Thayer Cemetery/Schoolhouse

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lee78

Lee78

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hi- I am new and actually logged on because I saw some postings about an old schoolhouse located in Thayer Cemetery in Northville MI. While I have always been aware of demons (church background), I am rather new to the whole spirt world and am quite perplexed how an old building can have such a pull on someone after many many years even as an adult. I am still pulled toward this house. When I was younger I would drive out to this spot a few times a week. When I would get there, there would be a tug of war. The feeling that I need to go in, but at the same time that there is something very horrible there as well. Sometimes I would pull into the drive and just sit, other times I was compleled to drive by as quickly as I could. As a teenager I have been inside- one of the people I was with started to tear boards off the walls and I could almost feel the *pain?* the house was going through and was hysterical for him to stop. Even inside the pull and the terror were equal- like I was supposed to be there but one wrong turn, move and I would no longer be welcome. I could feel *it* just waiting...... I went back again, this past weekend, after years. I had thought about it often but discarded the notion as it is a bit of a drive. But the feeling has been growing. It was calling. The house was calming, beautiful, serene. It felt like I was home?! Please someone tell me- am I crazy? Its a house! I am not a ghost hunter, I am simply pulled to this spot. Why am I attached to this house, and why would feel such peace and fear in the same place. Its not the cemetery - no issues there....its the house!?

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

Hi Lee78 and welcome to GV. :D

Well, first of all: you aren't crazy. You're probably just sensitive to the paranormal.

I've had the same type of things happen to me - being "pulled" to certain places. The strongest "pull" I ever felt was to a negative type of energy. When we're sensitive to the paranormal, it's easy for us to be "taken over" by these feelings. Too, if we're under stress, the pull can be greater. I've found that during periods of high-stress, I am much more sensitive to the paranormal around me.

It's very important, therefore, to resist the pull to places we know to hold negative energy and to stay alert when in places we feel drawn to that are not necessarily negative, but can turn into a negative if they become too overwhelming. Sometimes, the pull can become so great it can overwhelm us and that is simply not good in any way. Once, I was investigating a cemetery and was experiencing the residual energies of a rape that had occurred there. The visions I was having became so horrific, someone needed to take over and get me out of the area because I was too overwhelmed to break the tie. It's just something to be conscious of because a pull that becomes greater than we are can have very negative consequences.

Feeling drawn to a certain place, but being able to protect yourself spiritually and getting out as soon as you notice the warning signs of becoming over-whelmed (and, notifying the others with you about what may occur so that they can keep an eye on you and help if you do become over-whelmed) are important things to keep in mind, also.

:)

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 10 July 2006 - 09:58 PM.

#3 Lee78

Lee78

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

Thank you :D

I have "felt" things before - usually a stong forbidding or smothering feeling. It happens a lot when I am near where certain Native American ceremonies take place, certain places in Getttysburg *no shocker*, and even the back room of one holistic store up north of all places...but I always thought I was just playing games with myself. I do know that I have seen demons...or else its the same one who appeared twice- I can't tell...but that was pure fear. And I have found a small patch where I have found complete peace and you can just feel the swirls around you. This house is fear and peace- So strong is the draw it seems hard to even comprehend not going back there. I added a picture of the cemetery as my profile picture - its so soft and peaceful. I felt the need to take photos (its my hobby) and even took one of myself with the house. It just felt like I belonged there...almost like an old friend. No other place has the draw and I have no attachment to anyone in buried there. Why would I be so sensitive to just this house when there are so many other places that would have stronger activity?

#4 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

It's hard for me to try to explain this, but I know what you're talking about. As I have been drawn to very specific places and spirits, myself, I would venture to guess that it is a two-way street, so-to-say, between you and the particular spirit you are near. You might be "picked" by the spirits themselves for some reason. It's hard to put this adequately into words and I'm only speaking from my own personal experiences. So, this is just one possibility.

I'm sure others here on GV have some other good possibilities to share, as well.

:D

Viv

#5 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:22 AM

i know how you feel you aren't crazy things like this happen theres one place everytime i pass it i get chills dont know why but it happens
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,373 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:31 AM

Wow....very interesting story Lee. Welcome to Ghostvillage by the way. I think I am going to move this thread to "Personal Encounters"...I think it will get better feedback over there.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:05 AM

~Welcome to GhostVillage, Lee78. And NO, you're very far from being crazy! The only time I've felt "drawn" to a place was after my husband & I purchased our home last year. The home was built in 1880, and ever since the first day we were shown the house, I just felt like "I've been here before & this is where I need to be" feeling. There's activity in my home, but seems to "take breaks" from time to time. I'm not from around here, so I've never been to this house in my 35 years of living. So I know, in a way, what you're talking about. You've definately come to the right place for help...welcome again to being a part of a mighty big family!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:40 AM

Hmm, looks like everything needed to say has already been said.

Either way, in most cases from what I've heard and experianced myself, feeling that strong of a pull to one place is rarely a good sign. In fact, I think that in your case this is NOT good. I suggest staying as far away from this schoolhouse/cemetary as possible. It appears that a very powerful entity or multiple entities have made a connection with you through your spiritual sensitive abilities. Its amazing how they can weed out people and pick out someone who is sensitive... Either way, what's happening to you is probably not good. I suggest paying attention to your "gut feeling" and try to pick out the energy around you when you are near this establishment. If you do this, you will be able to honestly feel that sense that something is not right, and possibly be able to break the bond between you and the building.

#9 Lee78

Lee78

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

Thank you all - I feel better to know I am not crazy but at the same time - spirit interest is a bit unnerving as well. I do think I will go back- just once. I need to see it again at night with my camera- after that I will try to stay away. I just need the pictures.....

#10 HKahler

HKahler

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

I feel the EXACT same way about this place Lee. Me and a few friends have gone there alot lately. Although I get some feelings in the cemetary also I cant figure out what it is!

#11 thora

thora

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

We went there tonight, what would the history be and why is it so sturdily boarded. How have you been getting in?

#12 thora

thora

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

I feel the EXACT same way about this place Lee. Me and a few friends have gone there alot lately. Although I get some feelings in the cemetary also I cant figure out what it is!

Hey HKaler contact me at pandiber04@yahoo.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users