maltby cemetery

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 SeaDogg89

SeaDogg89

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:03 AM

Very cool to hear others' stories about this place. I graduated from Redmond High in '95, and in my Sophomore year (fall '92) a group of LW guys (cousins w/ one of my best friends from Redmond) went out to this place. These guys were a bunch of baseball players whom we hung out with from time to time, and they were kind of a rowdy bunch (getting in fights and such). Story goes that they went out there one night and that something happened there (not sure what), but they were scared off and ran for their cars. One of the guys who was driving was flooring it down the dirt road when something see-through floated/darted infront of his car. This guy was a 'tough' guy and one you wouldn't think would be easily scared, but he freaked out and apparantly soiled his pants (while driving). We (Redmond bunch) were of course intrigued by this story and decided to check it out for ourselves. So, one night about 4-5 of us went up there (armed with bats for some reason) to see for ourselves what this place was about. My memory could be a bit foggy about the exact layout of the place, but I remember walking up a long dirt road until we reached the clearing where the headstones were. It was fall and late at night (10ish), so of course it was foggy and chilly out. There was excitement and nervousness in the air as we had been and continued to pump ourselves up for something strange to happen. At this point we split in to two groups and myself and a buddy headed to the left of the clearing where the tree line started again. We'd heard something about 13-steps, and were on a hunt for them - thinking they'd be hidden away from the clearing. I do have a hazy recollection of finding, not steps per se, but more like larger 'plateu'-type steps. I do remember the first step down was more of a lower level than the top (where the clearing was), and we eventually (with some difficulty) found an area that we considered step 2 (lower still) and then step 3 (even lower). I don't remember if we stopped there b/c we didn't have flashlights (duh, just bats) and couldn't see through the thick woods, or if it was b/c we were getting too far away from the rest of the group. I don't recall being particularly scared, but there was something eierie (sp?) about the whole thing the further down and away we got. We eventually joined up w/ the rest and decided there was nothing to see that night but to make it back some other day equipped with flashlights and the rest. Unfortunately it never happend.
I have always thought about going back someday, and now I have a good excuse. My girlfriend just moved down to a place off of Woodinville-Duvall road, and not too far away, and I think of the place every time I drive there.
If anyone on here wants to revisit this place shoot me a mail and I'd love to do a more thorough investigation of the place.

#17 BigJer

BigJer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

I have also had a strange experience at the Maltby cemetery. When I was 16 a group of us decided we wanted to visit. My best friend lived only a mile or two away from there. We parked the car down the street a ways and walked up the graveyard at about 10 or 11 at night. Immediately we started getting spooked. I was seeing shadows out of the corner of my eyes, and there were sounds all around us. It didn't take long before we got spooked and decided to leave. A while after being at my buddy's house I was standing outside by the road he lived on. I turned around to face the road and saw it. It was a mist/fog, tall not wide, floating a few feet in front of me. It didn't have a human shape, but it was slender and tall like a person. I stood there frozen for what seemed like 20 minutes, although it must have been only a few. Finally once I got my wits about me I turned back around and bolted as fast as I could back into my friend's house. After that I didn't see it again.

I want to go back, but it is private property. When I was younger I knew a girl whose relatives owned that land as well as all the land surrounding Paradise Lake. Many of her relatives are buried there, and she still goes to visit them (I talked to her about it a couple years ago). Her family sold the land back to the county, and then eventually the county sold the land to a man that also has relatives there. The cemtery is practically in his back yard. The ghost hunters group I used to be a part of tried to ask him for access to preform and investigation, but he was very adamant about not letting ANYONE in. I don't think it would be a good idea to try and go there. There has been a huge amount of vandalism over the years; in fact when I went there were beer can & bottles all over the ground. The owner would probably call the cops if he saw anyone there; it is his property. It's a shame though because I know there is activity there.

#18 ellipses

ellipses

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

That always used to be a destination for us in high school as well. I only ended up going there once, during the day.

I always thought those 13 steps to hell were the natural terraces you see as you look down the hill from the cemetery? There were (when we were there in the late 80's/early 90's) a ton of burned out and wrecked cars, all littering that steep embankment. It was very strange, as it looked as though they would have had to been driven from the cemetery itself, and really, the cemetery is just a clearing... not a proper cemetery with a road winding through it or anything. Not sure what was up with that.

A friend who lived up there claimed that when we was a kid, his pet goat was stolen and sacrificed at the cemetery. I tried to call his bluff, but he said the stories of Satan worshippers in the cemetery were very real, as he saw them walking up there. He had no doubt as to who stole his goat. :clap:

-
... :weeee:

#19 ffonsok

ffonsok

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

I was up there Halloween 2006, and during the day in January 2007. I can say with conviction that there is something evil in that cemetary. We didnt see anything out of the ordinary, but instead just a feeling of general creepiness.

The strangest thing i've heard about the cemetary was the reports of seeing "men in black" out there in the middle of the night. Like FBI officials called in to clear the kids out. They never talk too much, but tell the people to get out and then mysteriously vanish. It could all be BS but I've heard the same story from a couple people that don't know each other.

#20 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:10 AM

Well this is interesting stuff...I first heard about the Maltby Cemeatary no more than one week ago! And now me and 3 friends are all going up there tomorrow - Friday night - with the hope that we will see or experience something paranormal....as none of us ever have (especially me...) If anyone wants to meetup and go together send me an email; we won't be leaving till late; possibly after midnight....but regardless of when we show up there we will be out until at least 4am anyways so literally any hour that night is good for us....

#21 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

Cool stories guys. I have never been in that area seeing as how I am not even from the same state. But I too am looking for my first paranormal experience. I have had a couple things happen to friends that have come to investigations but nothing has happened to myself. This Maltby Cemetery sounds like a pretty active place. We have a location like this in CT called Union Cemetery which is supposidly one of the most haunted places in the states. Hope your investigation goes well tonite. Be careful, be safe and don't forget to report back to us and let us know what your evidence brings up!

#22 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

Ok, for those of you wanting to know about this place. Here is my story. Back in 1983 our Friday nights were , get beer and go someplace to drink. The place of the night was Maltby. We had heard all the stories and I have had my share of ( sightings ) . If you are open to the other side, you are more prone to be effected by it. I didnt feel good about going to this place, gut feeling. And Im not one to get scared, Im the one jumping into anything to check it out. But not this time. As the guys drank there beer and my girlfriend and I stayed in the van, it was apparent they ment to freak us out. They dared us to cross the metal pillars. Anyone that has been there knows what Im talking about. On that note, we agreed. My girlfriend and I held hands, said a prayer and took three steps in past ( the gates to hell ) which was as simple as walking past the two pillars. How hard could that be ? Wrong. the air turned very misty, all sound was gone. We didnt hear a thing. At the same time without saying a word we turned to see the guys, they were yelling we could tell but we couldnt hear a word they were saying, we than heard noises from the grave sites to our left, at that point we both took off to run out, and like the movies, our feet wiped out and we hit the mud and beings as scared as we were and so close to the pillars we didnt even bother trying to stand we crawled back past the pillars. The moment we passed back, there was sound to the air and we heard the guys. We got up and ran to the van and insisted leaving ASAP.We couldnt at the time tell them what we felt, but it was clear they didnt have anything to do with it. I have never felt such evil before not do I ever want to. I grew up with ghosts in out home but not like that. There have been many people that traveled to that place, it was the ( High=School ) thing to do. Some people felt what we did, some just had a good time and didnt see or feel anything. But the fact is, its a very evil place. From the minute you leave the main road to go up the gravel, its not a good place. I never went back, but heard they have cleaned it up alot, repaired it, ( its not the same ) there were stories they had many spirit guides try to put the souls to rest. There were cars that were said to have been chased out of there by devil worshipers and crashed on the hillside out, the cars were there. The story is you could still hear them screaming if you listened. That I didnt sit around to hear. But they were said to have taken the cars out years ago. ?? Not going back to find out!

Hi! I live in the neighborhood. What cemetary are you talking about? I am a native puget sounder but only moved into the Seattle region in 1979. I know of the Bearcreek cemetary and the cemetary within Woodinville, but where is the Maltby cemetary? I have a history as a ghostbuster and would be very interested in visiting this place.

Edited by Markway, 02 December 2007 - 03:54 AM.

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#23 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:27 AM

Alright well we made it....allbeit it took us 2 hours to find the place due to heading the wrong way down I-405 and taking like 5 miles just to turn around! Then I passed the Paradise Lake Road exit so I took the very next exit, proceeded by the next turn towards the Highway after that exit which was literally like 50' away from the Highway and turned towards it so I thought for sure it was an entrance to the Highway....it wasn't! It was like a 10 mile back road that brought us back to the bottom fo the hill near Snohomish on Highway 9! So we drove back up and I finally made it to the PLR turnoff - at which point it was only 2.5 miles away or so my directions read....it tooks us like 45 mins to find it from this point cause the turn off, "housing development",and "cliff" are so small you drive right by and don't even notice!! Well anyways it was kinda creepy when we first pulled off into the gravel pit to see another car parked there....with freakin' HANDCUFFS hanging from the rearview mirror!! We were like "Oh crap this is some texas chainsaw massacre stuff..." lol Well we parked and got all bundled up for the trek up the mountainous terrain at 2:30am and I must say the woods, although very dense did not frighten me at all even when I was leading our group of 5...After about 7 minutes of trekking up we finally reached a clearing...revealing a lawn, but we couldn't quite see the house yet so we were walking while talking amongst ourselves "Where is it?" "Are we in the right place?" when all of the sudden we here "Yeah, you're in the right place." out of the thick of the night on our right side!!! We were caught off guard so much ti wasn't even funny! We immediately flashed our lights over where the sound came from and saw a couple (probably 35-45) sitting on the ground watching us trek by...it turns out they were the ones with the car we parked next to (I forgot to ask them about the handcuffs though!! That really bugged the crap out of me all night...). So they pointed us over to the cemetary entrance and of course i had to ask "Why are you guys out here?" secretly hoping to hear something like "oh we heard this place was haunted so we wanted to come check it out for ourselves" but instead they just said "Oh we were here 15 years ago and we were just wondering if it was still around..." which of course I immediately asked with a hint of "are you serious??" in my voice..... "At 2:30 in the morning!!?" to which they were just like "yeah..." so I was like weird and they went back to their car and we turned off our flashlights and went across the lawn to the cemetary path opening.....

Well I think we really missed a huge part ofteh cemetary cause we couldn't find any more paths after only 5 minutes!! Also to note is we saw a grave as recent as 2003 so it is definitely still being used... The entire time we were there I felt even less scared then when I was trekking up the mountainside towards the cemetary...it was dead as far as I was concerned - not scary at all....so anyways we walked up to the end of the last path we could find but I thought it MIGHT actually go on a bit through the bush which may have just grown over the path so I began to take a step off the path to use my flashlight to check out the area I thought might be an extension of the path and that's when I heard what sounded very much like a cat "eeeoww!!"ing right next to my feet as if I had stepped on its foot or something and I immediately yelped out a "ah!!!" which echoed through the WHOLE forest....I was caught off guard once again....well after only 3-4 seconds I realized it was just my shoe that squeeked and not a cat cause they do squeek from time to time.....that was the closest experience any of us had there and I am confident it was just my shoe....Unfortunately our trip to Maltby Cemetary ended in disappointment as we weren't even scared, much less did we witness anything...I'm no daredevil either; it's easy to scare me...

So ya unfortunately I can't contribute to any of the scary stories about Maltby....
Oh ya and the guy that we ran into (the couple) did say he saw the "13 steps to hell" 15 years ago when he was here and that he did see a rock/step on the base of the ground that is likely where the 13 steps are/were but I guess he never did walk down them 15 years go cause that's all he said about it....so we continued our night by going to the Everett Cemetary (not scary either) and there we checked out the Rucker Tomb which is like a 50' tall pyramid of atomb!! It was awesome...and designed in such a stair-like manner that you could easily climb up to the top - although a tad creepy was the fact that there were barred openings about 3/4 up the pyramid to allow ventilation....Then we ended the night by going to Denny's and having French Toast, lol it was awesome...

But anyway I'm still on the lookout for my first potential paranormal experience (and so are my friends) so if you guys have anywhere else in the Seattle-Mount Vernon area that may be haunted or just scary let me know please!

#24 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:14 PM

Well this is interesting stuff...I first heard about the Maltby Cemeatary no more than one week ago! And now me and 3 friends are all going up there tomorrow - Friday night - with the hope that we will see or experience something paranormal....as none of us ever have (especially me...) If anyone wants to meetup and go together send me an email; we won't be leaving till late; possibly after midnight....but regardless of when we show up there we will be out until at least 4am anyways so literally any hour that night is good for us....

Okay Kevox can't wait for the update...let us know what happened and be safe!

Whatever

#25 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

Okay Kevox can't wait for the update...let us know what happened and be safe!

lol look above your post there....we went after venturing 2.5 hours just to find the place and experienced/saw nothing.

However I have since been told by one of my friends that went with me that him and his lady friend actually saw another path that we didn't go through but the lady was too scared to go that way so she told him not to tell the rest of us that they found this path....I donno if its anything big but I KNOW we did not see the whole cemetary cause if we did it is the world's freakin' smallest cemetary! So we will be going up there again (now that I know where it is located it won't take more than half an hour to get there this time so that'll make the trip a lot easier!) soon....not sure exactly when but if not this weekend then I can almost guarnatee next weekend...hopefully I experience at least some kind of fear while I'm there this 2nd time, bring it on!!!

#26 kevox

kevox

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

I went there again tonight with VASTLY different results!!! Man what a night...

We got there between 3:30 and 3:50am at a rough guess, Friday January 18th. Well all was normal (yes, being here a third time means I can say "normal" like I'm accustomed to the atmosphere, lol) Anyways so we walk up the path to the cemetary noticing 2 things.
1. THere was more garbage then last time indicating that people still go up there on a regular basis.
2. There was a bit of snow on the broken down branches across the path - except in the middle of some - indicating people had stepped on the branches since it last snowed so they've been there recently!

Alright so we went left when we first entered the cemetary - nowhere we haven't been I think to myself - and I'm shining my flashlight around and BAM I see it....a silver, shiny ladder down in the woods a bit going up to a tiny tree fort was reflecting itself right back at me. This isn't too major right? RIght...I am positive this ladder was not there either of the last 2 times, and I don't remember the little tree fort (almost big enough for 3 people to lay on) being there although my friend did so Iwas like "ya ok whatever". I'm far from an expert but, although everything was wet out tonight, the wood for the tree fort looked fresh - like someone had just built it. I do not suspect ghosts put the ladder there but rather humans - I just thought that I should point out that some sort of local human activity is going on in addition to the strangers that come to Maltby for the possible thrill. Ok moving on...
So after we've ventured around the trails to get down to the level of the tree fort we continue into the woods. We didn't see anything abnormal here but spent a good 15mins exploring - it didn't help that there was melting snow ALL around us so everytime we were dead silent we'd always here water going down the mountain (faintly).

So now that we've been down there a good 15 mins (probably been at the cemetary for 25mins or so now) we decide to head back up to the main trail near actual gravestones. Basically there's only two levels that the trails go and beyond that it's make-your-own-path with no more gravestones. So we're venturing back up when we finally get back onto the 2nd (lower) trail and we stand there for a second just flashing our lights around trying to see anything abnormal. Alright heres where it gets interesting! We stood there for a second cause we thought we heard something so we were all got really quiet (there were 3 of us by the way) and when we did that it sounded like someone was rustling the bushes 40' down walking through the forest...it wasn't obvious; but possible. So we got a tad creeped out. THEN we shine the flashlights straight ahead on the trail and both my friends immediately saw something. THey said they saw one full-body ghost that moved across the path and then stood there for a little while just looking at them - at one point my friend said he felt it was walking, SLOWLY, toward us. THey also reported seeing an Orb beside the ghost. Unfortunately I have VERY bad eyes and I could not verify either of these sightings - they thought I had to be blind. So we stand there with the flash lights on while my friend takes a few steps forward and, as he had done many times in the past 25mins, opens the Voice Recording program on his cell phone. He says something along the lines of "We are not here to harm you, we just want to communicate with you, please." and then we all stood there as silent as possible while he held his cell phone up high in the air. Alright so after 15 seconds or so he ends the feedback...more on this later in this post.

About this time we go the opposite way of the Orb and the ghost and loop our way up to the first trail - where my 2 friends swear they saw another full-body ghost at the end of the trail (just above where it was on the lower-level) and they get freaked once again - I unfortunately couldn't see it so I got the short end of the stick there... Now they are especially freaked out and just want to leave - as do I since their reactions were scaring me. So we high-tail it up to the lawn and officially get out of the cemetary. It only got worse from here...On our way down the ~7 minute path towards my car things got real freaky. The very first thing I noticed was that it was extremely FOGGY all of the sudden! Neither of the first two times we were there did it get foggy...btw this was at approximately 4:38am and when we arrived between 3:30 and 3:50am there was NO fog whatsoever - I remember walking up the path flashing my light anywhere I chose with no visibility problems....Alright so now that its' foggy and I point that out to my friends they immediately stop me and look straight down the trail only to see THREE ghosts!!! Now this is where I got some of my excitement for the night - I may have seen my very first ghost in my whole life. I was squinting hard and the ghost I think I saw was kind of at the "end of my comfortable vision radius" so it was blurry thus the reason I'm unsure of what I saw. Now that being said, what I believe I saw was a full-body ghost standing behind a very thin bush leaning his head out around the bush so as to look at us. After a few seconds I believe I saw him pull his head back and also pull his leg back - completely removing himself from view for a second. Then I blinked my eyes and he reappeared - is my mind playing tricks on me to tell my brain it is seeing what it wants to see OR am I really seeing a ghost?! I'm still not sure.. dang my crappy vision...Well I still couldn't see either of the other 2 ghosts my friends saw but after a few minutes they said the 3 ghosts were gone so we ventured on down the path some more - only to find MORE GHOSTS! I, once again, did not see them but both my friends swear they saw 3 more ghosts standing out over a slight embankment beside a tree. While looking for these 3 ghosts I noticed what appeared to be a floating T-shirt directly above them in the tree...I pointed this out to my friends and they were like "Dang, I didnt' see that before but now I do, looks like someone is hanging there!" Which reminds me that earlier my friend did say he thought he saw someone hanging from a tree down in the forested area... So again, after a few minute wait, we decide these ghosts have left and continue down the path - at a faster pace this time - then about a minute later my friends see another ghost (again, I still can't seem to see it for myself) and after waiting for this one we pick up the pace even more and head down to the car. I was in the front of the group and my friend in the back was constantly watching our back on the last stretch to the car. This is when he got REALLY FREAKED OUT as he said the last ghost was following us, legs were swishing away into bushes and other things were happening and they kept happening as he would go forward a few feet and look back again, creepy!! So we practically jog down to the car now and I start'r up and rip it out of there going away from town at first simply cause it was the quickest route out of there - I was pretty freaked out myself! So I go down the road a few miles and then turn around and come back thinking we might see something as we pass the turn-off we were parked at but no, nothing was there except fog. So I feel slightly relieved at this point and drive the 2.5 miles to town and park at the first gas station so we can listen to my friend's 5-6 cell phone recordings under a street light near other drivers to feel safe at last.

We play the first audio recording, nothing...
We play the second audio recording, still nothing...
The third recording, a faint sound near the end like "chhhh chhhh" kinda like a radio...didn't think much of it.
Fourth recording....Oh my freaking gosh!! We're listening to Doug (friend with the cell phone) do the introductory sentences "If you are out there, we just want to communicate with you please. Kevin especially." (I'm Kevin btw) and then his ~15 seconds of blankness....only to hear at the end a VERY CLEAR ghost whisper/lowvolume talk! This is what it said without a doubt in mind, "They're after you." The second I heard this tears of frightenment went down my face....that was freakin' scary! I've actually got a little bit of watery-eye right now just typing it up!...This is by far the most indisputable evidence that paranormal activity exists in my life!

Oh and then after I drop Doug off and am taking Ashley home we were talking about the nights happenings and she informs me as to why she was SO MESSED UP from the point we got into the car to the point we left the gas station. (She was wide-eyed, very quiet, and clearly uneasy...I was worried a little bit.) You know what she told me? There were two ghostly FACES IN THE CAR until we got to the gas station in Maltby, one on her right side (so within only a few inches of her) and the other in the passenger's seat!!! I only drive an Eagle Talon too so there isn't much space in the back seat between the two passenger's - much less one right on the window! Doug saw these two as well I guess...I'm kinda glad they didn't tell me cause then I might ahve been nervous to drive knowing a ghostly face was right behind me and all!

So ya, that concludes my THIRD trip to Maltby Cemetary and I now have hard evidence that something exists there! Doug is going to upload the audio recording onto the computer and email it to me then, when I remember, I'll post it up here for you guys to hear! Now I don't expect half of you to believe what you hear because if it were me listening to it for the first time and I wasn't on-the-scene I would think it was just 2 friends tryin' to mess with people but since I witnessed it first-hand man do I believe it....

Oh and one last thing, the fog near the beginning of the path went away after we went through it and shined our lights back....thick one minute to non-existent the next!
Tonight was really really really freaky. We are planning to go again, hopefully next Friday but nothing is set in stone yet. I'll post our results on that after we go.

Edited by kevox, 18 January 2008 - 11:21 AM.

#27 djzigs

djzigs

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:50 AM

I went there again tonight with VASTLY different results!!! Man what a night...

We got there between 3:30 and 3:50am at a rough guess, Friday January 18th. Well all was normal (yes, being here a third time means I can say "normal" like I'm accustomed to the atmosphere, lol) Anyways so we walk up the path to the cemetary noticing 2 things.
1. THere was more garbage then last time indicating that people still go up there on a regular basis.
2. There was a bit of snow on the broken down branches across the path - except in the middle of some - indicating people had stepped on the branches since it last snowed so they've been there recently!

Alright so we went left when we first entered the cemetary - nowhere we haven't been I think to myself - and I'm shining my flashlight around and BAM I see it....a silver, shiny ladder down in the woods a bit going up to a tiny tree fort was reflecting itself right back at me. This isn't too major right? RIght...I am positive this ladder was not there either of the last 2 times, and I don't remember the little tree fort (almost big enough for 3 people to lay on) being there although my friend did so Iwas like "ya ok whatever". I'm far from an expert but, although everything was wet out tonight, the wood for the tree fort looked fresh - like someone had just built it. I do not suspect ghosts put the ladder there but rather humans - I just thought that I should point out that some sort of local human activity is going on in addition to the strangers that come to Maltby for the possible thrill. Ok moving on...
So after we've ventured around the trails to get down to the level of the tree fort we continue into the woods. We didn't see anything abnormal here but spent a good 15mins exploring - it didn't help that there was melting snow ALL around us so everytime we were dead silent we'd always here water going down the mountain (faintly).

So now that we've been down there a good 15 mins (probably been at the cemetary for 25mins or so now) we decide to head back up to the main trail near actual gravestones. Basically there's only two levels that the trails go and beyond that it's make-your-own-path with no more gravestones. So we're venturing back up when we finally get back onto the 2nd (lower) trail and we stand there for a second just flashing our lights around trying to see anything abnormal. Alright heres where it gets interesting! We stood there for a second cause we thought we heard something so we were all got really quiet (there were 3 of us by the way) and when we did that it sounded like someone was rustling the bushes 40' down walking through the forest...it wasn't obvious; but possible. So we got a tad creeped out. THEN we shine the flashlights straight ahead on the trail and both my friends immediately saw something. THey said they saw one full-body ghost that moved across the path and then stood there for a little while just looking at them - at one point my friend said he felt it was walking, SLOWLY, toward us. THey also reported seeing an Orb beside the ghost. Unfortunately I have VERY bad eyes and I could not verify either of these sightings - they thought I had to be blind. So we stand there with the flash lights on while my friend takes a few steps forward and, as he had done many times in the past 25mins, opens the Voice Recording program on his cell phone. He says something along the lines of "We are not here to harm you, we just want to communicate with you, please." and then we all stood there as silent as possible while he held his cell phone up high in the air. Alright so after 15 seconds or so he ends the feedback...more on this later in this post.

About this time we go the opposite way of the Orb and the ghost and loop our way up to the first trail - where my 2 friends swear they saw another full-body ghost at the end of the trail (just above where it was on the lower-level) and they get freaked once again - I unfortunately couldn't see it so I got the short end of the stick there... Now they are especially freaked out and just want to leave - as do I since their reactions were scaring me. So we high-tail it up to the lawn and officially get out of the cemetary. It only got worse from here...On our way down the ~7 minute path towards my car things got real freaky. The very first thing I noticed was that it was extremely FOGGY all of the sudden! Neither of the first two times we were there did it get foggy...btw this was at approximately 4:38am and when we arrived between 3:30 and 3:50am there was NO fog whatsoever - I remember walking up the path flashing my light anywhere I chose with no visibility problems....Alright so now that its' foggy and I point that out to my friends they immediately stop me and look straight down the trail only to see THREE ghosts!!! Now this is where I got some of my excitement for the night - I may have seen my very first ghost in my whole life. I was squinting hard and the ghost I think I saw was kind of at the "end of my comfortable vision radius" so it was blurry thus the reason I'm unsure of what I saw. Now that being said, what I believe I saw was a full-body ghost standing behind a very thin bush leaning his head out around the bush so as to look at us. After a few seconds I believe I saw him pull his head back and also pull his leg back - completely removing himself from view for a second. Then I blinked my eyes and he reappeared - is my mind playing tricks on me to tell my brain it is seeing what it wants to see OR am I really seeing a ghost?! I'm still not sure.. dang my crappy vision...Well I still couldn't see either of the other 2 ghosts my friends saw but after a few minutes they said the 3 ghosts were gone so we ventured on down the path some more - only to find MORE GHOSTS! I, once again, did not see them but both my friends swear they saw 3 more ghosts standing out over a slight embankment beside a tree. While looking for these 3 ghosts I noticed what appeared to be a floating T-shirt directly above them in the tree...I pointed this out to my friends and they were like "Dang, I didnt' see that before but now I do, looks like someone is hanging there!" Which reminds me that earlier my friend did say he thought he saw someone hanging from a tree down in the forested area... So again, after a few minute wait, we decide these ghosts have left and continue down the path - at a faster pace this time - then about a minute later my friends see another ghost (again, I still can't seem to see it for myself) and after waiting for this one we pick up the pace even more and head down to the car. I was in the front of the group and my friend in the back was constantly watching our back on the last stretch to the car. This is when he got REALLY FREAKED OUT as he said the last ghost was following us, legs were swishing away into bushes and other things were happening and they kept happening as he would go forward a few feet and look back again, creepy!! So we practically jog down to the car now and I start'r up and rip it out of there going away from town at first simply cause it was the quickest route out of there - I was pretty freaked out myself! So I go down the road a few miles and then turn around and come back thinking we might see something as we pass the turn-off we were parked at but no, nothing was there except fog. So I feel slightly relieved at this point and drive the 2.5 miles to town and park at the first gas station so we can listen to my friend's 5-6 cell phone recordings under a street light near other drivers to feel safe at last.

We play the first audio recording, nothing...
We play the second audio recording, still nothing...
The third recording, a faint sound near the end like "chhhh chhhh" kinda like a radio...didn't think much of it.
Fourth recording....Oh my freaking gosh!! We're listening to Doug (friend with the cell phone) do the introductory sentences "If you are out there, we just want to communicate with you please. Kevin especially." (I'm Kevin btw) and then his ~15 seconds of blankness....only to hear at the end a VERY CLEAR ghost whisper/lowvolume talk! This is what it said without a doubt in mind, "They're after you." The second I heard this tears of frightenment went down my face....that was freakin' scary! I've actually got a little bit of watery-eye right now just typing it up!...This is by far the most indisputable evidence that paranormal activity exists in my life!

Oh and then after I drop Doug off and am taking Ashley home we were talking about the nights happenings and she informs me as to why she was SO MESSED UP from the point we got into the car to the point we left the gas station. (She was wide-eyed, very quiet, and clearly uneasy...I was worried a little bit.) You know what she told me? There were two ghostly FACES IN THE CAR until we got to the gas station in Maltby, one on her right side (so within only a few inches of her) and the other in the passenger's seat!!! I only drive an Eagle Talon too so there isn't much space in the back seat between the two passenger's - much less one right on the window! Doug saw these two as well I guess...I'm kinda glad they didn't tell me cause then I might ahve been nervous to drive knowing a ghostly face was right behind me and all!

So ya, that concludes my THIRD trip to Maltby Cemetary and I now have hard evidence that something exists there! Doug is going to upload the audio recording onto the computer and email it to me then, when I remember, I'll post it up here for you guys to hear! Now I don't expect half of you to believe what you hear because if it were me listening to it for the first time and I wasn't on-the-scene I would think it was just 2 friends tryin' to mess with people but since I witnessed it first-hand man do I believe it....

Oh and one last thing, the fog near the beginning of the path went away after we went through it and shined our lights back....thick one minute to non-existent the next!
Tonight was really really really freaky. We are planning to go again, hopefully next Friday but nothing is set in stone yet. I'll post our results on that after we go.

that sounds awesome man, wish i coulda experienced that too! hope you get that audio up if you still have it!

#28 Kriss

Kriss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

I'm not far from the area (about thirty or forty minutes away) and am interested. Please post the audio file soon, and let us know if you head out there again!

~Kriss

#29 ghostsaviour

ghostsaviour

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

Ok, for those of you wanting to know about this place. Here is my story. Back in 1983 our Friday nights were , get beer and go someplace to drink. The place of the night was Maltby. We had heard all the stories and I have had my share of ( sightings ) . If you are open to the other side, you are more prone to be effected by it. I didnt feel good about going to this place, gut feeling. And Im not one to get scared, Im the one jumping into anything to check it out. But not this time. As the guys drank there beer and my girlfriend and I stayed in the van, it was apparent they ment to freak us out. They dared us to cross the metal pillars. Anyone that has been there knows what Im talking about. On that note, we agreed. My girlfriend and I held hands, said a prayer and took three steps in past ( the gates to hell ) which was as simple as walking past the two pillars. How hard could that be ? Wrong. the air turned very misty, all sound was gone. We didnt hear a thing. At the same time without saying a word we turned to see the guys, they were yelling we could tell but we couldnt hear a word they were saying, we than heard noises from the grave sites to our left, at that point we both took off to run out, and like the movies, our feet wiped out and we hit the mud and beings as scared as we were and so close to the pillars we didnt even bother trying to stand we crawled back past the pillars. The moment we passed back, there was sound to the air and we heard the guys. We got up and ran to the van and insisted leaving ASAP.We couldnt at the time tell them what we felt, but it was clear they didnt have anything to do with it. I have never felt such evil before not do I ever want to. I grew up with ghosts in out home but not like that. There have been many people that traveled to that place, it was the ( High=School ) thing to do. Some people felt what we did, some just had a good time and didnt see or feel anything. But the fact is, its a very evil place. From the minute you leave the main road to go up the gravel, its not a good place. I never went back, but heard they have cleaned it up alot, repaired it, ( its not the same ) there were stories they had many spirit guides try to put the souls to rest. There were cars that were said to have been chased out of there by devil worshipers and crashed on the hillside out, the cars were there. The story is you could still hear them screaming if you listened. That I didnt sit around to hear. But they were said to have taken the cars out years ago. ?? Not going back to find out!

hey I knowa girl she my friend and she says shes been haunted so reply if u r Whirly Dude for more info email me at: my email

read this quote

I have been to the Maltby Cemetary several times, i grew up in Bothell, you have to take a trail at the side of the road, its spooky at night, and every time iíve ever gone up there, there is an old Chevy truck with one headlight out and no tailgate that just drives up and down the road near the trailhead, (been there probobly 10 times over 2 years) its spooky and all, but no 13 steps, but there is a big broken up slab of concrete on the ground that seems to serve no purpose, but iíve heard that the steps were bulldozed in the early 90ís to keep kids from coming and messing up the gravestones (which were getting vandalized) i believe the last person to be buried there was in 1999 that i saw, and it was a husband and wife, but the wife was yet to be burried, just had her birth year on itÖ and if i remember right, there were a lot of kids, like people under 20 burried there, definately creepy, but never found the steps. (maybe if you bring a shovel) but be careful, the guy who owns the place chased us out with a shovel onceÖ

the website i found it on is: http://www.realhaunt...tes/cemetery-4/

Great Happy Openminded Scary Tremendous

Edited by ghostsaviour, 26 June 2008 - 10:52 AM.

#30 Ghostride

Ghostride

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Figuring out the paranormal

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

Ok time to add more to this thread since I am new to the forum. I have been to the cemetery myself in Maltby and the first few trips I never experienced a thing. Not even a sound that scared me. But my last two trips were filled with sounds. I had gone with a cousin of mine when we were sixteen seventeen time frame. There were strange sounds at first that could be made out to be an animal. At least thats what we told ourselves. Then my cousin kept hearing what sounded like a kid laughing. After about five or so minutes of this coming and going I finally heard what sounded like a kid laughing. So we were standing off to one end of the cemetery and crouched down to kinda hide in case it was actual humans. We kept hearing it then all of a sudden about ten feet down our right side, the bushes were moving. The wind was not blowing at all that night, not even a breeze, it was humid as hell and I was sweating! We walked over to check it out but nothing. Then the kid was laughing what seemed to be right in front of us. We took a few steps back took some pictures with no luck in them. That was all that happened that night so we left.
If we can see our own reflection in the mirror, then what does a ghost see when they appear?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)