• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:25 AM

I, too, enjoy seeing the various locations that they go to. I REALLy enjoyed seeing the Myrtles. However, I do take all of their captures with a grain of salt. This is a television show afterall. No reality shows are completely real.

#32 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

I know I'm going to get alot of flack for this but you bad mouthers are one to talk.

First off, whether anything was staged or not, the show's 1st season was in the can before if even aired so how would they be able to boost the ratings when at the time they didn't even know if there would be any ratings. What if the show wasn't pick up?

Second, if there is one thing I cannot stand in this field is the constant competitiveness of "ghosthunters". This is far from an exact science and most people believe all of us who are in pursuit of the paranormal are a bunch of fakes and whackjobs. How can one state they know more about ghosts because NO ONE really knows for sure. I guarantee none of us are going to find the difinitive proof of life after death. And incidently, some of the most respected parapsychologists take the same approach they do of finding absolute proof before being convinced of a haunting.

True, they do bicker and pick on Brian a lot. IT'S A REALITY SHOW. If it were scripted I'm sure it would be different. Besides how many people have clashes with people they work with.

I like the show, even when it's boring. That shows to me that it's not staged. If it were don't you think they could come up with some better "so-called" evidence to spook the TV viewer.

And if we are going to dismiss their evidence as fake then I guess we should dismiss any evidence is fake also because you can't prove it to me otherwise!! :wow:
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#33 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:26 PM

Here, here Jen!!!! Let me be the first to applaud you!!! I couldn't have said all that better myself! :wow: I get tired of hearing it too....I think some of the bad mouthing may be because there is a wee bit of JEALOUSY out there??!! ????? I say, if you think that you can do a better job, put your money where your mouth is & make a show that does it better....otherwise, why not be a little more supportive? Would it really hurt THAT much? C'mon......
It's just Becca Posted Image

#34 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:29 PM

And, oh, by the way......I thought last nights show was really good. I plan on going to the Myrtles within the next year so it was really exciting to see it on their show.

AND...if I offended anyone with my last post....GET OVER IT! J/K...hee hee....really, if I did offend anyone, I'm sorry...kissy kissy, make it better.... :wow:
It's just Becca Posted Image

#35 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

I caught last night's episode of GhostHunters and I really enjoyed it. I just wish there was less BS and more ghost hunting. We have to wait until the last 10 minutes to see what transpired. I guess they want it to be a human experience and have us get to know the personalities on the show and their conflicts. I will definitely tune in again next week. The lamp moving across the table was freaky, as were the rest of the images.

The Myrtles Plantation was fascinating, but I have always felt that way about New Orleans. That town is totally haunted. You can just feel it when you visit there. On a trip there about 3 years ago, we stayed at the Dauphine Hotel and I swear...Kevin and I have never had as many faces and images popping up in our minds while trying to sleep. It was almost impossible to sleep. We were just dozing, but faces that we had never seen before were making themselves known. It was the weirdest thing. Stange dreams as well.

We went on a tour of the "Oak Alley" Plantation and that was really interesting. Learned a lot of interesting facts there. There were Peacocks strutting their stuff on the Plantation. It was beautiful, but you can't help but wonder how the folks in that time period held up. It was so hot, and yet the women dressed to the nines and put on heavy make-up. At the dinner table they had a fan that would shooo the flies away. The people living at that time were diminutive in stature. The beds were half the size of what we are used to.

We took a "Haunted" walking tour of French Quarter and that was great. We also took an airboat ride through the Bayou. The Bayou is a beautiful place. It is like something from another world. The Cypress trees looming over the water...the alligators. I never realized how beautful a Bayou could be. Everything was still....and beautiful. If you ever get the chance, please go on a tour of the Bayou.

I LOVE New Orleans...the only thing that bugs me is the climate. I have a hard time with humidity...and even though I went there in March, the air was very dense and muggy. But, I would certainly cast all of that aside for the chance to vist there again. It was magical and spooky. :weeee:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#36 snoopymom

snoopymom

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:38 PM

I really find it refreshing that they go out to a site - to try and debunk the haunting - that way if there is a reasonal explination they will find it - but like they say. . . if there isn't a way to explain it, then they have something real.

I like the show - for entertainment value - I always get a good laugh - and sometimes you see something interesting.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#37 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:31 PM

I agree the show lastnight was interesting. But Well not that I dont feel a lot of their act is for TV but well the The Myrtles Plantation is noted already for being one of the most haunted places in the area and if they did not belive in the TAPS team why would they invite them there? I mean the The Myrtles Plantation does not need any television show to tell us they are haunted. Out of all the other paranormal groups out there they invited them. And jenbrown great job. I agree also could not have said it any better. Who really knows what is out there? This one has this idea, another has that idea and we just put them all together. No one really knows for sure.

(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#38 grendel

grendel

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Movies, Work, Kung Fu, Sci-Fi, Going to bed as the sun rises, eating, breathing, bathing (on occasion), Nature...and so on and so on....

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:31 AM

I dont feel that I am out of line for stating my opinion. It is neither wrong or right, but it is my opinion and I am free to express it.

I listened to these people on the radio the other night on the way home from work. They even stated that they enjoy the money that has came their way from the show. Now that hardly seems like the attitude of someone who is passionate about something or has a strong interest. Maybe if they said "I really enjoy the experience we get to share with the audience. " or "I hope this will draw more attention to our field of research that we will be taken seriously"., but they didnt. They admitted enjoying the money they get from it. It's entertainment. I would not doubt that one of them will be in a movie soon.

Reality shows are hot right now. This is just another form of one.
I'm just a very well-paid juvenile delinquent -Al Jorgensen of MinistryIf we moved in next door your lawn would die -Lemmy of MotorheadThe only reason we wore sunglasses onstage was because we couldn't stand the sight of the audience - John Cale of The Velvet Underground--------------------------------------------------http://fotofight.com...um_home/Dewlso/--------------------------------------------------

#39 GHIceman

GHIceman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Film-making, Bigfoot and other cryptids, Charles Fort, cliff diving, paranormal adventuring, road trips, polaroid cameras, making killer lattes, urban exploring.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

Hey guys, newsflash : TAPS BLOWS

I think Bob Saget sucks too, does that make me jealous of him? I certainly hope not.

Maybe the fat guy and the skinny guy should quit barking orders, bickering, and shut their mouths and do something productive. It's just as much their fault as it is Sci-Fi's for the show sucking so much. They're liars, fakes, and a general discredit to paranormal investigation. On a completely different level, they aren't even entertaining! They don't have anything that makes them unique. They may as well be a bowling league, or quail hunters for all I care, because it would be just as entertaining to watch. Actually, scratch that. I'd enjoy watching people bowl or shoot birds because then I'd actually believe I'm watching people accomplish something. If I wanted to watch people argue and lie for an hour, I'd eat dinner with my family more often.

There are plenty of other ghosthunters who are much better suited for a television show. Take John Zaffis for example. He has some great 'apprentices' in the field of demonology who *gasp* know what they're talking about, *bigger gasp* have personality, and *drumroll please* - are younger than the age of 25. Not only is the subject matter a goldmine, but they'd actually be fun to watch. I don't even know how you guys feel, because there's such a great diversity or ages here at the village, but I'm sick of seeing middle aged men poking into crappy cemeteries/houses, looking at some stupid LED's on some stupid meter and declaring/discrediting a haunting. Just because you're being 'professional' doesn't mean you have to be boring.

I guess I'm done....for now.

So to reiterate : TAPS BLOWS
"Who Forted?" Magazine!The 'Net's Greatest 'Zine About Weird Stuff!

Posted Image

#40 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

Perhaps SCi-Fi's actual plan is, to totally debunk and declare ghosthunting asinine.

#41 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:17 AM

THe only other thing I'd say is, you do have to figure out if it's there or not, before you can study it. To that end, you can't possibly know it's there for sure with a single visist. Some things are apparent, other things make you dig a bit deeper. I don't think they do that well either.

#42 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

I agree LAD but there is more to study than just pictures and recordings. You study the entire situation in my opinion. You study the mental issues that may be there, you study the stories and legends that surround the place, you study the previous accounts, pictures and recordings. You study the entire site that you are investigating and if you collect evidence you study that too. What I think the mistake is, is making a statement that you are going to prove or debunk a haunting or supposed haunting. You just have to take everything into account and see what is or isn't there. I think you should remain neutral and not lean to either side. Does that explain what I mean a little better? I know it wasn't really clear before and I hope that is better.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 RON3002

RON3002

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

I have had personal dealing with the group and being a fellow invesigattor will not bad mouth them here,but if anyone wants a lil more inside obeservations leave me a message on these webite with ur e-mail adress or messager id and will discuss it.I was not inpresed with there methods or findings( my group actually proved alot of there findings to be wrong)
RON

#44 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

I NEVER said any one is jealous of any one else. While you might not agree with their methods doesn't make your methods any more valid than theirs. And while they might not be as "professional" as some would like, I also want to stress that those you say, they bite, blow, suck, etc sound even less professional and maybe people who would normally call you for help should call some one else more professional.

Yes, they are offered money. Don't tell me for one second that if you were offered money for doing something you love, you wouldn't take it and admit you liked it. The money comes in nice when you are forced to rely on your own savings to buy equipment and gas to get to your investigations and such.

And I want to reiterate something, before you can determine that something is, shouldn't you determine what it's not? That is a shared philosophy among many scientists (obviously not ghosthunters). Imagine how many of you are waisting your time chasing ghost who are not really there!

And I do not like hypocrisy, that's my opinion!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#45 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:43 PM

I agree Jen...I hate hipocracy too. That is why I do things the way that I think they should be done and stick to that. If someone doesn't like my ways, that is perfectly fine with me. I am not here to impress anyone for sure. You have your opinion and I have mine and that is what makes the world go around.

When scientists look at something, they are remaining neutral. They aren't there just to prove something does or doesn't work, they see if it does or doesn't and report their findings on it. You need to keep a neutral mind although open for possibility but if you go way too far either way, to prove or disprove, you run into trouble and it taints your evidence. You need to enter with a neutral mind. Hey, it is just my opinion though and nobody has to agree with it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users