Passed On?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mule

mule

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hello everyone! I have a question that has been bothering me for a while. First, I'll explain myself. Ever since I was little, I've been able to tell when someone else is around. It's the feeling that someone is watching you. I never noticed it till I was around 7 or 8 and we moved to the house my parents are currently living in. (I'm now almost 23) I would hear door's closing, when my parents were two houses away at my grandparent's house. I once heard two females talking in the house, when nobody was home. My sensitivity to it got stronger a month and a half before my grandfather died. Six year's ago, a month and half before my grandfather died, I woke up one day with a weight on my chest. I felt horrible. Sad, depressed and I felt like I was in mourning. I told my best friend at the time everyday for that month and half that someone close to me was going to die. I just felt it. The mourning I felt is what you feel when you lose a loved one. October of 2004 my grandfather passed away of a sudden heart attack in his garage. It was like everything went into slow motion. Everything came rushing back to me and I realized that I had been right all along.

After he passed, my grandma came to live with us. She was in late stages of Alzheimer and couldn't take care of herself. My mom and I were in their house looking for Christmas decorations when all of a sudden I had this strong feeling that something was watching us. You know, when the hairs stand up on your arms and you get the chills. I looked around and asked my mom, "Do you feel like we're being watched?" She said that she felt it too. This was the first time that it scared me. I felt threatened. (I wasn't close to my grandpa. He use to beat my mom, oldest aunt and my grandma when my mom and them were younger. He even abused my grandma months before he passed. I didn't have much love for him.) Then it started happening in my parents house. My grandma started seeing and talking to him. My mom kept hearing what sounded like a man wearing boots walking up and down our hallway at night (my grandpa always wore boots). We had melted candle wax end up on top of the coffee table underneath the scarf, when brand new candles hadn't even been lit yet. One time, I felt someone walk past me. When I looked to see if it was my grandma's nurse, nobody was there and the door was closed. After my grandma passed, my brother and I witnessed three picture frames flying off a shelf at the same time for no reason.

When I met my fiance I automatically felt a protective presence around him. Not threatening in anyway. But it was like someone is hanging around him just to protect him. I could tell it was male and that it was either a brother or another male relative of his. Come to find out, his brother committed suicide back in 2000. Him and my fiance had been close. When he told me about his brother I said, "That's it!" He looked at me puzzled. I said, "I've been feeling him around you. I just couldn't figure out how he was related to you. He's protecting you. He wants you to know that." He got quiet and I apologized for just blurting it out and asked if that sounded like something his brother would do. He said his brother was very protective of him when he was alive. I now feel his brother around me. Maybe he's taken me in as a sister and is protecting me also. I'm not sure.

That's only the tip of the iceberg of what I've felt concerning spirits. My mother, my late grandmother, both of my aunts and my great aunt have the ability to sense things like I do. However, they have dreams of things happening and then it comes true. I haven't had that. My ability of sensing spirits being around is stronger than the other ladies in my family.

Now to my question. I'm currently expecting my first child (due in Dec.). It'll be the first for me and my fiance. (He has no other children and neither do I.) Is it possible for this ability to be passed on to different generations or could it just be a coincidence that we all have sensitive abilities? (sorry this post is so long.)

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:50 PM

Personally, I don't believe that sensitivity to spirits is an ability that cannot be inherited because I believe everybody has it.

Nevertheless, it surely does seem to be prevalent in your family, doesn't it? I think it's a wonderful ability and I hope you do too.

Children are very prone to see spirits because their 3rd eyes are still open. I hope this is an ability you will foster.

Trust me, it i not really a scary thing. :clap:
petunia4998

#3 LukasOwen

LukasOwen

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

I beg to differ, I mean we inherit personality traits that are similar to are parents and their parents and so on. I really don't see why we can't inherit some ability in the spiritual sense of things. However it may skip a generation, best example is my dad is a great artist and can draw portraits freehand in full detail, and I cannot draw a straight line for the life of me.

#4 Dick@Extreme Vision

Dick@Extreme Vision

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

Also they have recently discovered that memories can be genetic. For example you can feel like you have been to a place but you have never been there. Come to find out your parents spent a large amount of time there.

#5 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Now that is interesting for sure. Really makes me thing about places I've been and thought I had been there before.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users