Had a lot of questions but...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Larry

Larry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:33 AM

I really had a lot of questions, but with my skeptical attitude... Well, I guess I just don't have an open mind. And all my beliefs are 'foolish' and just the product of that closed mindedness....

After reading through some of the posts here, I'd say most of you will have a hard time convincing skeptics of much.  After all 'we are skeptical' and having introduced ourselves as such feel the full wrath of those who know for certain that WE skeptics are wrong.

Not the best way to sway an opionion.

Probably gone for good.

#2 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:47 AM

Larry,

Dont' leave just yet!  Give everyone here a chance to get to know you.  

Post your questions and I am sure that everyone here will be courteous to you.  

A skeptical person is a GREAT addition to this site and community.  It keeps everyone on their toes!

So take a bit and give this place a chance!

#3 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 19 May 2003 - 03:30 PM

Yes, Larry don't be so quick to leave, I am a believer in the paranormal however, there is a skeptical side as well.  Skeptics are not wrong nor are the belivers right, theres a middle ground somewhere.

I think people get confused and think you either believe or you dont, that is not the meaning of skeptical, that would be closeminded, skeptics are people who offer another side to the story befor jumping to the first conclusion.  I personally am not out to sway anyone into believing anything, heck I have a hard time conviencing myself sometimes ;)

So ask your questions, your openminded enough to have questions, well keep it open a bit longer to hear an oppinion and remember that an oppinion is not necessarily the answer ;)  I can assure this, there is not one site out there that will be able to give difinitive answers to your questions, maybe alittle more educationally informative, yes, but not factual when it comes to the paranormal.  

Laura
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:39 PM

Larry

I used to be skeptical also...things have changed dramatically.  Once I had and experience that I could not explain and I was on the road to believing! ;D  I can be a very closed minded person at times but all it takes is one event sometimes to open that mind up.  I think you have to at least be willing to look and listen in order to make the right decision for you.  I'm not going to try and change your mind...it would be a waste of time.  I agree with the others...stick around and absorb the information here...You never know you might just be surprised! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 May 2003 - 10:00 PM

we are not here to convince anybody pal. we share our opinions, views, knowledge and it is up those whoever to look into it and learn, only if you need to. having an open mind is the key anyway. Mind is like a parachute it is said, both works only when open.  ;) the question is before you venture out - is your mind open? (meant for everyone)
Posted Image

#6 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:24 PM

Hi Larry,

Hope you pass through here again to read these posts.  I think you can tell that you are welcome here!  This a great place to examine the opinions of others, that includes your opinions too Larry, and to decide what (if any) fit into your belief structure.  I would be interested in hearing your thoughts, as would others.  your always welcome.  ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#7 JimTheBrit

JimTheBrit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 09:13 AM

I really had a lot of questions, but with my skeptical attitude... Well, I guess I just don't have an open mind. And all my beliefs are 'foolish' and just the product of that closed mindedness....

After reading through some of the posts here, I'd say most of you will have a hard time convincing skeptics of much.  After all 'we are skeptical' and having introduced ourselves as such feel the full wrath of those who know for certain that WE skeptics are wrong.

Not the best way to sway an opionion.

Probably gone for good.

If you're unwilling to converse with people who think that skeptics are close-minded naysayers, Larry, there will be little sanctuary for you within the 'Net. It is up to us to show that the commonly held view of the skeptic is a mistaken one.

#8 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:44 PM

I've seen, heard and felt strange things in various locations but I always approach it with a degree of skepticism. There is such a thing as jumping too quickly to the supernatural explanation for things.

On the hand, an open mind allows for greatly increased perception of your surroundings. Obviously there are things out there that we can't always see or perceive or see at first brush. Prime, but simplistic, example: ultraviolet light because it's beyond our range in the spectrum. Yet, we know it's there and can prove that it's there.

#9 chesta

chesta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:57 AM

I used to be the same way until I had some paranormal experiences because seeing is believing.  I would suggest fairly analyzing evidence for the paranormal or better yet try and have some experiences with it first hand.  
http://clik.to/astralprojectionI refuse to commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud. – Carl Jung

#10 JimTheBrit

JimTheBrit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 01:11 PM

chesta I used to be the same way until I had some paranormal experiences because seeing is believing.

Ah, seeing might be believing but neither seeing it nor believing it mean that it's real.

Observe.......

http://www.scientifi...c.com/graphics/

#11 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 29 June 2003 - 03:51 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Jim!  Loved the link, but now I see spots everywhere and have a headache  *LOL* ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#12 chesta

chesta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 04:40 AM

Ah, seeing might be believing but neither seeing it nor believing it mean that it's real.

Observe.......

http://www.scientifi...phics/</strong>

True, people could trick them selves about something they saw.  From my experiences I know it's something that couldn't have just been imagined or hallucinated but people need to use common sense on theses sorts of things.  I've been on between 20-30 ghost hunts at 2 different locations and have not only seen but felt and heard several different paranormal events.  I couldn't have been halucinating for several reasons but 90% of the stuff I experienced was also witnessed and confirmed by others with me unless we just happened to imagine the same exact thing.  I had been on these with at least 14 different people and there would usually be around 5 each time but everyone that I went with had recalled the same exact occurances that were usually experienced at the same time to where there was no doubt that they were paranormal.  
http://clik.to/astralprojectionI refuse to commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud. – Carl Jung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users