• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

I had my name called, waking me up frome my sleep a coulpe of times.
It also happened at work. The girl I work with was showing me something on the pc when someone said her name. she looked at me and I looked at her. She said "did you hear" and i finished by saying "someone saying your name?" We freaked out! It was clear as a bell. She said she always heard it was the devil calling your name,I don't think that. It was a womans voice. I felt like it was her grandmother who had recently passed away. I know we both didn't imagine it. I was very unnerving but not like something bad was goning to happen.

Edited by secretsign, 27 September 2006 - 07:18 PM.

Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 xstarchild

xstarchild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

This has happened to me ever since I was very little, since around age 4. I'd go to my mom and tell her what happened and she thought I was crazy. But it still happens to me, I'm still trying to figure it out. I've been able to do.... whatever it is that I can do... and my abilities are still slowly growing, so in time, I hope I figure this one out lol.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.

#18 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

I do not believe that our name being called is always a spirit guide or someone looking out for us. Personally I have had my name called on several occasions and then been told to "die". Particularly the EVP where my name is sung in malicious manner, a taunting manner then the "I want you to...DIE" right after. That is NOT a spirit guide lol. Your theory is interesting though. Very intrigueing.

Sheal

#19 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

Sheal, if I ever heard anything like that, I would have to have my own "panic room" in my house and I would never get any sleep. I would have garlic on my door, crosses around my neck and pounds of salt all over the corners of my house......LOL LOL

#20 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

lol, I am used to it. I've lived with this a very, very long time!

Sometimes it still spooks me a bit but what else can I do but to ignore it and move about my business? Not like you can tell them to "beep off", not all entities listen to what you tell them to do. It's just a method of getting my attention, albeit a creepy one.

Sheal

#21 Ihearvoices

Ihearvoices

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:09 PM

Wow others like me!! :clap: I'm woke up quite alot by hearing my name, I'm a lite sleeper and if you say my name I'm wide awake. This always happens between 3am and 4am, if it's not my hearing my name it's either someone knocking on the front door or ringing the doorbell between 3am - 4am. Strange thing is that when someone else is staying here it doesn't happen. My stepdaughter and grandson lived here for 11 months while her husband was in Iraq, when they moved out this pass Feb it started again. I'm so tired of being scaried hearing the knocking or doorbell in the middle of the night I'm so afraid someone is there with bad news. One thing I NEVER do is open the door 1. it might be trick to get me to open the door for someone to rob us 2. some thing not of our plane level might be wanting an invite in. I ONLY look out the peep hole to see if someone is standing in the view.
Lately in order to sleep undisturbed I ask my spirit guide to keep who ever from disturbing my sleep. It has been working as long as I remember to ask each night before going to sleep.
Just wish I could figure out who's doing it and why.

Lisa

#22 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hello, Spirit Lady. I had experienced my name being called several times (at home). I was
going through a rough patch at my job at the time, and I believe it
was my guardian angel warning me. After I made a major change I had been contemplating,
I haven't heard my name being called since.
It's also common to hear your name being called when you're in a relaxed state,
such as dozing off or just waking up.

Also, when I was 13 years old, I heard a
voice command me to sit in the back of our family car (when I could have ridden up front),
and good thing I did, because we were in a car crash five minutes later, and I would have
gone through the windshield. My voices were genderless, like your mind-voice when you read.

Sheal, have you experienced unexplained scratches on your legs and arms? This has been
happening in my household lately.

#23 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

This is usually when I hear my name.... so do you believe it is a spirit or just the subconscious mind?

#24 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

This is usually when I hear my name.... so do you believe it is a spirit or just the subconscious mind?

Nadinek, I think it is a spirit. As for a guide...maybe. I know in my case it was what
I call my guardian angel. I would pay close attention, though.

#25 Ihearvoices

Ihearvoices

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

:Spaz: I wish , NO it has to happen at sometime between 3 am and 4 am, I always fall asleep around midnight.

Lisa

#26 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:29 AM

same here, I hear my name called all the time...alot of the time when I am alone...sometimes I even hear it in my nephews voice by the nickname he gave me...and most of the time noone is there to be saying it.

I have gotten so used to it, that I don`t even answer to my name half of the time when some really is calling my name cause I think its just nothing lol
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#27 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:47 AM

I think I might have wrote about this before, but I thought I would add this in again since it fits here. At the nursing facility I work for now, I have only had one encounter and it just seems that it happens to tie in with this topic. I had one patient that seemed to be deeply cared for me as I did for her. I had injured my back and told Dorothy I had to leave immediatly and Tracey would be taking over. As Dorothy could never call me Julie, always Julia, she said, "Julia please don't leave me." I told her not to worry I would be back soon. Little did I know, my back was a little more serious and I couldn't return for a little over a week. Returning to work was a bad judgement call too. Too my amazement, Dororthy had passed in that little time span, that took me by surprise, when I left she was had no ailment signs. Now Dorothy had one of our Suites in the nursing facility a private room to herself, it had now been occupied to another patient, as our rooms filled up quickly. As I was walking down the hall that morning, making my morning rounds, I heard Dorothy call out, "Julia help me." I was just about to enter the suite, when I realized, Judy now occupied the suite. I turned to my co-worker down the hall and asked Tracey, did you hear that, she was about 30 feet away from me. She said what? I told her, she said no, but had every hair standing up on her arm. To this day I have no doubt that was Dorothy's voice calling out to me, I couldn't help but say I'm sorry for not being there when she passed. I wish I would have been there. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#28 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

Angleicus:

Yes, I have on rare occasion expereinced unknown sourced scratches. Mostly on my arms or hands. I don't experience that often, in fact only have two or three times.

Sheal

#29 chaotichoney

chaotichoney

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Reading, photography, sketching, cooking, writing, hanging out with my munchkins and learning new things.

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:32 PM

I have experienced this too. I am still unnerved by it, accustomed to it, but unnerved by it.
The most dramatic experience I had with this was when I was 18. I was in bed, but had not even started to fall asleep. I laid my head on the pillow and heard my name whispered. I sat up and looked around. No one there. I thought perhaps I was hearing things. I laid my head back down and heard it clearly, and loudly right in my ear. I jumped out of bed! . I slept downstairs that night....with the light on. I did check around to see if it was my Mom. She was asleep. I was positive it wasn't her voice, but at the time I was seriously hoping to rationalize it.
When we moved to our current home, I would hear a child call "Mommy" and answer. When I wouldn't hear a reply, I would go check on the munchkins, only to find them all asleep.

#30 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

Angleicus:

Yes, I have on rare occasion expereinced unknown sourced scratches. Mostly on my arms or hands. I don't experience that often, in fact only have two or three times.

Sheal

Thanks, Sheal. The scratches I've received looked as if a straight pin was raked
across either my legs or upper arms, below the shoulder.

;) I wish , NO it has to happen at sometime between 3 am and 4 am, I always fall asleep around midnight.

Lisa

Lisa, the spirits are very active around 3 a.m. Check your clock next time and see
if it reads 3:15. :cheerleader:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users