• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

Personally when I do investigations I specialize. I generally don't do much video, thus I seldom take any video cameras, unless I suspect hoaxing, then I may include some coverage just to keep everyone honest.

I use a dynamic EMF monitor for sweeping the area prior to investigations in order to loc ate anything which may interfere with later work. I follow that up with static EMF monitor which keeps tabs on any EM disturbances that may occur. This could be solar activity, strong RF fields, anything which may pop up.

I also have thermometers, barometer, and hygrometer to check environmental conditions. Usually these are done only at the start of an investigation, but if anything changes, or it is an extended time period I may update periodically.

Since I always specialized in audio that is where my equipment is concentrated. For that I use both EMF sensors and microphones. I also have an electrostsic field detector which I can use if desired. All recording is done in stereo , so at the very least I have two of each of these. The desired source is fed into an EVamP2 mixer which allows for high gain and voice band emphasis. This device also uses a low impedence, balanced input to improve noise figures and common mode rejection.

The output of the mixer is fed either to a four track casette recorder (2 channels, the other two may be used for either a second set of sensors or microphone for my side of any conversation attemptes.). If I am using digital them I will use the EVamP2 into a Fostex FR2 field recorder.

The EVamP2 also allows for real time monitoring of any activity The theory behind this set up is to communicate directly in real time using the mics and EVamP2. The recorder is secondary in that it simply provides a record of whatever takes place and allows for future analysis of any audio obtained.

I have also done research using a separate amplifier system to generate audio as an EM field in an attempt to communicate in that manner. The work is ongoing and I don't use it at every investigation.

Audio analysis is done in the lab using all analog equipment. No EVP is ever cleaned or altered. I may play them back using various filtering techniques to improve what I hear, but that is done real time and only the settings are preserved to allow me or someone else to duplicate them. The use of very low noise high quality recording techniques means that no cleaning is needed, thus that avenue of corruption of the audio is eliminated..

Equipment used may be a 19 band graphic equalizer, a five band parametric eualizer, Burwen noise reduction system. Shelving filter and AGC system, Agilent technologies spectrum analyzer, Tektronix four trace oscilloscope, and various other test equipment based on the needs of a particular audio track.

That is what I use on a general investigation, if something else is required I will adapt my techniques as needed to fit the occassion.

#17 Gene at bsphi

Gene at bsphi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

If your serious about wanting a thermo camera I have a Raz-ir nano that I no longer use. It is just about 1 year old. I think the list price is around $8,500 but I would let it go a lot cheaper as long as I know it is being used to further the research.

http://raz-ir.com/in...red-camera.html

If your interested drop me a mail at gene @ bsphi.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users