Ghost hunting in Norman Oklahoma

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 drsivana99

drsivana99

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:41 PM

I would like to find some people in or near Norman, Oklahoma who have an interest in and some ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE of the paranormal-- ghosts and related phenomena, including UFOs, cryptozoology, folklore, whatever-- and who have no personal agenda or control issues to work out. I would prefer not to deal with any established group. I'd just like to find individuals with genuine INTEREST and KNOWLEDGE-- particularly anyone conversant with the history of such phenomena-- to get together, discuss, study, possibly investigate. Please have a sense of humor!
Chuck Miller
drsivana99@yahoo.com

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:25 PM

I'm about thirty minutes north of you in OKC, but have friends in Norman. I'll keep an eye/ear out for ya and send anyone who fits your criteria your way.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the supernatural, hauntings and places in Oklahoma

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

I live in Jones. Please feel free to e-mail me about anything. Heard about Kitchen Lake?
Posted Image

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

What/where is Kitchen Lake?

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#5 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with the supernatural, hauntings and places in Oklahoma

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:26 AM

Hi, Autumnbelle! This is Margie. Kitchen Lake is just west of Draper Lake on SE 119th. I haven't been there yet, but I do want someone to go with me and take 2 cars because the area is supposed to drain energy from batteries and stuff. (Better load up on the energy drinks). According to legend, there was a witch that lived in a house there. The house is now torn down, but I think the foundation still remains. I found it on the shadowlands website. Being it was close, I thought it might merit checking out. But not if I'm going to be there with a dead car battery. I guess I could park a mile away and walk it. That might be the safest thing to do. Oh, have you heard of the purple church?
Posted Image

#6 O'Connolly

O'Connolly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

Chuck, I know of some things in Norman. I live there and have had some pretty messed up experiences.

Is the purple church the place east of OKC that thepreacher was supposedly abusing kids and then died of a heart attack? Or is it the place in the woods west of OKC the the satanists like to visit?

#7 margie

margie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:06 AM

Okay, here is the latest update from me. There must be more than one purple church. Just like there is more than one crybaby bridge. The purple church that I have heard of before was somewhere around Ada. I am not sure of the exact location, but the other night, we went to the Oaklawn Cemetary in Spencer and my stepson's-sort-of-stepdaughter (try to figure that one out) told me of the place where she grew up as a kid as being the purple church. So, we went there, but didn't get in. You take 63rd to Douglas Blvd. Go north on Douglas to where it curves around onto Post Rd. At the top of a hill, on the right, is a drive with a gate. There is a No Trespassing sign with some backwards N's. Next time, we will go early and take flashlights and cameras.
Now, as to Kitchen Lake, we went there too. But, all we found was a house foundation with the chimney fallen down. There were piles of stuff, mostly stuff from the house and the partially torn down barn that looked like it had been bulldozed into some ravines. There were cow trails all over the place. We walked all over the property during the day and took pictures. Maybe something will come out on the film. But, none of the piles of debris were smoldering and we didn't get any eerie feelings. But a friend of mine said that her husband and her dad went fishing at Kitchen Lake one time. Her dad nearly died when they heard a woman screaming and a bunch of eerie sounds. She said that they left really quick! And never went back. That was before I told here that it was supposedly haunted.
So, how many purple churches are really out there? Anyone know?
Posted Image

#8 craftymomma04

craftymomma04

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hi! I live in Norman and I would love to get together with others who are interested in Paranormal research and so on. I would like things to be a bit organized but I am by no means a control freak. You just can't control anything when you are talking about ghost hunting and paranormal research. I have done some investiagting of things on my own in other areas of the state. But I would really like someone to be with me when I go to a site. I am afarid that I am making myself see things that aren't really there when I am by myself. Besides I am a fraidy cat. Driving by the cemetary after dark by myself makes me nervous. Anyway...Please reply or email me when you see this. I really would like to see what we can do around here and see what we can find. I am currently working on my Parapsycholoy.

#9 EWOKS

EWOKS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Videography, Photography, Art, Music

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

Okay, here is the latest update from me. There must be more than one purple church. Just like there is more than one crybaby bridge. The purple church that I have heard of before was somewhere around Ada. I am not sure of the exact location, but the other night, we went to the Oaklawn Cemetary in Spencer and my stepson's-sort-of-stepdaughter (try to figure that one out) told me of the place where she grew up as a kid as being the purple church. So, we went there, but didn't get in. You take 63rd to Douglas Blvd. Go north on Douglas to where it curves around onto Post Rd. At the top of a hill, on the right, is a drive with a gate. There is a No Trespassing sign with some backwards N's. Next time, we will go early and take flashlights and cameras.
Now, as to Kitchen Lake, we went there too. But, all we found was a house foundation with the chimney fallen down. There were piles of stuff, mostly stuff from the house and the partially torn down barn that looked like it had been bulldozed into some ravines. There were cow trails all over the place. We walked all over the property during the day and took pictures. Maybe something will come out on the film. But, none of the piles of debris were smoldering and we didn't get any eerie feelings. But a friend of mine said that her husband and her dad went fishing at Kitchen Lake one time. Her dad nearly died when they heard a woman screaming and a bunch of eerie sounds. She said that they left really quick! And never went back. That was before I told here that it was supposedly haunted.
So, how many purple churches are really out there? Anyone know?

--> I live near Ada (Wewoka) and I've never heard of the purple church or at least not by that name. What is the story of the purple church?

#10 nickhowardswife

nickhowardswife

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Ohhhhh lots of things! Spending time with my husband, and especially ghost hunting!!!!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

I would like to find some people in or near Norman, Oklahoma who have an interest in and some ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE of the paranormal-- ghosts and related phenomena, including UFOs, cryptozoology, folklore, whatever-- and who have no personal agenda or control issues to work out. I would prefer not to deal with any established group. I'd just like to find individuals with genuine INTEREST and KNOWLEDGE-- particularly anyone conversant with the history of such phenomena-- to get together, discuss, study, possibly investigate. Please have a sense of humor!
Chuck Miller
drsivana99@yahoo.com

I'm from Maysville Oklahoma which is about 25 min south of norman...Love the paranormal!!! That might be why I work at a funeral home!.....But anyways, a couple of close friends and I have gone to some pretty unique places and seen amazing results! Hope to hear back from you.

#11 ginyaboy63

ginyaboy63

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:14 AM

Chuck Miller
drsivana99@yahoo.com

Hello. I saw your post on ghostvillage.com saying you were looking for new members. Is this still the case? I wasn't quite sure where you guys were located. I just moved to Oklahoma City from Richmond Virginia and am desperately trying to find a new team to be apart of. If you could email me back at ginyaboy63@yahoo.com and give me some more information about your location, I would be more than happy to exchange some information with you.

Thanks,
Shawn M.

#12 tcarcher15

tcarcher15

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

Hey ya'll, I live in Moore,OK. Just a few minutes north of Norman.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 haunted1959

haunted1959

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hi! I live in Norman and I would love to get together with others who are interested in Paranormal research and so on. I would like things to be a bit organized but I am by no means a control freak. You just can't control anything when you are talking about ghost hunting and paranormal research. I have done some investiagting of things on my own in other areas of the state. But I would really like someone to be with me when I go to a site. I am afarid that I am making myself see things that aren't really there when I am by myself. Besides I am a fraidy cat. Driving by the cemetary after dark by myself makes me nervous. Anyway...Please reply or email me when you see this. I really would like to see what we can do around here and see what we can find. I am currently working on my Parapsycholoy.

#15 haunted1959

haunted1959

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I am starting a paranormal group called spirits you can join it through joining meetup,go to meetup.com and join ( it's free ) then you will have access to spirits. Also anyone who knows of any haunted location in Norman Okla. please let me know we would like to do some ghost hunting. You can email me at haunted1959@att,net.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users