• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#181 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 01 January 2004 - 09:45 PM

VERY WELL SAID!

After awhile you would just would get sick of arguing about something that only mattered to yourself and you end up spending more time defending your own beliefs than you do actually working together to try and solve something or getting a correct answer, by then you forget what the whole point was, lol ;D

Most of the times the focus shifts to what we discuss upon rather than why we are discussing it! Strange ways human mind works!

I respect everyones oppinion and I can see great reasoning on both sides. I personally feel this way, I believe in the paranormal and that something is out there, what exactly I dont know. Do I want to prove it, I would love to, but cant.

That is a great attitude, but even after giving so much of space for others, if they are trying to run you up against the wall, I guess most people will surely fight back!
Posted Image

#182 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:09 AM

I agree Spirits. very well put [smiley=cwm29.gif]
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#183 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Moon and Secret, I was worried people wouldnt quite understand what I meant;0)
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#184 1lincolngirl

1lincolngirl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location:x0|Downey|USA||0|0|CA,Californiax0|Downey|USA||0|0|CA,Californiax0|Downey|USA||0|0|x0|Downey|USA||0|0|x0|Downey|USA||0|0|x0|Down

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:07 PM

Well all I got to say is I have my significant other who knows how much I am into paranormalism, yet he can sit there in front of me and make fun of me telling me that all this is FAKE. (he even spells it for me)  I even asked him if he's ever seen a ghost.. he said, " the day I see one, I will apologize to you".  I even hooked up a digital camera to run all the time on my pc, in hopes I'll catch something on camera. My cat senses everything, I know. He stares at things and follows them as they move around but I can't see it, however, I know it's there.  Maybe my dad visiting me??? Would be nice!

#185 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:47 AM

the problem is that when we try to make others understand what we know, and they dont quite get it right. The reason is that, either they are not quite equiped to see the "unseen" or we are not equiped to "unsee" the seen!
Posted Image

#186 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:28 AM

I know several people who were very skeptical about anything to do with the topic ghosts. Until they had experiences, which they could not understand.

I look at it this way, when approaching the paranormal.  First I look at all the logical reasons first, then I approach the subject with an open mind.  And I start look at different things before jumping up and down about what has happened.  I then research and study the experience.

But, there are skeptics that are the way they are do to the fact that they have been told all their life that nothing exists, but what they see and what they can touch.  And no matter if something happened to them they would still look at it with a closed mind and would not be opened to anything otherwise.

Being different is after all what makes the world go around. :)

#187 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:09 AM

right said GhostHunter! somethings may never change, but that doesnt mean the para normal doesn't exist!
Posted Image

#188 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:44 PM

I think it would be pleasant for some people to simply pretend that all the important questions in the universe have been answered and those who continue to seek are on a futile quest.

That being said, there are plenty of unexplained things in the world and, harsh as it might sound, it's just intellectual laziness to ignore it or dismiss it all out of hand.

But at the same time, I don't think a person should simply believe in everything at face value. That, too, is intellectual laziness.

#189 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:52 PM

But at the same time, I don't think a person should simply believe in everything at face value. That, too, is intellectual laziness.

Does that include the Skeptics too? Aren't they also believers of their kind?
Posted Image

#190 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

Does that include the Skeptics too? Aren't they also believers of their kind?

Hm ... no.  You can only get away with that because of semantics.  "Believers" is shorthand for "Believers in the paranormal," so it doesn't make sense to talk about skeptics as believers.  Perhapse more importantly, skepticism is not a belief at all, but a way of looking at things.  I can be a skeptic without actually disbelieving in ghosts; you cannot be a believer unless you believe.
What Would Batman Do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users