HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 js1025

js1025

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

In need of a legitimate experienced team in RHode Island. Don't want someone to come in tell me there is something and create a bigger problem. There's random noises small pieces of furniture moving randomly lights on and off at will. Most importantly my 15 month old has not slept through the night in a month. He is not sick nor teething. He wakes between 2-330 every night screaming and will not go back to sleep in his bed. There are random voices at random times on his closed non video monitor. My landlord who previously lived on our side said his 6year okd daughter experienced sightings as well as similar voices. Doesn't appear to be threatening but is disruptive. Any suggestions advice welcomed.

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

You should contact a good, skeptical investigator in your area to do an investigation.   From my experience you have several things going on, none of which are likely paranormal.   They probably aren't even related to each other.  Each one needs considered as a separate case and the only way to do that is to take each and consider it on its own merit.

For instance, electrical problems would need to be checked using a data logger on the power lines.  This would identify any power sags or other conditions which could show up as lights dimming / going on / off, etc.

Noises can be recorded, as can the movement of items.  A local investigator who takes a skeptical approach will look for causes and those can be many.  The only way that can be done is an on-site visit.  

The child waking at a particular time may have more to do with his biological clock than anything paranormal.  People tend to follow similar sleep patterns every night, waking at about the same time.  The longer these patterns continue the more ingrained they become.  Your pediatrician can give you recommendations here.  Nothing paranormal and not uncommon with children.

The screaming / crying is another matter.  Many children learn that if they put up a fuss they can sleep with mommy or daddy.   Most parents have to deal with this, so how you handle it is up to you.  Keep in mind though, having raised three of my own,  and now grandkids, if they "get away" with this now, it will be more difficult for them to learn to slep in their own beds later on.  But that is up to you, the parent, how to deal with this.  But nothing paranormal here, just kids being kids.                                                                                                             

Random voices on a baby monitor are probably EMF related, likely from nearby radio sources.  Baby monitors are generally poorly shielded against such interrference, I have tested several in mlab and found this source to actually be quite common.  Keep in mind too that the radio source does not have to be close by.  If you do a wide spectrum scan across all bands you will find that some of the strongest RF sources around are coming from distant short wave broadcasts.  A condition called atmospheric ducting is responsible for the varied intensities of these signals.  A poorly shielded baby monitor makes an excellent "radio" to detect these radio waves.   Not paranormal.

Like I said, several things going on here, probably none paranormal.  But each will have to be handled in its own way and resolved as a single issue.  Just take it one at a time and go where the investigation leads.

#3 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Tiny Houses

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

I agree with CaveRat.  I was thinking the same thing about the monitor.

Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users