Never bet the devil your head

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:35 PM

Many of us believe in the existance of a higher power
or god(s) as it were.

We talk about the good we do because of it,
and we know the good it does us
to do good unto others.

We aknowledge the power of love
and the light it brings into the world.

Now, are there any brave souls out there willing to
discuss the devil or a dark lower power and
the effects of evil on the human psyche?

Has anyone here looked pure evil in the eye?

Enquireing minds wanna' know..... :ghost:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#2 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

Some reading!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#3 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

Yes, well.....

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#4 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

Has anyone here looked pure evil in the eye?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES, my ex-wife.

#5 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:17 PM

Very dang scary Shawn :Spaz:

#6 dannyboy

dannyboy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:45 PM

on a serious note, i feel i have a big interest when it comes to all this,

i have heard people go on about dreams , ya know when ya feel like you r awake and there is somethink there ,something evil, well i have experienced this many times, with one experience being so real i find it still hard to put down to a dream but there is something inside that believes there is more to it,
i watch these fillms about demonic possesion, one example the entity.....

the experience i had........... , was that i awoke in the middle of the night and still to this day believe there was someone lying ontop of me, i have told this before and have been ridiculed(oh its an eroitc dream), but it wasnt that way atall, it was quite disturbing, and i can distinctly remember the the breath on my face the weight on my body, and being aware of everything around me, i was alone at home with only tom my son asleep in te next room,
i even sat up straight afterwards and tryed to go thru what i had just experienced,
but just felt soooooo strange and violated, scared and confused,
nothing untoward happened, i jut felt something(cant say someone realy cos had my eyes wide open at the time and could not see anyone atall, even though it was dark, but i COULD feel someone, trying to thrust amourously onto me,

it sounds strange but it wasnt erotic in the slightest it was really horrible, and i couldnt move,

ever since this, i have become much more interested and much more prone to beliving in demons, and evil,
i can feel that there is something around that is nt good, but somehow, it has chosen to leave me alone,(i hope)

FIRST TIME IVE ACTUALLY ADMITTED TO MY REAL BELIEF IN THIS, BUT HAVE FELT THIS MUCH MORE OF LATE,IN FACT HAVE HAD ALOT OF SPIRITUAL FEELINGS OF LATE,

maybe im just turnin into a crank lol,

Edited by dannyboy, 26 November 2005 - 09:47 PM.

I LOVE U ALL

#7 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:37 PM

There's a scientific explanation for the sleep paralysis and it's usually accompanied by the feeling of something heavy on ones chest. BUT with that said, I've had that experience too Dannyboy and I just don't believe that it was a normal thing at all. For one thing in my case I was NOT paralysed which I read always accompanies the feeling of something heavy on top of you. I also hadn't fallen asleep yet at all and there were a few odd things that happened that day that preceded my experience. The main one being my sister said she thought she saw someone walk through the living room. So I believe that this kind of thing can happen.

#8 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

Back on topic. I don't believe in demons or the devil but I won't rule them out either since I do believe in God. That was an interesting article that had a lot of good points that Axman posted, but there's also a lot there that I disagree with. It would take forever to do a point by point so I won't bother, but the gist of that article seemed to be saying that you should never entertain the idea that some mythological being may exist. It added that not even most clergy believe in the devil anymore and I haven't done a survey but last I heard most Muslim and Christian clergy do still believe. And one could consider God mythological for that matter. Perhaps mythological stories that are thousands of years old contain an element of truth? Just a thought.

I don't think that the human race needs a devils help to do evil though. I think they do pretty well on their own with that.

I do believe that there are evil spirits though. There are a lot of crazy people in this world. Murderers, rapists, serial killers, psychotics, etc. If some peoples spirits stay behind and become "ghosts" then what happens when some bad person dies and their spirit is wandering around? There are a lot of "evil" people in varying degrees and I assume they leave some evil spirits behind when they die.

#9 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:33 AM

on a serious note, i feel i have a big interest when it comes to all this,

i have heard people go on about dreams , ya know when ya feel like you r awake and there is somethink there ,something evil, well i have experienced this many times, with one experience being so real i find it still hard to put down to a dream but there is something inside that believes there is more to it,
i watch these fillms about demonic possesion, one  example the entity.....

the experience i had........... , was that i awoke in the middle of the night and still to this day believe there was someone lying ontop of me, i have told this before and have been ridiculed(oh its an eroitc dream), but it wasnt that way atall, it was quite disturbing, and i can distinctly remember the the breath on my face the weight on my body, and being aware of everything around me, i was alone at home with only tom my son asleep in te next room,
i even sat up straight afterwards and tryed to go thru what i had just experienced,
but just felt soooooo strange and violated, scared and confused,
nothing untoward happened, i jut felt something(cant say someone realy cos had my eyes wide open at the time and could not see anyone atall, even though it was dark, but i COULD feel someone, trying to thrust amourously onto me,

it sounds strange but it wasnt erotic in the slightest it was really horrible, and i couldnt move,

ever since this, i have become much more interested and much more prone to beliving in demons, and evil,
i can feel that there is something around that is nt good, but somehow, it has chosen to leave me alone,(i hope)

FIRST TIME IVE ACTUALLY ADMITTED TO MY REAL BELIEF IN THIS, BUT HAVE FELT THIS MUCH MORE OF LATE,IN FACT HAVE HAD ALOT OF SPIRITUAL FEELINGS OF LATE,

maybe im just turnin into a crank lol,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much for sharing your story Dannyboy, how frightening..... :Spaz:

#10 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

I do believe that there are evil spirits though. There are a lot of crazy people in this world. Murderers, rapists, serial killers, psychotics, etc. If some peoples spirits stay behind and become "ghosts" then what happens when some bad person dies and their spirit is wandering around? There are a lot of "evil" people in varying degrees and I assume they leave some evil spirits behind when they die.

Very good point Shawn..... :Spaz:

#11 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

The belief in satan from a clergy point of view can be explained as a purely symbolic belief in the evil in men.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:57 AM

I do believe in evil, not satan as an entity, but evil as in what human minds can accomplish.
Posted Image

#13 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:10 AM

What about evil as a human malady.
Such as some personality disorders
like malignant narcissism?

#14 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

That could be a fat ego trip!

#15 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:27 AM

Let's put it this way demonic possession is most likely misdiagnosed MPD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users