• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Whispers

Whispers

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:43 PM

Tomorrow night on the SciFi Channell a new series about real ghosthunters is supposed to start. I think it's 8pm Central Time.

#2 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:47 PM

Yep,there's been a couple of posts about it.I'm all over it!It's been ages since we've had a decent Paranormal show on any of the networks.Everything is just old re-runs,so I'm excited to see something new for a change.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#3 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:32 PM

I have been waiting from the first preview. It's tomarrow yeah! Now watch; I'll fall asleep and miss it :blink:
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#4 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. <br><br>

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:01 PM

Just my "LUCK"..... I got my old job back, (Was laid off in June) but guess what? I am working 2nd shift, which is 3:30 PM - Midnight...... CRAP!

:weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#5 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:00 PM

I will be watching this one, too. I'm with ya, Spectral, I really enjoy programs like these. And, I'm pretty disappointed that there really hasn't been anything new on in a couple of years. I had hoped that October would bring more than it has, but no. Do you remember a couple of years ago when there were all kinds of programs on during the whole month of October? Scariest Places On Earth, the first few episodes of MTV's Fear (they got overly goofy the more that they made, though), documentaries on both Discovery channel and the Travel channel.....*sigh*

I realize that most of these shows are purely entertainment, but they were fun to watch. And, they did all feature real haunted locations with lots of background info. I LOVED watching the families on Scariest Places poke around in the dark at locations such as Chillingham Castle. It was all very contrived, but fun nonetheless. And, as much as I enjoy the cheesy stuff, I would truly enjoy some serious programs as well.

Happy Viewing! :weeee:

#6 SpectralSpy

SpectralSpy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:19 PM

SPOE was one of my favorite shows of all time.That episode where the family went to Poveglia Island was one of the most intense things I have ever seen.

It seems as if the UK has all the good Paranormal shows nowadays.Hopefully some network that's looking for a rise in ratings will start up some new program(like Fox Family did years ago with SPOE).
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.It is the source of all true art and science.He to whom this emotion is a stranger,who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe,is as good as dead-His eyes are closed."Albert Einstein

#7 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

I have been waiting from the first preview. It's tomarrow yeah! Now watch; I'll fall asleep and miss it :blink:

I have this same kinda luck..plan on making a huge pot of coffee tonight just to watch it :(
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,530 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:07 PM

only 7 hours to go...can't wait. :(
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:15 PM

Woooo Hoooo! We have a little something to watch tonight! :( I hope that it doesn't stink!

#10 rivermom

rivermom

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:29 PM

I've been waiting and waiting for this. Only a couple hours to go. :(

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,530 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

ok...just got done watching it....i think it a very cool show...can't wait until next week.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#12 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

I saw the show and really enjoyed it. I am going to look forward to other shows. They got some great EVP's, didn't they? I kind of missed the first part; what does TAPS stand for?
petunia4998

#13 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:18 PM

Ok, show was cool but I wonder, if driving was that big of a hassle why didn't they turn Altoona over to a PA or NJ team, its not like there aren't a ton a lot closer than RI? I know there are a lot of members here that are part of a team that must be closer.

Oh, I fell asleep on the lighthouse episode of Proof Positive, can someone fill me in?
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#14 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:34 PM

Well, I thought it was okay. A little slow moving, though. But, I suppose the idea is to show other aspects of their lives and not just the ghost hunting. I thought that the EVPs were amazing. However, I don't know very much about the true technical aspects of collecting EVPs. Soooooo

Anyway, I think that the show has potential. I am looking forward to the next episode. From the previews, that one seems like it might be exciting.

So, experienced GV investigators, what do you all think? I'd love to hear opinions on how good or bad these guys techniques are.

#15 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:36 PM

Awww, geez, Petunia!

I am so glad that I'm not taking a test on this!! Heck if I can't remember what they said TAPS stands for!! And, I KNOW the guy said it plain as day, I just can't remember! It's something something Paranormal Society! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users