85 replies to this topic

#31 honeybeary

honeybeary

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:20 AM

I've read the Exorcist but never seen the movie, interesting web site moonchild, I'm going to rent the movie this weekend if I can find it here at Blockbuster.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#32 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:50 AM

Hands down, no questions asked, has yet to be topped in my books...The Changling.  A Canadian film made in 1980.  Depending on where you are, it's likely going to be in the forign films section of you video store or at an independent store that caters to hard to get titles.

This film STILL scares the living daylights out of me!

http://www.theflagsh...ngeling-80.html

http://www.amazon.ca...3295113-0161107

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#33 TIFFANYJEAN

TIFFANYJEAN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

13 ghosts (remake) was pretty good..also "the others"  was a pretty good old fashioned ghost story with a twist
Tiffany:O)

#34 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:27 PM

the shining scared the hell out of me. and i'm with you ana, those little girls were SCARY. and my friend dev does a really good impression of them and when she wants to scare me, she sneaks up behind me and says,  "Come play with us. Forever and ever and ever." *shudder* scares me just THINKING about it!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#35 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

Hands down, no questions asked, has yet to be topped in my books...The Changling.

Is this the one with George C Scott and the claw foot bathtub?
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#36 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:04 AM

yup, the Changeling was a good enough movie, especially the final scenes. but Exorcist still rules ;D

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#37 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:07 AM

I helped a pal put a clawfoot bathtub into his bathroom and then we rented the movies and he and his wife got so mad at me. Of course it didn't help that to freak each other out they would both pound on the tub.

I'm still sticking with the old, "The Legend of Hell House" with Roddy Mc Dowell. That or a video of the last Presidential Inaguration.... SCARRRRRRRRRRY :o :o.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#38 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:25 AM

Yup, the one with George C Scott.  The part that terrified me the most in that flick..well...parts...lol...was the ball bouncing down the stairs and then he looks up and sees the old wheelchair at the top of the stair case, and then the face of the little boy in the 'well' in the house that was built above it.  <shudders>

I stopped watching The Exorcist after she started to projectile vomit, as I have a weak tummy (I also walk away from Meaning of Life when the fat man in the restaurant scene comes up!).  

The Others came close to The Changeling, I enjoyed that movie muchly as well.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#39 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 01:40 PM

See, I think the exorcist was disturbing more than it was scary. I mean, vomit and spider walks are reminiscent of just "eewww" type of movies. The Shining was psychologically just plain spooky. There was so much going on beneath the surface (and this is especially so if you've read the book).

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#40 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:15 PM

The part that terrified me the most in that flick..well...parts...lol...was the ball bouncing down the stairs and then he looks up and sees the old wheelchair at the top of the stair case, and then the face of the little boy in the 'well' in the house that was built above it.  <shudders>

My buddy and his wife used to sit in the bathroom and just POUND on the side of the tub. Evil I tell, evil.

#41 MirkwoodMaiden

MirkwoodMaiden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:21 PM

As cheesy as it is, I still have to watch The Exorcist with all the lights on and someone right beside me. [smiley=cwm2.gif]

#42 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

i'm with you mirkwood! that movie scares the hell out of me!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#43 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

See, I think the exorcist was disturbing more than it was scary. I mean, vomit and spider walks are reminiscent of just "eewww" type of movies.

but basically these are also characteristics attributed to possession all over the world, isn't it? Why I have liked The Exorcst is mainly the story line and an almost life-like depiction of events.

#44 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:15 PM

i dunno about the life like comment moon. i've known a lot of really weird people in my life and none of them has ever been possesed by satan and spewed green slime. or the think with the crucifix...ew.

#45 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:25 PM

;D but I was referring to the reports and documented posessions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users