Dealing with the pain of a past life

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Amarante

Amarante

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Anatomy, psychology, sociology, history, music, philosophy, the paranormal, ghosts, how things work, time travel, all things science fiction, animal behavior, conspiracy theories, art, drama, poetry, singing, learning new languages, and debating

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

This is a difficult topic to explain, but to sum it all up, I lived a previous life as a soldier in the American Civil War, but I died before I was ready to. Nowadays, in the present, I fall into periods of depression and longing for a place I've never been to. The scent of a campfire, a muddy river, dry leaves, humid but overcast days, the plaintive note of a fiddle, the steady cadence of a drum....all those things can take me instantly from a good mood and make me cry.

Does anyone else have this problem or any advice as to how I could fix it?

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I read your statement,but I honestly don't know exactly know what you want fixed. May I ask if you could please be more specific? :kitty:
petunia4998

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

I would cultivate some type of meditative practice that you can use in these situations. Some way to make your mind like a still pool of water and this will help bring the emotions under control. I had a similar situation when I went to the Treasures of Tutankamen. It was actually in the area of treasure from the generations prior to Tut. I chose a beautiful chair and contemplated its aesthetic qualities. Worked really well and gave me a couple of surprises.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 Amarante

Amarante

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Anatomy, psychology, sociology, history, music, philosophy, the paranormal, ghosts, how things work, time travel, all things science fiction, animal behavior, conspiracy theories, art, drama, poetry, singing, learning new languages, and debating

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

Sorry if it wasn't clear before...

The problem is that I feel homesick for a place I've probably never been to. I feel displaced and just...in the wrong era, so to speak. It's this inexplicable heartache for a time long past and people who've passed on that I never returned home to.

It's kind of like the traditional "ghost problem." The spirit died before they were ready to do so and they are trapped because they can't let go of the fact that they are dead. They didn't want to be dead and they don't want to move on.

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

Okay, thank you for the explanation.

Ask yourguarardian angel for help. We all have one. Yours has the name Morrwah. Angels don't have names like we do, so this is a very phonetic spelling and I'm afraid it's the closest I can get to it.

Be very specific about what you want help with. They do not find anything too small or ridiculous.

Burn a pink candle while you sleep.

I hope you find this helpful. :kitty:
petunia4998

#6 ellachan

ellachan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

I have the problem to some extent,but I'm also puzzled how to fix it

Cold Case DVD boxset

#7 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Ella, do the same thing. You angel's name is Crandee. I really think it will work. ;)
petunia4998

#8 GillGal

GillGal

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

Ella, do the same thing. You angel's name is Crandee. I really think it will work. :)

Petunia do you know the name of my guardian angel?

#9 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

Gill, PM me and I will tell you. :)
petunia4998

#10 muggy

muggy

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Gill, PM me and I will tell you. :)

How can I find out if I even have a guardian angel - most of the time I feel like it's just my mom watching over me.

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,373 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

This is a difficult topic to explain, but to sum it all up, I lived a previous life as a soldier in the American Civil War, but I died before I was ready to. Nowadays, in the present, I fall into periods of depression and longing for a place I've never been to. The scent of a campfire, a muddy river, dry leaves, humid but overcast days, the plaintive note of a fiddle, the steady cadence of a drum....all those things can take me instantly from a good mood and make me cry.

Does anyone else have this problem or any advice as to how I could fix it?

Ok...let try to keep this on topic please.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#12 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

You do need to keep in mind that simply having visions of some particular time or location is not indicative of any past life, etc. These could be memories implanted earlier in your life, possibly even beforeyourecall them. They might be real or possibly even something formed from something you pictured from a story or movie. In fact most of us have certain memories, both good and bad, associated with certain events or scenes we experience.

Perhaps at some poit you "saw" a camp in a military moie, maybe you were only a chaild at the time. The vision isimplanted, along with certain impressions. Maybe the soldiers were relaxing around the fire, after or before the battle. Thus a feeling of calm might have been imaprted by the scene. Now anytime any of these triggers occur, subconciously it brings back the feelings associated with that scene.

Of course that is just one of many possible trigger scenarios. Without knowing all the details of your life it would be impossible to determine exactly what event is serving as the trigger, or what effects that trigger may bring about. I am simply giving an alternative that what you experience does not indicate any past life experience.

#13 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

This quarter's Journal of Scientific Exploration, has a highly detailed study of "Children" who claim to be reincarnated. Typical is a child 6 years old who claims "verifiable" information about an individual who died tragically. The study is highly detailed, many of these children will have a birthmark or "defect" in the approximate location the past life person received injury.

One speculation in the article is that, a "stressful death" creates a "consciousness bundle" that can "imprint" on a fetus. This "stress created" "consciousness bundle" is NOT actually the person, just a "imprint" of part of their Psyche/Consciousness.

These children give very detailed facts at 6 or 7, but almost all seem to remember nothing by the age of 10, The "imprint" fades with time. Interesting Theory!

In my "opinion" this seems more reasonable, than actually "being" the same person, in a new body.

Edited by Robot, 20 May 2010 - 06:23 AM.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#14 Amarante

Amarante

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

God I haven't been on here in a while. Anyway, I'm pretty dang certain I was reincarnated, because I recall how I died and exactly what happened afterward. Nobody in my family is interested in the Civil War at all except for me. My dad does watch the occasional war movie, but only if they are about WWII.

I don't think this is a residual of something I saw...

#15 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

I completely believe in reincarnation; however this is one of those things that cannot be proven scientifically so it's up to the individual to decide if the belief is there or not. Perhaps in their next life they will believe. lol

I am well past 10 and I remember things. ;)
petunia4998

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users