Ghosts of War

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:31 AM

I just got Ghosts of War. I read the part about Fort Miegs, here in OH. Great stuff Jeff!

Civilwarbuff,
There's more than American history in there. You should pick it up. I think you'll like it. I can't wait to read the rest.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#17 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:32 PM

I just got Ghosts of War. I read the part about Fort Miegs, here in OH. Great stuff Jeff!

Civilwarbuff,
There's more than American history in there. You should pick it up. I think you'll like it. I can't wait to read the rest.

hey duke of boobie,hahaha didnt mean to put that....brain is faster than my fingers.you changed your icon. how come? i liked the pumpkin dancing.

i will have to get that book much later though.after my bills get paid.
cwb
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#18 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:39 AM

Civilwarbuff,

hey duke of boobie,hahaha didnt mean to put that....brain is faster than my fingers.you changed your icon. how come? i liked the pumpkin dancing.

i will have to get that book much later though.after my bills get paid.
cwb

I went with an infantry bugle since I'm a CW reenactor now.

You can get the book off of Amazon. I think it was only about $10.00 new.

Kudos to Jeff a on the historical research! It's always better to get the history before launching right into the ghost stories.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

#19 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

Thanks, Duke!
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#20 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:39 PM

well i went to our local bookstore.which is borders and they dont have ghosts of war.just phooey.i was willing to spend money to.thats the only bookstore around.i never buy anything online.im to afraid of hackers getting my personal info.i think i may ask my mom who lives far away if she can find it up in her neck of the woods.its very annoying for me when i have money to burn so to speak and i cant buy anything..........

hey duke of boogie on the reenacter part. which are you a yankee or a rebel?
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#21 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

I finished Ghosts of War on Thursday. Great Job Jeff! It was a very easy, and entertaining read. Some ghost books, and history books can get over-descriptive to a point where reading them becomes tideous. Not this one. Great info written in a manner that makes it easy to understand for all. I look forward to maybe seeing a Ghosts of War II hit the selves. (hint hint)

#22 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

hey duke of boogie, i visited chamberlains grave and his house.very interesting.to bad they dont have air conditioners on in the house.it was sooo very hot.i loved the living room.with the windows above the fireplace.that was different.

also, still cant find the book ghosts of war.ticks me off.plus the book store borders never heard of jeff as an author.which is weird because 2 yrs ago i bought the first 2 books there.the books that are mentioned on here.

#23 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

You can buy them on here in the Ghost Mart.

Jeff autographed mine when I met him this past Nov.

I loved the book!

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#24 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

Hey Jeff! I got a question, you mention in the book about the three that were hung at sachs Bridge....did you find any historical basis about that information...we were told that it was a tale when we got a picture of what appeared to be a noose hanging from the rafters at the bridge....it seems that alot of folk do believe in the story and it does sound like it could be true...that's why I ask? Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#25 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:10 AM

I have just ordered ghosts of war and i can't wait to read, I will post my review when I have finished it!

#26 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

I have just ordered ghosts of war and i can't wait to read, I will post my review when I have finished it!

Let me know what you feel about Chapter 27? Jeff was kind enough to write this chapter about what my contribution to the paranormal is all about.

Richard

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 10 November 2007 - 01:06 PM.

"He who asserts must also prove" - Aristotle

#27 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

will do, I have to pick it from the book shop on monday and i am waiting for Jeff's new book to come, the shop had to order it from the states!

#28 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:23 PM

will do, I have to pick it from the book shop on monday and i am waiting for Jeff's new book to come, the shop had to order it from the states!

I know that you will enjoy Ghosts of War as it's a great book. I'm not just saying that because I'm featured in it.

Richard

"He who asserts must also prove" - Aristotle

#29 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:19 AM

i havent read the whole book on ghosts of war.i did read what interested me.like the civil war.but i did read his other books.the one called our haunted lives.i read that in one day.very good.to bad he cant come up with other books like that.like our haunted lives #2.i like reading about other peoples experiences.

#30 Bettie Page

Bettie Page

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:America's favorite pinup girl - Gone but not forgotten . . .

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

I know that you will enjoy Ghosts of War as it's a great book. I'm not just saying that because I'm featured in it.

Richard

Well, if you're featured in it, Richard, then I'll definitely have buy a copy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users