Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Ghosts of Pets - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

We love our pets. In some ways our pets are even better than our family, because our pets mostly don’t talk back! Over the years, I’ve been asked many times in my programs and lectures about animal spirits. Do animals—especially our pets—have a soul or spirit?

While venturing into that territory will bring up many debates from religiously-inclined people, I will say that I’ve encountered countless witnesses of ghosts that seem to be animals. One common event reported is after a family’s dog dies they’ll feel his furry body brush up against them in the house, though no other animals are present. Or seeing paw prints forming as if an invisible animal is walking on a fluffy bedspread.

I’m reminded of the story of Fat Kitty told to me by Suzy Lehman from Jasper, Tennessee. Fat Kitty (I’ll let you guess how she got her name) came into Suzy’s life around 1985. She was a stray who simply decided the Lehmans’ home would be her new residence, and that was all there was to it. The Lehmans loved their cat for almost a decade until she passed away early one December.

Suzy told me how she and her husband were setting up their Christmas tree about a week later and they had one of those moments when they realized they could hang ornaments on the lowest branches of the tree for the first time in ten years. Cat owners with Christmas trees understand this problem. The cats will bat and often break any dangling hanging ornaments within their reach, so the bottom of cat owners’ Christmas trees are often bare. That year the Lehmans could decorate all the way to the bottom.

When Suzy and her husband stood back to admire their fully-decorated Christmas tree, a tear rolled down Suzy’s cheek as she was reminded that Fat Kitty was gone. That’s when she said she watched one-by-one as the ornaments on those lowest branches were knocked by some unseen force. The sight caused a few more tears and some laughter. Suzy took this as a sign that Fat Kitty was still with them.

I believe all living things have some kind of energy and essence to them. And when we love someone (including our pets and animals), we infuse some of our essence and energy into those things. That doesn’t vanish at the moment of death. This month we’re going to further discuss the ghosts of animals and pets. If you’ve had an experience like Suzy Lehman’s, please share it in our Encounters forum here: https://ghostvillage...your-encounter/. Others would love to hear about your story.

Being November here at the Ghostvillage.com headquarters, it’s nearing Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for so many things: my family, my friends, my work, and the countless people I get the opportunity to interact with each year. Thank you for reading the newsletter and for your support.

As I’ve told you in recent newsletters, I have a new weekly podcast called the New England Legends Podcast. Each Thursday at noon I post a new episode to Ghostvillage.com, iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, and other podcast distribution services. Each episode is short—roughly six to 12 minutes in length—and covers a strange story from somewhere in the northeastern United States. I’d love your help in getting the word out. An easy way to do that is to post a review on iTunes: https://itunes.apple...1274188453?mt=2 those go a long way in helping us get noticed. You can also share the link, and tell others. My co-host Ray Auger and I are committed to bringing you a new story each week.

Being mid-November also means we’re coming to the close of 2017. (Scary… I know!) We have just a few 2018 Haunted New England wall calendars left. You can only get them here: https://www.jeffbela...ngland-2018.php

Be thankful, fellow Ghostvillagers. And keep up the discussion!

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users