• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 yankee mark

yankee mark

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:40 PM

Do you watch either Most Haunted or Ghost Hunters?

I watch both,but I really like Most Haunted.There's always a lot of action on it.Wether it's real or not,I don't know,but I do enjoy it. :wave:

#2 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

I watch Ghost Hunters but lately have been really upset with the lack of professionalism but I suppose sci-fi has a lot to do with that as TAPS are well respected. I am not much for most haunted at all.

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 29 September 2005 - 10:34 PM

I watch Ghost Hunters every week but have only see the other once or twice but I enjoy both shows.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:16 AM

I love both shows. Ghost hunters to me though is a little mundane. I know we all would rather see "real" ghost hunting and that can be extremely boring, but I just love on Most Haunted how Yvette overreacts to everything. I laugh every time she screams. At first I thought Derek was full of #$%&* but now I'm starting to believe him. Call me gullible!!!

Most Haunted is definitely more entertaining than Ghost Hunters. But I religiously Tivo every episode of both shows!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#5 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:18 AM

Wasn't Derek proven to be a fraud? I recall hearing that he was set up by the crew who told him a fake story with a fake person and he became possessed by the fake person or something along those lines.

#6 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:28 AM

I watch GhostHunters when I can catch it, and like it. I like the documentaries about haunted hotels and things when they come on, also.
Posted Image

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

I have seen both shows and they are both good for entertainment purposes only. I don't put any credibility into the results as they are edited for tv and both have faked stuff to make them more exciting. Fun to watch but not worth much more than that in my opinion.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:06 AM

I can agree with that.

#9 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:56 AM

Most Haunted is definitely more entertaining than Ghost Hunters. But I religiously Tivo every episode of both shows!

Me too! The first couple times I found Most Haunted...well, haunting! I still enjoy it, but now moreso to pick it apart and poke fun at it. I'm also extremely envious of the locales they get access to shoot in.
I'm on the fence with Derek. I really like his show persona. But to buy into him you have to believe he's for real. He could easily be faking it all. As I watch the show I just pretend to believe he's for real and the show is the better for it. But I can never get read of the nagging voice in the back of my mind saying "He's full of S! It's all pre-written!".
With Most Haunted, I think you get a lot of genuine fear from these people, (forget for a moment that they should be excited when they find the activity they're looking for, not run screaming from the building like Yvette does.), but I think 90% of the spooky ocurrences on the show are a result of their imaginations running wild as they sit in a dark medieval room on IR as Derek waxes poetic on the past tragedies that ocurred there. The whole "Sssh - did you 'ear that?" "Oi 'eard somethin' over theah!" thing gets real old. Every creak and rapping noise is not a paranormal occurrence. I swear the Most Haunted team could find paranormal rapping noises at Chucky Cheese's!
They've stumbled onto a very simple and successful formula for scary tv: First person handheld IR camera views are scary, especially when someone conveniently off camera sees something or hears something, forcing the cameraman to whip around looking for the ghost while everyone screams. It's cheap easy special effects. I'm NOT saying MH fakes all their stuff, but just notice how all the activity conveniently seems to happen behind the camera? Stuff like books falling off shelves, etc.
But hey, what can I say. They had me at "haunted". :Spaz:

On to Ghost Hunters. KRC, did they actually come out and say they've faked stuff for tv? Honestly that surprises me, since they SEEM so professional, and since so many of the episodes are *yawn* entirely uneventful. But that word SEEM is dangerous, concerning tv, isn't it? Anything is possible when you're getting thrown lots of money and being told to perform.

Real or Faked, I still enjoy both of these shows a lot. They always get me fired up to load up my gear and go find some ghosts!
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#10 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:01 PM

Just a quick follow up thought since the Edit feature seems to have vanished...I would LOVE to see an experiment done where both the MH and GH teams show up to investigate the same location. Both would get VERY different results, I'm sure.
Actually you could have one control location that we know (of course how can we ever REALLY know where spirit is and isn't)
isn't haunted, and one that is reputedly haunted. Then have both teams do both places. I would love to see those results.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#11 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

YP...after watching the "chair" episode where Grant takes the chair with him when he leaves but then after he leaves, the chair is still sitting there and then mysteriously "jumps". I can't believe that was real and it is a tv show for entertainment. It is just my opinion, I sure don't ask anyone to agree with me that's for sure.

As for being envyous of the locales...who the heck isn't. I would love to investigatie half the sites their tv shows get them into.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 niteangel2

niteangel2

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

I enjoy watching both of these. I really like Ghost Hunters.... not sure if it's because I REALLY like it, or that my husband hates it and I can torture him by making him watch it. :D At least if they don't find anything, they just say they didn't find anything.

Most Haunted is entertaining, but that guy this is always getting possessed by spirits.... come on now. It's funny to me - but that blonde chick kinda gets on my nerves.

But... I like to watch 'em anyway. :P
Posted Image

#13 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:14 PM

i know what some of you mean about yv on MH she can be to much .

i get to see the show from time to time , i have a client who tapes it for me , or when i go and look after my gr'ma my parents have sat' , but ya , my client also tapes another show for me called ( dead famos) thats an alright show too, and i had taped not to long ago a show called ("girly ghost hunters") ya i now silly name , and ya it blows. but anyways i thought i'd put my two cents in.

Spiritlady :ghost:
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#14 twodarb

twodarb

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Well the obvious...paranormal, specifically ghosts, more specifcally EVP's, but first my family, dogs, and walking.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:41 AM

I mostly like watching Ghost Hunters :Wall: , but Most Haunted, I know I am usually in for a good laugh. I also like watching the Haunted Hotels/Inns. :Wall:
"I know it and I feel itJust as well as you do, HoneyIt's not our fault if death's in love with us It's not our fault if the reaper holds our hearts""Death Is In Love With Us"~HIM~Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

Wasn't Derek proven to be a fraud? I recall hearing that he was set up by the crew who told him a fake story with a fake person and he became possessed by the fake person or something along those lines.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard an allusion to that as well somewhere on the net, but until someone actually provides the proof to it, I'm taking it with a grain of salt personally. Not a matter of if he's a fraud or not, but that it really just strikes me as a vicious rumour. If they did that, and it got out, it would destroy their entire show over 6 seasons, which would be a waste for everyone involved in it.

Besides, there's no mention of it whatsoever in any of the Most Haunted websites out there, including their offical site. And if it did happen, they'd make it news.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users