Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

I saw another VERY creepy thing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:21 AM

~Tonight at work, I was incharge of the "Discahrge" phone. When a patient is discharged from the hospital, I'm the one they call to come to the room & clean. Tonight, I had to go to the 6th floor, which is only for those who need long-term care. Anyway, there was a patient in her room and I walked by, noticing that her garbage needed to be emptied. I emptied her garbage & the aid walked in. Now the whole time I was getting her garbage, she was just humming & singing to herself...pretty common I guess with the older folks. So the aid comes in to lift up the patient alittle higher in her bed and all of the sudden, she started to try to hit the aid. That wasn't what freaked me out as I know how some of the older folks just want to be left alone....period. What freaked me out the worst was when this patient was humming, she had the prettiest bright blue eye's. But when this aid came in to re-adjust her in the bed, her eye's got instantly black. Just like when your pupils dialate...and I mean they got black & her whole facial expression changed. She started swinging at the aid & told her to get out and to leave her alone. Although I'm only in Environmental Services, I advised the aid that maybe she might not want to mess with that patient for the rest of the night. She easily agreed. Has anyone ever seen anyone ever do this before??? This was definately very strange.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#2 Tempestormer

Tempestormer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

A noticeable change in eye color has been known to happen from a few things. My friend swears to this day that his wife's eyes become greener when she's "in the mood". One of my other buddie's eyes seem to get darker as well when hes really ticked off. It's hard to say why this occurs as I am no medical or eye expert, but I am sure she may have something similar to this. As for her humming and sudden mood change, it may be possible that she has developed a psychiatric disorder such as delirium, dementia, depression or anxiety. All of these can lead to random acts of aggression, whether it be long-term or short-term.
Posted Image

#3 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

Hi,

My cousin Maureen has been a nurse for many years. In her experience she has recalled that some folks (especially the older ones) get what is called "sun down syndrome". They can be sweet as pie when you visit during the day and when you go back in the evening they are calling you all sorts or names and are generally angry off. Something occurs in the brain causing them to change moods. This can be very creepy. I have never heard of the eyes going black........doubly creepy!

Edited by cmraposa, 05 August 2007 - 07:11 AM.

#4 Tempestormer

Tempestormer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:32 AM

Hiya cmraposa.

Yeah generally the elderly become "senile" the older they get, but usually only the patients with some form of mental disorder, even if it's only a tiny bit (i.e - bipolar or manic depression).. Also realize that most of the elderly are experiencing immeasurable amounts of body aches, and are prescribed to some really powerful pain killers such as vikes or lore tabs. This type of medication forms serious addictions, and withdrawal symptoms from these drugs cause even more painful body aches, aggression, depression and many other horrible side affects... My brother was addicted to them for years and had to hit up rehab just to finally get off of them.

As for the eye color change, I did a little research and found this. The sentence you are looking for is in bold:

Eye color change

Often, newborns have blue eyes, which change to green, hazel, light brown or dark brown, as they grow older. It is thought that exposure to light after birth triggers the production of melanin in the iris of the eye. By three years of age, the eyes produce and store enough melanin to indicate their natural shade. While changes in eye color of infants are more common, even in adults, eye color changes are seen, most often as a result of exposure to the sun. Sunlight triggers melanin production in the eye, as it does to the skin. People with green eyes in the winter might develop darker, more hazel eyes if they spend more time outdoors. Many people's eyes appear to change color when they change their clothing, or when they change moods, this is disputed due to the apparent need to instantaneously produce melanin; however no conclusive research exists.
Posted Image

#5 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

LaurieAnn, Did you have enough sleep the night before? LOl! I have never heard of this happening before. Maybe Julie has seen this type of encounters before. I don't believe that a persons eyes can change like that. Just my opinion, girl. Reagen? he he Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#6 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

I’ve heard of eye colors changing, too, in some people, due to various factors already stated here. I’ve also heard of eyes darkening with varying moods. I know one thing I learned was that when a person is attracted to another (I think, meaning: romantically attracted), that the pupils will dilate - and, that would make them seem darker, particularly with those with brown eyes. I think this dilation also occurs with aggression (funny thing, that: passion, aggression….). Light levels also cause pupil dilation, as already stated.

My eyes are often changing between green and hazel - dependant upon many things, namely mood. So, it’s possible that this is a mundane explanation. What color are the eyes of this woman, naturally? If they are brown, perhaps, her’s just change colors, too…perhaps, to a very deep (almost black) brownish hue? Or, perhaps, her pupils were just vastly dilated with her mood to appear black?

:Spaz:

Amanda

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

Once when i was a teenager i was doing levitation with friends. They were lifting me. I was told the next day that suddenly things began flying around the room, I stood in the middle with my eyes wide open and black. Everyone except my best friend left. I don't remember the incident, but one of the boys who went running out the door broke it because he was so scared and he was a big football player type. for the next 2 years in high school he never looked at me again. He told everyone I was a witch.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

LaurieAnn, Did you have enough sleep the night before? LOl! I have never heard of this happening before. Maybe Julie has seen this type of encounters before. I don't believe that a persons eyes can change like that. Just my opinion, girl. Reagen? he he Dave

~Well.....between taking care of Todd, cleaning the house, taking care of the kids and *then* going off to work (did I mention I also joined C.E.R.T? Community Emergency Response Team)...maybe lack of sleep would have had something to do with say, green stuff spewing outta her mouth whilst her head was turning in all angles. LOL!!! But seriously hun, I had enough sleep the night before. At first, I didn't think nothing of it. But the more I thought about this patient, the more it made me curious enough to come on here & see if I maybe living up to my "tag". It sounds odd, but it really did happen. Honest engine.
My eye color also changes, depending on the color of shirt I'm wearing. And if I'm in a foul mood, my pupils dialate as well.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#9 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:43 AM

I have a friend he has one green eye and one blue eye and his eye colours change whilst your talking to him, like if you say something that upset, angers or makes him laugh his eyes change colour, bit of hazel may streak through them or grey ect, and they swap sides too like one day the green on can be his left eye the a couple of weeks later it will be his right eye. I think its brilliant.
Husky dogs also do it, when they have blue eyes and when they get angry there eyes turn and orangey red colour, also my dog which is a staffy when angry his usual chocolate borwn eyes go a deep, blue/ purple.

Edited by leonie, 06 August 2007 - 04:46 AM.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:48 AM

Hi Laurie

Thanks for sharing that, I never seen or heard of that before, but going by the posts above it does seem quite more common than I anticipated.

Not sure if its paranormal, maybe someone can explain why this does occur

Mark :Spaz:

#11 Ditz

Ditz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:35 AM

My fiance's eyes are blue when he's feeling loving and caring and green when he's feeling naughty. He still flirts with me but in a school ground kinda way where he takes the mick and makes me laugh and his eyes are always green when he does that. Makes me laugh sometimes, but he is always the same person with the eye change. As for going from blue to jet black I have no idea. I'd be a little freaked out but I'd check the lady to make sure she's fine. I don't know if medication can make your pupils dilate that much, or was it the entire eye that went black?

#12 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

A noticeable change in eye color has been known to happen from a few things. My friend swears to this day that his wife's eyes become greener when she's "in the mood".

My hazel eyes do the same thing, under the same conditions! For a twist, I have a brown spot in my left eye right below my pupil that also glows under times of mischief (pretty much all the time!)
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#13 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

Hi, Laurie Ann:

Please refer to my "Strange Maid" post where I described her eyes changing to black and growing very large. This happened in the elevator and she was staring at my Mom.

This sounds like the same kind of experience. I appreciate the possible medical explanations, but
your experience is so similar to the one I had with Maid, so I understand why you're freaked. :P

Angelicus

#14 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

~Oh yes...her whole facial expression had changed as well. I'm still getting goose-bumps just remembering. The other thing is that no matter where I'm at at work, an elevator (we have soooo many) door will open as soon as I walk in front of it. There are no motion sensors because I've asked. But another gal who I work with noticed the same thing one night when she was walking with me. No matter what hallway I went down, as soon as I walked infront of an elevator....the door would open.

#15 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

~Oh yes...her whole facial expression had changed as well. I'm still getting goose-bumps just remembering. The other thing is that no matter where I'm at at work, an elevator (we have soooo many) door will open as soon as I walk in front of it. There are no motion sensors because I've asked. But another gal who I work with noticed the same thing one night when she was walking with me. No matter what hallway I went down, as soon as I walked infront of an elevator....the door would open.

Spirit guide? Just maybe! I hope things are going smoother for you! You are one strong lady!!! :clap: Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users