2012!

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#31 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

Okay, maybe this is the corniest prophecy yet of 2012 that I remember from many years ago....it was actually on the Discovery channel. They predicted that the year 2012 is the day when electronics and electrical circuits, wires, and appliances will turn on mankind. I remember this show so clearly because I was laughing so daggone hard about the depiction of a man being attacked by his iron. (Not sure if I was laughing because he was being attacked, or the effort that a man was actually doing his own ironing...lol!) Kinda like the movie the Terminator. It had something to do with the electromagnetic, tehtonic plate factors, and gravitational pull that will effect our electric system. Lord, knows my computer has already turned on me enough times...LOL...Julie

Just watch out for that tractor/trailer with the clown face on the front. He's the leader, we'll all be pumping Diesel for the rest of our lives!!!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#32 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:23 AM

Okay, maybe this is the corniest prophecy yet of 2012 that I remember from many years ago....it was actually on the Discovery channel. They predicted that the year 2012 is the day when electronics and electrical circuits, wires, and appliances will turn on mankind. I remember this show so clearly because I was laughing so daggone hard about the depiction of a man being attacked by his iron. (Not sure if I was laughing because he was being attacked, or the effort that a man was actually doing his own ironing...lol!) Kinda like the movie the Terminator. It had something to do with the electromagnetic, tehtonic plate factors, and gravitational pull that will effect our electric system. Lord, knows my computer has already turned on me enough times...LOL...Julie

Just watch out for that tractor/trailer with the clown face on the front. He's the leader, we'll all be pumping Diesel for the rest of our lives!!!

LOL!!! I'm not sure if that would be such a bad thing....diesel is still cheaper than regular gas right now!

Annie...YEP! You must have been watching the same show....wasn't the reenactmants a hoot!! I had forgotten all about the animals....wasn't the guy attacked by little bunnies in his front yard...LOL!! It really was an interesting program despite the reenactments. Now I have also heard that our interpretation of the Mayan Calander is off by a couple months....like the instead of Dec. 12th / or 21st. it really will not happen till May the following year...anyone else heard this? Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#33 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:54 AM

Now I have also heard that our interpretation of the Mayan Calander is off by a couple months....like the instead of Dec. 12th / or 21st. it really will not happen till May the following year...anyone else heard this? Julie

I vaguely remember hearing some type of prophecy about May, 2013...but I don't know if it was related to the same topic...?
Posted Image

#34 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

~I heard the same thing about the month being May. :clap: :lol:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#35 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:21 AM

Don't worry be happy.....
I may not even be here at that time so everyday is my last.
I really like to watch those shows that are allways trying to predic the furture.
I also rememeber the talk of the milleum too. I choose to think its amusement and don't put any worry time to it.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#36 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

Don't worry be happy.....
I may not even be here at that time so everyday is my last.
I really like to watch those shows that are allways trying to predic the furture.
I also rememeber the talk of the milleum too. I choose to think its amusement and don't put any worry time to it.

Ah yes, how soon we forget about the dreaded Y2K bug! My Windows 98 computer rolled over without a hitch. Shortly after, the computer "experts" were all patting themselves on the back for working it all out when the truth was that nothing was going to need fixing.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#37 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

Ah yes, how soon we forget about the dreaded Y2K bug! My Windows 98 computer rolled over without a hitch. Shortly after, the computer "experts" were all patting themselves on the back for working it all out when the truth was that nothing was going to need fixing.

As one of those computer experts, let me say there was lots of potential for bad things to happen. Companies and governments poured billions of dollars into making sure everything went smoothly, and since it did many outside the computer industry are calling it all unnecessary. Since there were only a few glitches (the biggest was one nuclear power plant went offline) we cannot determine if us programmers avoided disaster.

A similar problem will arise 19 Jan 2038 at 03:14:06 UTC, when 32 bits will no longer be enough to store the number of seconds since the Epoch (1 Jan 1970 at midnight UTC). This is significant because most 32 bit operating systems (including Windows Vista) internally store dates in this format. 64-bit operating systems won't face this problem until some 290 billion years in the future. All dual and quad core CPUs have 64-bit capability, so we should make the transition to 64-bits before 2038.

Systems still using the 2-year band aide applied to fix the y2k problem (2 digit years) will face a similar problem in 2070 when the computers won't know if 70 means 1970 or 2070.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#38 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

Darn I'll only be 84 in 2038. :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#39 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

the programme I watched.. Im not a believer or anything so I dont know anything about what your saying but i quote from the programme they said gods gonna come down, sword... mouth... masacre... one guy even said I imagine that gods going to pull a lightsaber out of his mouth... these are the people to be worried over...

That makes perfect sense to me. If I was god, I would pull a lightsaber out of my mouth and kill people who didn't worship me too. Probably a red one like Darth Vader's.

#40 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:24 AM

the programme I watched.. Im not a believer or anything so I dont know anything about what your saying but i quote from the programme they said gods gonna come down, sword... mouth... masacre... one guy even said I imagine that gods going to pull a lightsaber out of his mouth... these are the people to be worried over...

That makes perfect sense to me. If I was god, I would pull a lightsaber out of my mouth and kill people who didn't worship me too. Probably a red one like Darth Vader's.

Nah. Jesus would have the purple lightsaber.

(Not to make light of the whole subject, as it is a good one.)
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#41 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:16 AM

Has anyone realized that 2012 will be the next American presidential elections?

To quote Ron Kolek of Ghost Village Chronicles "Coincidence? I think not."

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#42 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

In 2012 I will only be 47 years old, lol, and I have had premonitions/dreams that I live well into my 80's. I remember as a teenager in the 70's/early80's thinking what the year 2000 would be like, as well as everyone at that age too even adults. We saw the year 2000 as so far away, so advanced in technology and even visioned people living on the moon..how wrong we were. 2012 will come and go just like any other year, until someone thinks up another year for something tragic to happen. As others have said, don't worry, be happy.. :wave:
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#43 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

I'm going to sound very simplistic here folks, but 2012 will just be another year. We'll ring it in and 365 days will go by and we move on to the next year. If there was some crisis let's give humankind here some credit, I think when we're on the brink we'll rally and pull through. I mean how many times in history have we faced a crisis and got through it?

#44 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

I'm going to sound very simplistic here folks, but 2012 will just be another year. We'll ring it in and 365 days will go by and we move on to the next year. If there was some crisis let's give humankind here some credit, I think when we're on the brink we'll rally and pull through. I mean how many times in history have we faced a crisis and got through it?

~I really like the way you think, Axl!!!! Talk about positive thinking...which we could use alot more of!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#45 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Just like I said in my earlier post (#15) I'm not gonna sweat it, whatever happens is going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users