• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

It's usually quiet in our house. However, there are periods of activity that lasts about two weeks. This happens two to three times every year. A new period has started.
Let me start by first explaining the layout of our house. We have a small utility room that is just big enough for our washer and dryer. This is connected to our bathroom. On the other side of the bathroom is the door to our bedroom. Since the utility room is so small, I put up a coat hanger that is about 3 inches tall to hang our laundry basket on. We also keep the hamper there and it sits between the washer and dryer.
A little over a week ago, the wife and I were lying in bed with the lights out and just talking. We both noticed this dark wispy figure standing along the wall next to the bed next to the door. It just stood there and watched us for about an hour. We even talked about it while it was still there. The vibes that we got from that was a very neutral. It was just there to observe.
A couple nights later, I was awoken in the middle of the night to hear crash and the cat running away and yowling. When I got up in the morning, I saw that the hamper was knocked over. This isn't the first time that he did this so I didn't think much about it at first. The unusual thing is that he rarely goes into the bathroom and almost never goes into the utility room. Whenever he does, it is when one of us is already in the room. And when he knocks something over, he just runs. He rarely meows for anything and never if he is startled by his own clumsiness.
Two nights later I have a small dream. I'm kneeling at the foot of my bed as if I'm about to pray. An invisible spirit comes up to me from behind. It pushes my head down into the bed and tosses a blanket over me. It was a rather violent push. The feelings that I got from this is that it wanted to hurt me and hopefully smother me. It wanted me to die.
A couple more days go by. This was last evening about 8:00 PM. My wife and I have just finished folding laundry and I put the laundry basket back up on the hook in the utility room about 1/2 hour earlier. My wife is in the bathroom and I am sitting on the bed in the bedroom and we're talking. She's facing the open utility room door and sees the laundry basket lift up and crash to the floor. I thought that maybe I had been sloppy in the way I placed the basket, but upon examination I found that it was impossible to do so. The only way to hang the basket is to have the hook running through the side handle and hanging securely. To remove the basket, it has to be lifted about 3 inches up before pulling it out.
I've had plenty of small experiences with spirits all my life, but each of these are completely unique. There's a very angry spirit in this house and I don't know who it is or where it comes from. I expect that like the other spirits, it will just move on in a few days. By this weekend things will be back to quiet again.

#2 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Interesting story. Keep us posted if things continue. Seems more mischievous than malevolent, aside from the dream. Just standing and observing you, and then the clothes basket, that doesn't seem to threatening to me. But then again, this could just be the start Posted Image

Very curious to see if anything else happens.
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

I love your attitude LarryL. Seems you just take it all in stride.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

My best advise, if things continue is to take charge of your home. Exclaim in a loud and confident voice that "This is my house, and you are not welcome here!" I've done this in the past, and it has worked. Also, a little sage smuding can't hurt. It kinda clears the energies.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#5 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Puti -
Thank you! It has become enough of a routine now that I don't get too freaked out about it. These spirits aren't nearly as scary as the ones that I had to deal with as a youth.

DukeofBoogie -
I did smudge after the laundry basket incident. And I have had to tell spirits in other occasions to leave. Fortunately that does work.

To update:
Two more nights after the last incident and this time the sprit has calmed down. I spotted in the morning that in the living room a stand with a tall vase and flowers had been pulled back from the wall about one foot. With the tall vase being easy to tip over, this takes care and steadiness to do.
Two more nights (last night) and nothing more. This period has come to a close, I believe.

#6 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I used to have the same issue wit hwanering spirits passing through. Some could get a little troublesome at times. Lately though, the old place has been quite. I'm glad things have calmed down for you.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

I know what you mean Larry.... when I was a child, I think I was about 4 years old, I ran screaming to my mother with fear because of someone I saw in the cellar. she never believed me! She actually popped me on the behind one time and told me to stop telling stories. I told her less and less of them. It seemed easier to keep it all to myself. I really prayed to my guardian angel at bed time! When I became an adult with children of my own and looked back at it all, I realized that she was very afraid of these things. Not so with my Dad though.
Might be a good thing that my Mom handled things the way she did. Made a pray-er out of me which serves me to this day.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#8 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Puti -
Wow. I can very much relate. My dad was more 'in tune' with such things and my mom was just...in denial I guess. And it certainly kept me spiritually aware. I guess in a way it has actually helped me in some ways, now that you put it that way.
And now that i think back, Mom told me my dad sometimes dabbled with occult things. Maybe that had something to do with it. My brother and I found a Ouija board back in the closet once.

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

My Dad, I think, came about his "sensitivity" naturally. Seems his whole Scots-Irish family were like that. ( No ouija boards allowed in a Catholic home in those days!!! )
My Mom pooo poooed it all! She told him he didn't know what he was talking about.
As a kid I was always listening to the adult conversations. I remember one time, as soon as my Dad got in the door, he was telling my Mom that if she ever smelled sulphur in the hall, to take the kids and go to her mother's. So I asked what was that smell like. He just told me it was like rotten eggs but didn't explain further. That was the apartment building where I hated walking past a certain point in the hall because under the stairs I always heard whispering. I didn't connect it though. The basement was even scarier as it had floating lights.
So, my parents seemed to balance each other out. Me, as the oldest, had to keep all this to myself and also that oldest child feeling of protecting my siblings from I didn't know what.
Really, I believe we all grow up in the families where we're suppose to be for our own soul growth. It does make us, like you said, spiritually aware.

#10 Larry L.

Larry L.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Same here. My dad had his sensitivity naturally, and I inherited it from him.
We moved a lot and there were a few older houses that clearly had spirits in them. Seemed that I was the only one that realized it. I spent a lot of mights scared to death and nobody to talk to about it. But it gave me lots of experience and understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users