of your equipment AND, above all, keeping things simple.

Over aggressiveness on an investigation is not an uncommon occurrence, ordering, instead of asking, spirits to manifest, move things or otherwise making themselves known is not good policy.

Richard

I think you said it all Richard...BRAVO!!!
Todd BanksFounder/DirectorThe DeadWatch SocietyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Kathy L

Kathy L

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Horse Camping,reading,Hunting ghost,making Native american items,Teaching living history to scouts.Training my Welsh onys and showing them.trying out as many of the equipment to see what works best for us.

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Richard

I think you said it all Richard...BRAVO!!!

Boy did you hit the nail on the head.Above all safty for the team and the client is above all the most important.it would not do to fall through a floor and become a spirit that they one day investigate.
Kathy L
It is not the dead we should fear but the living who walk among us with distorted thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users